News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We came back from being behind - twice - to man u with a man u ref...

Started by LBNo11, August 22, 2010, 09:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...very proud, yes we didn't win as we did on the previous home outings, but we showed character, belief and determination. Two penalty shouts turned down for Fulham - one a nailed on certainty and Stockdale raising his profile and belief a thousand-fold with that penalty save.

The Fulham of the north are still one of the greatest teams in the premiership, with or without their precious bad tempered corner flag swiping brat, of that there is no doubt, they were tight in defence and kept us on the back-foot a lot of the time but we still looked as though we could not just get back in the game but even steal it!

Not a win, but some game...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Andy Crysell

Top post Les.

It ebbed and flowed, but no way were we 2nd best.  In fact, we made them look ordinary at times.

COYW!!!!

SmithyFFC

The pleasing thing about this result is that we went toe to toe with United.

In the two-nil they were down to 10 most of the game (then 9!), and we didn't really compete that much in the second half and got a break away goal. In the three-nil all the excuses were that they had no defenders, well if they can splash out £30 million for bloody Berbatov you'd think they'd have enough cover at the back!

We matched an (almost) full strength United team in every area today and got our rewards

COYW
FTID

Oakeshott

It was an excellent game, fairly played and all the commentators/pundits whose views I heard, and Sir Alec himself, agreed a draw was fair. For me, the only blemish on the whole match was the unjustified award of the Man. U penalty, but even that allowed our young keeper a moment of glory, so every cloud ...

Next Saturday will be a real test of whether we are likely to progress. Despite their hammering yesterday, Blackpool will be buzzing for their first Premiership home game. In the two full Roy seasons we failed to beat, away, any of the promoted sides. Let's see if we can nullify Blackpool on the first 20 minutes or so and then get a decent win. If so Mark will, for me, have made his mark!

BarryP

I loved the way Fulham took the game to United for long stretches of the match.  Good movement, good passing and good defense.  Fulham were committed in every aspect to of the match.  The interplay that led to Davies goal was superb. Across the board Fulham were the equal to ManU and I am not in the least surprised.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

os5889

A great advert for football today, a pity though that the referee seemed to be one of those big 4 fan goons

Is there a chant along the lines of your just a top of the table referee that actually syllabilically fits as a song?