watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Wolves

Started by terryr, December 04, 2016, 08:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Believe it or not they are already looking forward to next Saturday having beaten QPR 2-1 on Thursday ( I guess they have gone into football withdrawal over the weekend)
I will try an update over the week but will be in China and then OZ so my future holds ungodly jet-lag.

FULHAM BUILD UP

Stearman misses this one as he can't play against his parent club. Still no updates on John, Graham, Mason, Oniangue et al so have to assume they're still unavailable.
This is what I'd go with
Lonergan
Iorfa Batth Hause Silvio
Price Saiss
Costa Edwards Cavaleiro

Dicko

Subs: Flatt, Bodvarsson, Enobakhare, Teixeira, Doherty, Saville, Coady
I wonder what kind of reception Kevin McDonald will get on his return?"

" Stearman can't play next week under the terms of his loan."

" How stupid are Fulham?"

"No problem with your team Lycan, but I am fairly sure that Doherty will start. And is Ikeme definitely out?"

"  I'd love to play Silvio for the swoon factor alone but it appears we might as well forget him.

Lonergan

Iorfa
Batth
Hause
Mr Gloves
Saiss
Edwards
Price
Costa
Dicko
Cavaleiro
Subs: Flatt, Simpson, Coady, Herc, Ronan, Teixeira, Bodvarsson"

"I'd like to see:

Lonergan

Iorfa - Batth - Hause - Silvio

Saiss

Costa - Tex - Edwards - Cav

Dicko"

" Emulating Fulham's tactics from when we beat them in January there Bear.
That midfield offers less resistance than Vichy France."

" Does anyone know when Evans is back? I'd love to see him as part of a midfield 3 with Saiss and Prince (or Dave if we must)."

" Rob said pre-Blackburn he was back after the international break. Since then, not a word.
It annoys me, just tell me who's injured and who isn't."

" I think Ikeme will be fit from what he said on Twitter, with that in mind this would be my team.

.................Ikeme...................
Iorfa.....Batth.....Hause.....Silvio.
.................Saiss.....................
.........Edwards......Price............
Costa.........Dicko...........Cav.....

I also wouldn't mind Bod up top now we have 2 wingers or even Dicko playing no 10 with Bod up top if we play Saiss and Price/Coady deeper but then Edwards isn't getting dropped any time soon."

" He's just scored a Hat trick now with the U23's".

" Fair play to the lad.

Keeps that up and he will become the saviour that never plays (that's the rules when you score in the Under's. Also known as doing a Dena Rosa)"

"It will almost certainly be the same team as QPR assuming everyone is fit, I really don't understand the clamour for Evans, he was good in Div 1 and first few games when we came back up but since then I've not seen him have one good game, I know he had a good spell on loan and would love him to come in and prove me wrong but from the times I've seen him he has the pace and mobility of Doherty, can't tackle and has poor positional awareness, yes he can hit some excellent passes but overall just isn't good enough for this league."

"Price for Coady and Hause for Stearman are the changes I expect from Thursday. Hopefully they can take some confidence from finally winning a game and put on an improved performance. My worry is that we're still reliant on getting the ball to Costa and hoping he does something magic rather than any actual style/pattern of play."

"  People debating who should be playing next to Saiss aren't realising in the 433 that we deployed the other night you only have one holding player, with two box-to-box in front of him. Coady therefore plays ahead of Price because of that specific midfield role.
Unless you want to play a 4231 but then there's no way we have a good enough number 10 at the moment for where we are.
Stick with the current shape as it allows Costa and Cav slightly more attacking freedom and also has Saiss in his natural role, right in front of the back four."

" Having Coady and Edwards in the side means we have to go more direct. I think have Price and Tex means we could a more possession based approach. Whether our back line is capable is another question
I don't rate Prince at the moment"

" After Thursday I'm hoping now we've turned the corner and PL has found out a bit more re- the squad . We have to play the likes of Cav / Dicko /Saiss and certainly we looked a much better balanced side .
There's not a lot between most teams in this division as I've said before and if we can have a decent December ( there's some eminently winnable games ) there's no reason why with a few quality additions in the Window that we can't reach the top 6 .
I'm always a glass half full man in both my personal and business life but I genuinely believe we can do it .
Bring on the Cottagers !"

"Sorry to **** on your matches but absolutly no chance of this team getting into the play offs."

"Appreciate the optimism but we should focus on staying up first. We only just scraped past QPR who had 10 men and were 2-0 down with a minute left.
Let's see how the next game goes........ "

" err did anyone see Fulhams result today?
Absolutely terrifying"

" Reading had a cracking second half of the season a few years ago now. They won 17 out of 23 games in the second half of the season. 2011/12"

". Lets not forget a few things here. QPR played with 10 men for an hour of the game, are themselves a poor side and Wolves still made hard work of things. A better side than QPR, of which there are a few, would not have made things so easy. Agreed you can only play the team before you but even with Thursday starting 11 still feel at the very least 2 players are needed. If Graham and Williamson become available and soon then maybe things could improve before the transfer window opens but if not that Lambert needs to bring in what's needed and pronto."

