News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who Was Your Man Of The Match? (Vote Now)

Started by White Noise, August 22, 2010, 06:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who Was Your Man Of The Match?

Stockdale
Pantsil
Hangeland
Hughes
Konchesky
Davies
Etuhu
Murphy
Duff
Dempsey
Zamora
Dembele
Greening
Gera

White Noise

Bobby Zamora for me. Tireless and troubled them throughout. Kept them under pressure and could have had a very good day.

Andy Crysell

For me, dead heat between Brede & Hughsie.

GoldCoastWhite

Hughesie very tidy, again. Brede made up for the o.g with a great goal/equaliser, Bobby had a terrific game but I'm giving it to Etuhu, just, over Davies. M.Hughes appears to have given Dickson license to go forward and he was making a great nuisance of himself. Well done big fella and well done to Stocky for the penalty save and looking completely unfazed against the Surrey Reds.

Ag

Simon Davies.  The goal puts him ahead of Hughes in my book.

FFCOutpostCommander

This was a great performance for many, I'm hard pressed to pick just one. I'll have to watch it again but every player gave their all. Shame we didn't complete the treble.
Quietly holding down the fort in Northern NJ, USA

Supermitch

Tricky one as can make a good case for several players.  I thought Brede had an excellent game and just shaved it in my vote.

FishaPrice

simon
without a doubt.

hughes a notable second.
stocky was my third choice

ImperialWhite

ZonalMarking match report comment sez it best:

Selen Vinland on August 22, 2010 at 7:43 pm

Zamora's transformation into a top class striker is one of the more surreal things to happen in football in recent years. He was almost out the door at Fulham 12 months ago, and is now an England international. Another fantastic performance from him today against a shaky-looking Evans.

HatterDon

I'm surprised to see such a landslide for Hangeland. I know he's The Anointed One, but he made enough mistakes in the first 30 minutes to have buried us out of sight. Young Hernandez roasted him out there and if not for Aaron Hughes bailing him out, it could have been another 0-6. Having said that, he finished the match brilliantly.

For me, though, Hangeland only rates 4th, behind #3 Murphy, #2 Hughes, and #1 Super Simon Davies. THE reason we turned the match around after the first 20 minutes was the speed and menace of Davies. It's the best I've seen him play in a long time in a league match. I'll have 36 more of those, please Mr. Super Taffy.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

LordNelson

Stockdale.  If the lad hadn't stopped that penalty, match over.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

BarryP

It is nice to have such a difficult choice.  I voted Stockdale for the PK stop.  It looked like all of Fulham's good play was going down the drain before Stockdale came up with the save.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

NogoodBoyo

Hughes it is.
Nogood "any old Aaron, isit" Boyo

CaliforniaFFC

Quote from: HatterDon on August 22, 2010, 09:08:24 PM
I'm surprised to see such a landslide for Hangeland. I know he's The Anointed One, but he made enough mistakes in the first 30 minutes to have buried us out of sight. Young Hernandez roasted him out there and if not for Aaron Hughes bailing him out, it could have been another 0-6. Having said that, he finished the match brilliantly.

For me, though, Hangeland only rates 4th, behind #3 Murphy, #2 Hughes, and #1 Super Simon Davies. THE reason we turned the match around after the first 20 minutes was the speed and menace of Davies. It's the best I've seen him play in a long time in a league match. I'll have 36 more of those, please Mr. Super Taffy.

Hangeland was immense (actually imperious). Man of the Match no argument. Hernandez roasted no one as per no shots on target or goals scored. Hughes was magnificent also but THEY (H & H) are a team. Hangelands goal edges it.

Tom

Fulham for life!

sipwell

I will vote Belgian, because I like Belgians.   :011:

Stockdale for me. From what I've seen (match day), two necessary stops or it would have been 2-4.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

TheDaddy

Close run thing between Zamora and Stockdale after much mulling over i've given my vote to our new No 1 ,Outstanding saves and as said brilliant penalty save even if it was poorly taken.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Jimpav

Hangeland has a storming game. Completely bossed United and their strike force.

Scholes goal was unfortunate but was a good strike that only comes from experience - Stockdale would not have seen it coming.

Hangeland was unlucky with his own goal but more than atoned for it with his equaliser.

He showed great spirit and would make an excellent captain.