watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When does religion become bad taste.

Started by Lighthouse, August 23, 2010, 11:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

I am a fan of God. I have no problem with God and He has no problem with me. I believe in the Holy Ghost. I am used to players crossing themselves before, during and after the game. But kneeling down in the centre circle I think is a knee too far. When can we see an altar brought out? Why no smoking handbags and funny pointy hats?

When does religion become bad taste? When God starts feeling awkward and squirms in his seat.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Equalizer

We'll probably see someone with an incense burner walking around the pitch and a druid sacrificing a virgin maiden on the halfway line.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Lighthouse

Quote from: The Equalizer on August 23, 2010, 11:21:34 AM
We'll probably see someone with an incense burner walking around the pitch and a druid sacrificing a virgin maiden on the halfway line.

So you never went to Gigg Lane Bury then?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AlFayedsChequebook

To be fair to 'chicarito' Johnny P does that stance where he points to the heavens.

Andy Crysell

I think it's great that coming to the Cottage puts the fear of God into him.

By the way, shouldn't this be on one of Fred's sausage threads - considering that the player in question is called Chorizo.

LordNelson

Probably when heads begin to get chopped off.  Stoning would be a close second, followed by genital mutilation.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

HatterDon

Quote from: LordNelson on August 23, 2010, 12:33:21 PM
Probably when heads begin to get chopped off.  Stoning would be a close second, followed by genital mutilation.

Ah, those Plantagenets -- the little scamps.

More to the point, when is it okay to put nicknames on your shirts? I thought that was outlawed. First names -- Jonas, Maxi -- perhaps, but what if our guys had shirts that read "Deuce" or "Alien" or "Hughes?"
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel