more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What Did You Make Of Dembele?

Started by White Noise, August 22, 2010, 06:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Big strong boy isn't he?

Looks very composed and a good footballing brain.

He is going to cause problems this season and he looked confident and linked up well despite only having one training session.

Andy Crysell

I agree WN.  He couldn't have done much better.  I know it's early to call, but he looks class.  And how was that NOT a pen against him when he was having his shirt yanked off his back............anyone?

GoldCoastWhite

Definite pen against anyone else and I like M.Hughes thinking. Put him on with a reasonable amount of time to play, against Man U on his debut. Get on there and show us what you've got ! Very positive.

Ag

Agree, looks strong and deceptively quick on the ball.  As he gains familiarity with the boys, I expect he'll pay dividends.

FFCOutpostCommander

Has a really nice touch for a big man. Did you take note of the way he controlled the ball in tight spaces today? Another good tool in the chest. Hope we keep the rest through the window. The extra depth is very welcome!
Quietly holding down the fort in Northern NJ, USA

LRCN

looks loads like zamora physically, strong and agile and deceptively quick. but can't really deduce much else. thought we didn't play as well when he came on compared to when dempsey played.

Admin

Quote from: Lork on August 22, 2010, 06:36:46 PM
looks loads like zamora physically, strong and agile and deceptively quick. but can't really deduce much else. thought we didn't play as well when he came on compared to when dempsey played.
[/quote

Dempsey bum lover ;-)

LRCN

Quote from: Admin on August 22, 2010, 06:39:01 PM
[/quote

Dempsey bum lover ;-)

he's a good looking guy scotty, gotta get what you can.

mattiesafer

Quote from: FFCOutpostCommander on August 22, 2010, 06:29:46 PM
Has a really nice touch for a big man. Did you take note of the way he controlled the ball in tight spaces today? Another good tool in the chest. Hope we keep the rest through the window. The extra depth is very welcome!

He truly looked excellent.  Energetic, skilled, intelligent, fast.  If this is a sign of things to come a great buy!  

It's going to be interesting seeing how the team shapes up this season... If Hughes keeps wanting to play with more traditional wingers then I think we might see Gera or Dempsey gone at the halfway mark, unless Dempsey starts shifting into Murphy's slot... Etuhu was great again, BTW.

Not to get too off subject, but I assume everybody noticed Greening getting another yellow!  When will Dikgacoi be available again?  As long as he doesn't let his temper get the best of him I'd rather see him (or Baird, TBH) coming in at that late hour.

Oh and of course I must give proper attention to the back 5.  Stockdale was brill again, Hughes played excellently (and managed another shot today!) Hangeland clearly made his mark, Konchesky looked solid at both ends and Pantsil managed well enough.

I thought we were just fantastic today.  Excellent.  MORE LIKE TODAY.. Like I always say, onward and upwards!

M

The Rock

Agreed with all. I think he's even stronger than Etuhu bringing thevball up front. At one point on the left side about 3 United players when pinging off him until he was fouled. Could be great once settled in to the side.

BarryP

I agree with Lork.  I thought we looked better when Dempsey was on.  Outside of Dembele's phyiscal attributes I don't think there was much else on display today. I think it is really to early to make any kind of judgement on him either way.  Maybe in another month or two I'll decide what it is I really like about him.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

YankeeJim

I have to agree with Barry. I thought we were more creative with Dempsey but the new ld does have the look of a quality striker about him.

On the positive side, Dixon looks a different player. I like him better around the offensive box then Dan at this stage of his career. It seems to me that Mark has Danny staying back a bit to give that through ball everyone looks for. Dixon gives us 3 tall guys in the box during the run of play and the new lad will make four unless Dempsey gives way. BZ & Simon were excellent. Oh, and how about that shootin' fool Hughes. I see a dozen for him this year.  :011:

On the negative side,  Pantsil had an average day at best, Danny is playing from memory and Duff is like AJ, pace is a big part of his game and it pretty much seems gone.

Lastly, Mark who??????????????
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

FishaPrice

im excited.
i havent been worried about our lack of signings. i think our team is quality and we need to sign MORE quality, certainly not quantity.

save our money, and buy important new talent.

the new boy should do well in this league.

FishaPrice

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 22, 2010, 07:56:13 PM

On the negative side,  Pantsil had an average day at best, Danny is playing from memory and Duff is like AJ, pace is a big part of his game and it pretty much seems gone.

duffers needs to be played on the right wing. when he switched over there he improved a lot.

YankeeJim

If Danny & Duff can contribute and sad to say, I think they'll lose playing time as the season progresses;knowing that we have the new lad who can spell BZ and more likely form a great partnership with him & Gera & Dempsey to cover Duff & provide the possibility of a 4-3-3 or some such additional option should mean fewer of those nil/nil days & maybe (hold your breath) a goal or two on the road.

RidgeRider

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 22, 2010, 07:56:13 PM
I have to agree with Barry. I thought we were more creative with Dempsey but the new ld does have the look of a quality striker about him.

On the positive side, Dixon looks a different player. I like him better around the offensive box then Dan at this stage of his career. It seems to me that Mark has Danny staying back a bit to give that through ball everyone looks for. Dixon gives us 3 tall guys in the box during the run of play and the new lad will make four unless Dempsey gives way. BZ & Simon were excellent. Oh, and how about that shootin' fool Hughes. I see a dozen for him this year.  :011:

Lastly, Mark who??????????????

Couldn't agree more Jim. I am having small concerns over Duff's form thus far, but it is early and I think you are dead on about why Etuhu moving forward. Dixon is a big physical player and will add to , as you point out, the worries of the central defenders with two other large physical players in the box with him. He will poach and few and may head a few before the season is over if he continues to play forward like that and no doubt will help wear out the CB's in the process.

NogoodBoyo

Now Yankee Rider - put on those nifty looking revers cycle mirrors that you guys have strapped to your helmets and see that it was Duff absolutely skinning the left back that created the goal that put us back in the game.
That sort of stuff is priceless.  It's what both he and Murphy bring to the game - the ability to turn it on its head in an instant.  But Davies looked smashing today.  He was very up to it.
My MOTM?  Aaron Hughes.  He's a stunningly effective presence in the heart of the defence.
Nogood "happy as Larry, isit" Boyo

SmithyFFC

Looks a good player. Wasn't afraid to take on a man, showed some nice touches and linked up well with BZ, Sparky may hav found a gem here.  :54:
FTID

LordNelson

The lad's a massive load of beef moving down the pitch.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

YankeeJim

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on August 22, 2010, 09:10:58 PM
Now Yankee Rider - put on those nifty looking revers cycle mirrors that you guys have strapped to your helmets and see that it was Duff absolutely skinning the left back that created the goal that put us back in the game.
That sort of stuff is priceless.  It's what both he and Murphy bring to the game - the ability to turn it on its head in an instant.  But Davies looked smashing today.  He was very up to it.
My MOTM?  Aaron Hughes.  He's a stunningly effective presence in the heart of the defence.
Nogood "happy as Larry, isit" Boyo

NogoodBoyo,
In the first place, I don't need no revers cycle mirrors, I know the lasses are watching as I pass by.
But, to your point, the move that started the goal was priceless to be sure but, alas! the match is 90 minutes long (unless manure is behind then it's 95) one sweet move does not MOTM make.

Davis was smashing and "Shotgun" Huhes was also my MOTM. Without him..........