watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monster Hurricane Harvey To Hit Texas

Started by Forever Fulham, August 25, 2017, 11:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

Any of you Fulham fans in south or central Texas, Louisiana, or north east Mexico, batten down the hatches.  The big one's coming.  It won't be most powerful of hurricanes in terms of sustained winds.  But it will cover a huge swath of land and when the eye reaches shore, they say it will just sit there and spin, hardly move at all.  Dumping up to 30" of rain in some areas.  Specially you folks in San Antonio.  And after it sits there for a day or two, spinning and dumping, it's supposed to slowly pull back out into the Gulf of Mexico where it will restrengthen, and then start heading east/northeast, in no great hurry.  A lot can happen to change that forecast, but right now it looks ugly.  Major test for Trump. (Good luck with that...) Poor New Orleans had some Army Corps of Engineers  levee pumps fail a couple weeks ago, and that city is still trying to dry out from the flooding.  Houston, Galveston, Corpus Christi, San Antonio, San Marcos, even Austin to get hit.  If you're in a low lying area, at least move your vehicles.

love4ffc

Hoping that everyone in the Texas area all are doing as best as they can under the circumstances.  Our thoughts are with you all. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Forever Fulham

Utter destruction of countless homes and businesses in the nation's 4th largest city.  Record breaking rainfall totals.  A city that's for the most part as flat as a pancake and barely above sea level.  Homes under water to the middle of their second floor windows.  The footage of the devastation is way beyond what Katrina did to New Orleans.   They are  now projecting rainfall  totals over 50" in parts of Houston.  Looks like San Antonio, San Marcos, and Austin got spared for the most part.  Hatter Don should be OK.  People are trying to save pets.  The mold and mildew that will follow...ugh... so hard to comprehend  all the drywall and insulation and carpeting and furniture ruined that will have to be removed and hauled away.  The damage to woodwork, molding, cabinets, and, and, and, well, the list goes on and on.   Flooded cars are ruined as a result.  We've seen plenty news video of the destruction wrought by tornadoes and hurricanes in the States before, but nothing to compare to this.  My daughter is a student at the university in San Marcos.  I had just bought her a car to get around.  But the insurance policy didn't cover flood damage.  Been sick with worry her car would get destroyed.  But, no, that city got spared.  Where's Texas White?  Haven't heard from him in a while...

Forever Fulham

Post script.   1 trillion gallons fell on Harris County (Houston) in four days, the equivalent of all the water that flows over Niagara Falls in two consecutive weeks.  My wife just called me from a Plano-area gas station, the 7th station at which she tried to fuel  her car.  Everyone out of gas.  At this last station, she saw two accidents and a fist fight, people frantic to get gas, cutting each other off, jumping queues, cursing.  She sat in line for 45 minutes and managed to move 10 feet, finally left and went home with the needle on "E".  How quickly people panic and revert to the worst kind of behaviour.   

love4ffc

Quote from: Forever Fulham on August 31, 2017, 08:31:50 PM
Post script.   1 trillion gallons fell on Harris County (Houston) in four days, the equivalent of all the water that flows over Niagara Falls in two consecutive weeks.  My wife just called me from a Plano-area gas station, the 7th station at which she tried to fuel  her car.  Everyone out of gas.  At this last station, she saw two accidents and a fist fight, people frantic to get gas, cutting each other off, jumping queues, cursing.  She sat in line for 45 minutes and managed to move 10 feet, finally left and went home with the needle on "E".  How quickly people panic and revert to the worst kind of behaviour.   
Stay strong sir.  Hopefully the response to Texas and other hit areas will be strong and things get back to somewhat normal fast. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Lyle from Hangeland

I survived. First floor of my apartment building flooded in the Heights. Took a neighbor and her cats in for a bit. All is well though.