watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marks Out Of 10 For Sparky

Started by White Noise, August 22, 2010, 08:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

What do you think of the Sparky style of play so far?

Interesting to see how much higher a defensive line we are playing.

We are more direct for sure but not as direct as perhaps many had feared.

Marks out of 10 for the Sparky approach so far?

NogoodBoyo

Tonywa

I must say that high defensive lines rather worry me, thinking back to the Sanchez days.  Although they were a fair number of long punts up to Zamora, we also played some lovely football at times and counter-attacked with a fair degree of purpose.

Andy Crysell

fulham4prem

8.5 .Defense still looks reasonable solid...and we had no fears of attacking Utd from the off.Looked very dangerous on the counter attack.Early days yet but it looks like MAF has got it right again.coyw

YankeeJim

I believe he is a solid 8. We are actually attacking. Hopefully, we'll continue to do so on our next road trip. My gosh, Dixon & Aaron have already shot more this year then all of last. I too worry about the counter. With the aboved mentioned two in the box, it's up to the out backs to cover...which, I think they should be able to do.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Tom

Told you guys Sparky has some big stones. I am liking what I am seeing.
Fulham for life!

Lighthouse

Too early to tell but he clearly wants us to attack. His subs early were good. Roy would not have brought on Dembele but maybe Gera a minute from time. So a more attacking side. Which will mean gaps at tha back. So far a solid 9 because he takes chances.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tom

I would give him an 8.5 so far. I think he should have subbed on Gera a little bit earlier today.
Fulham for life!

Tktd

I'd have given him a 7/7.5, but I really thought he should've started with Gera instead of Dempsey - he obviously likes Dempsey over Gera but for me it looks like Gera could be being frozen out which I think would be a big loss - especially after he scored 3 against Werder Bremen.

Gera and Zamora have a natural click which I'd love to see more often and I also believe having him on the left was a waste of time and space - he was just running around and not doing half as much as he could do.

Gera doesn't suit running up and down the line  he suits running behind the striker and running off him and having the time to bring people into play. Dembele looked good but he didn't look like a natural front man and was playing far too deep to play up front and play off Zamora - maybe I'm being overly critical - especially as this is his first match and he's used to playing on the wings but i'd love to see him come on in the wings.

I just don't see Dempsey playing at the tempo needed to fit into the style of play Hughes wants to play - He's maybe needing to improve still and become a quicker player - taking the ball and passing it on quickly but today I was a bit dissapointed as with Gera on instead of Dempsey I think we could have won as Gera brings soo much to the team and also Dembele should've come on on the wing to spruce things up and attack players like Evra who are notoriously unable to deal with that aggressive approach!

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Tktd on August 23, 2010, 12:56:25 AM

I'd have given him a 7/7.5, but I really thought he should've started with Gera instead of Dempsey - he obviously likes Dempsey over Gera but for me it looks like Gera could be being frozen out which I think would be a big loss - especially after he scored 3 against Werder Bremen.

Gera and Zamora have a natural click which I'd love to see more often and I also believe having him on the left was a waste of time and space - he was just running around and not doing half as much as he could do.

Gera doesn't suit running up and down the line  he suits running behind the striker and running off him and having the time to bring people into play. Dembele looked good but he didn't look like a natural front man and was playing far too deep to play up front and play off Zamora - maybe I'm being overly critical - especially as this is his first match and he's used to playing on the wings but i'd love to see him come on in the wings.

I just don't see Dempsey playing at the tempo needed to fit into the style of play Hughes wants to play - He's maybe needing to improve still and become a quicker player - taking the ball and passing it on quickly but today I was a bit dissapointed as with Gera on instead of Dempsey I think we could have won as Gera brings soo much to the team and also Dembele should've come on on the wing to spruce things up and attack players like Evra who are notoriously unable to deal with that aggressive approach!

Gera didn't train a couple of days this week Sparky said, maybe just resting him to not agrevate his injury. Gera has a big part to play this year, trust me.  :54:
FTID

Tom

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on August 23, 2010, 01:04:58 AM
Quote from: Tktd on August 23, 2010, 12:56:25 AM

Gera has a big part to play this year, trust me.  :54:
100% agree.
Fulham for life!