" It's the optimism that's kills us Wolves fans. We're destined to fail - it's in the DNA. So we beat an average 10 man side; this should not hide the cracks. We are a poor side, esp defensively with no mf creativity. We will rely on 2 or 3 decent players to get us up the league. We need to be able to play and win at Molineux. If we go behind at home it's pretty much curtains. Saturday, in light of the weekend's results, looks grim Let's be realistic, 12th is about as good as it will get unfortunately."

" It won't be an easy game next weekend against Fulham, Fulham currently 4-0 up against ten men Reading. Burton currently 2-0 up at home to Rotherham, Wolves will drop a place if it stays the same."

" Fulham scoring for fun today, five goals against Reading. Burton also winning, finished 2-1."

" Win one game against poor opposition, we can make the play offs.
Lose one game against good opposition, sack Lambert.
How about some patience and realism, as it stands we clearly arent good enough to make the play-offs, but we won't go down. If we get 2-3 of genuine quality in January in key areas, maybe we can make a push. With this squad as it is? I'm sorry, but no chance. It's not about the manager, I still think we have an absolute gem who will get us promoted next season, but we have too much crap and there are sides I can think of off the top of my head that are definitely better than us.

Brighton, Newcastle, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Villa, Norwich, Fulham (7) and then arguably Huddersfield.

" Fulham scored a hatful against Reading today....."

" Fulham scored 5 against 10 man Reading. If we had scored 5 against QPR it wouldn't have flattered us."

" We are building and a mid table finish will be a decent return from all the disruption this season and where we were before scraping a win against QPR. Loving seeing some optimism back on here because it can be so powerful, and with those few key additions down the spine of the team then we are well capable of a run but it is all about next season for me and I'll be happy with us just not nervously looking over our shoulder at the depths of league one for now
We beat an in form Fulham at Molineux next weekend and I'll happily beat the drum a little louder but right now I just want to stop holding my breath"

" Football fans are a breed apart.

A week ago it was doom and gloom; we're going to get relegated, fosun will abandon Wolves, the players are all rubbish, the sky is falling and the end is nigh. The North Banks sucks, manager is hopeless, the fans are ****** and Edge is a homophobe
A week and scrappy win against the ten men of QPR later and now spirits are high and we are gunning for the play-offs :D
I am sure the truth of the matter lies somewhere inbetween those extremities
As for Me, I think I will take this season one game at a time :eek: Sure Its a closely packed table and a good run could push any team into the playoffs, like-wise a poor run and you're in trouble at the bottom, but lets keep perspective here.
Next mission is to get three points v Fulham."
I'll  update as and when

@jolslover

I've watched a lot of Wolves this season and I think where they are in the league doesn't reflect their squad.

On their day they can beat anyone however their defence is very poor. Arguably one of the worst in the leauge.

We should be winning this game however it will not be easy by any stretch. Our fullbacks will need to be on form as Wolves two wingers (Costa and Cavaleiro) cause defenders in this league all kinds of problems.
STH H3

terryr

The great firewall in China is making an update of this difficult to impossible. Yesterday FOF was completely blocked but today it is accessible though I can't get to the other boards to update.
Strange state of affairs as I didn't realize football fan forums represented a threat to the Chinese Communist Party!

OdecaMynoT

An insightful view of how a Wolves supporter sees their former hero.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

alexbishop

Have we missed a trick by not allowing Wolves to play Stearman?! ;'D
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

SP

Quote from: OdecaMynoT on December 07, 2016, 08:07:27 AM

Saw quite a lot of Stearman off the pitch & he seemed a really decent, commited  & genuine bloke.  Although this sort of personal criticism is the norm these days I don't like it.

win-dup

Love some of the remarks, just shows that supporters of ''lesser'' clubs like us and Wolves are all the same.
Mind you, as a child of the 1950's I remember some wonderful Wolves sides and I always think of them as a big club, no matter what league they're in.

SP

Was hoping someone'd recommend a decent gin bar near the ground.  049:gif

Whitesideup

Quote from: SP on December 07, 2016, 10:21:03 AM
Quote from: OdecaMynoT on December 07, 2016, 08:07:27 AM

Saw quite a lot of Stearman off the pitch & he seemed a really decent, commited  & genuine bloke.  Although this sort of personal criticism is the norm these days I don't like it.
Agreed. Heart in the right place. Decent bloke.

gang

Quote from: win-dup on December 07, 2016, 11:33:49 AM
Love some of the remarks, just shows that supporters of ''lesser'' clubs like us and Wolves are all the same.
Mind you, as a child of the 1950's I remember some wonderful Wolves sides and I always think of them as a big club, no matter what league they're in.

Agreed, 0-9 comes to mind 1959-60.

copthornemike

We have had a particulary poor record against Wolves in recent years - you could say they are one of our 'bogey teams.'

Still all such runs have to come to an end - let us hope we do this Saturday.

Barrett487

Talking of Stearman, just seen this on a thread

Rubberball said: ↑
And Stears can't play against his parent club so it's a left hand side of Hause and Doherty

But he can help by giving us ideas about their weaknesses (albeit, in defence, they may not have any now, as he is not playing for them!).