watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bobby Zamora is simply class

Started by AlFayedsChequebook, August 23, 2010, 11:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

Reading ol'Red nose's comments about how much of a handful Zamora was yesterday got me thinking about some of the comments the 'pundits' were making before the world cup. I distinctly remember my favourite ape-like centre-forward Alan Shearer dismissing Bobby as 'not international class'.

Yesterday Zamora was in top form yet again. He was a massive headache for both Vidic and Evans (particularly the latter) and consistently pulled the defence out of position. It appears that Zamora has really come of age and last season was not just a fluke. I expect he will go from strength to strength again this season.

WhiteJC

I think that Bobby thrives on being the main striker. When AJ played, Bobby had to play a supporting role and therefore didn't get the service he now is.
When he first arrived he was going to be "the striker", in his first game, a friendly against Celtic, he played like he does now, a few weeks later AJ turned up and Bobby was back to playing a supporting role and his reputation as a striker suffered.
It will be interesting to see what happens if/when AJ gets back into the team.

The Equalizer

Quote from: WhiteJC on August 23, 2010, 12:47:39 PM
I think that Bobby thrives on being the main striker. When AJ played, Bobby had to play a supporting role and therefore didn't get the service he now is.
When he first arrived he was going to be "the striker", in his first game, a friendly against Celtic, he played like he does now, a few weeks later AJ turned up and Bobby was back to playing a supporting role and his reputation as a striker suffered.
It will be interesting to see what happens if/when AJ gets back into the team.

Won't happen. I can't see AJ wearing a Fulham shirt for us again.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

SmithyFFC

How Heskey and Carlton Cole were even considered ahead of him is a outrage.
FTID

FatFreddysCat

Good bit by Jamie Redknapp in the Mail today, he raves about Bobby.

Huge

I have always said that AJ damaged Bobbys game. I also doubt that AJ will be back, its just a shame that he cost so much money. No disprespect to AJ at all, he is class and as fast as a wippett but the current set up works so well.
The Dude abides

BestOfBrede

Bobby is class but unfortunately for us will mean the sniffers will be out!
(If not this window deffo next)
Mind you getting into the England squad will have doubled his worth !!

I just hope we don't need to sell and he doesn't want to go - after all he has tried elsewhere and wasn't too successful. Fulham appears to be more to his style & liking?? :002:

jarv

I think the best AJ can hope for now is coming off the bench to make a few runs into the channels, late in the game. He could offer some pace when replacing Duff or Davies.

Jimpav

Bobby is awesome, had a couple of chances to bag a goal himself yesterday and can see him improving on last seasons tally in the PL.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 23, 2010, 01:43:53 PM
Bobby is class but unfortunately for us will mean the sniffers will be out!
(If not this window deffo next)
Mind you getting into the England squad will have doubled his worth !!

I just hope we don't need to sell and he doesn't want to go - after all he has tried elsewhere and wasn't too successful. Fulham appears to be more to his style & liking?? :002:

I cant really see Zamora moving because none of the top teams need a striker like him. Arsenal have Chamakh, United Rooney/Berba, Chelsea Drogba and Lpool Torres. I dont think he would go elsewhere to sit on a bench at this stage in his career. He is banging on the England door and might be a feature for the Euro's in 2012.

He could move abroad but I think he is too physical for the other leagues (not his fault, more the refereeing).