watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Feel Good Weekend

Started by CorkedHat, August 23, 2010, 01:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

Continuing the feel good aspect of this great weekend, here in the boondocks of Victoria something else occurred which makes you proud.
One of our local shearers and Facebook friend, Aaron Hemley, aiming for a world record, sheared 904 sheep in forty-eight hours thus entering the Guinness Book of Records. In doing so he raised in excess of $75,000 for a Cancer Unit at a local hospital.
Even though this cancer unit will still be over fifty miles from Rupanyup it is better than the next nearest which is about a hundred and twenty miles. :clap_hands:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

FatFreddysCat

ooooh i'm not feeling good at all, room spinning, very likely to puke  :020:

HatterDon

Quote from: CorkedHat on August 23, 2010, 01:13:12 AM
Continuing the feel good aspect of this great weekend, here in the boondocks of Victoria something else occurred which makes you proud.
One of our local shearers and Facebook friend, Aaron Hemley, aiming for a world record, sheared 904 sheep in forty-eight hours thus entering the Guinness Book of Records. In doing so he raised in excess of $75,000 for a Cancer Unit at a local hospital.
Even though this cancer unit will still be over fifty miles from Rupanyup it is better than the next nearest which is about a hundred and twenty miles. :clap_hands:

Brilliant, Mr. Hat. When I was young I was amazed at what people will do for folks they don't know. Now that I'm deep into AARP country, I am no longer amazed, just very, very pleased. The man took his primary skill, had a ton of fun demonstrating it, and helped out the cancer unit at a local hospital. Something that could have been Fun X2 became Fun X3. Forget the Hokey Pokey, helping your neighbor is what it's all about.  :clap_hands:

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

CorkedHat

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on August 23, 2010, 01:30:54 AM

Just don't puke over the sheep - they haven't got anything to cover them  :019:

Tom

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on August 23, 2010, 01:30:54 AM
Take care of yourself Freddy. You have a Blackpool roadie coming up.
Fulham for life!

finnster01

Quote from: CorkedHat on August 23, 2010, 01:13:12 AM

That is unbelievable. It comes down to 3.2 minutes a sheep... I bet even the Welsh and Davy Jones couldn't beat that.

I am sure one of his relatives performed my number 1 haircut when I first joined the Royal Navy. It took just about as long.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

TheDaddy

Great achievement on 2 counts WELL DONE THAT MAN.   :clap_hands:

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

CorkedHat

As an update, the amount of money Aaron has raised has now reached $100,000. This is a big deal to a small community like ours. :clap_hands: