Author Topic: The US Men's Team is crap  (Read 1698 times)

Offline love4ffc

• Global Moderator
  • cebu
  • Ambiguity doesn't mean the end....COYW!!
Re: The US Men's Team is crap
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 02:59:22 PM »
I never thought I would say this when Klinsy was appointed, but I think Bradley and Arena had better knowledge on attacking, defending, and adapting a style to the players strengths and weaknesses.

Would completely agree. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Offline YankeeJim

• cebu
  • Mr Khan listens to my advise on the coming season.
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 05:37:21 PM »
I have never been a fan of Jermaine Jones. Last night was a prime example. The US midfield was overrun. Jones and Bradley detract from one another. They end of playing very deep so there is no continuity between the back four and the attack. If it hadn't of been for Pulisic, I doubt  that the US would have had a shot, much less gotten a result. Ream played as if he was at the Cottage. Overall, not too bad but with one glaring mistake. Altidore was not the striker for this match. His strength and hold of play was  not effective against Panama. For you Brits, Panama, while a Spanish speaking country, is populated by  descendants of Africa, not Latins. They are big, strong and athletic.
Still, given that we were on the road in CONCACAF with that entails and with six potential starters out with injury, I'll take the point.

Arena, PLEEZE, drop Jones for good.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
 Its that I did and others didn't.

Offline love4ffc

• Global Moderator
  • cebu
  • Ambiguity doesn't mean the end....COYW!!
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 08:52:49 PM »
I agree about Jones.  Not the  best partner for Bradley.  They really need a newer younger guy to take Jones place.  Could drop Hyndman in there and it would be a better midfield. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Offline YankeeJim

• cebu
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2017, 11:08:45 PM »
I agree about Jones.  Not the  best partner for Bradley.  They really need a newer younger guy to take Jones place.  Could drop Hyndman in there and it would be a better midfield.

:plus one:

Offline SoCalJoe

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2017, 03:06:33 AM »
I agree it's time for Jones to sit, but give the man some credit, he was our best outfield player in Brazil. I wouldn't be upset if Bradley was dropped as well, he's been dreadful the second the ink dried on that contract from Toronto.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

Offline YankeeJim

• cebu
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2017, 01:23:18 AM »
After the T&T match, I've come to the conclusion that this is a team in transition. Some of the new guys look pretty good. Are they ready?  It goes without saying that Pulisic is a fantastic find. He has good pace, very good ball control and a nose for goal. Add in what I simply call quickness, by which I mean that extra gear either from a run or in acceleration and the ability to take a strong challenge and I think he is the real deal. The back line has good pace on the outside (Yedlin and Villafana). While neither strikes fear in opposing attackers, they both get forward well. Cameron and Brooks will be our starting CB's in Russia. Bradley looked better without Jermaine Jones mucking things up. The jury is still out on Nagbe but I think he will be Jones replacement. This wasn't Fabian Johnson's best night but he'll start in Russia. The strikers......Deuce simply looked old and Altidore (why is your lead striker hitting thru balls at the center circle? Shouldn't he be receiving them?) has some pluses but he just isn't good enough at this level. The team seemed to wake up when Dempsey went off. I'm not familiar with his replacement (Acosta) but he did look lively. Bobby Wood came on late and ran a tired defense ragged. I'd like to see him get the start Sunday at Azteca. Dempsey can come on as a late sub. If the match is still close he'd likely make a difference.

We'll see what happens at 7200 feet above sea level with Beijing style smog come Sunday. Given that, in its history, Mexico has lost only twice in a meaningful match at that venue, I'm not too optimistic.