Mince n Tatties

Didn't want a fellow championship side.

Nero

just attack down there right flank should win it on penalties alone

Allestree andy

Sutton vs AFC Wimbledon that will be a cracker
To the limit and beyond

Allestree andy

Cardiff away, ok so what we can beat anyone in the championship on our day.
049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif
COYW 049:gif
To the limit and beyond

f321ffc

Quote from: Allestree andy on December 05, 2016, 07:27:28 PM
Best  game of the draw for me.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

love4ffc

Hopefully we'll take the match and cup serious and not find it a distraction from the league.  Would love to see Fulham make it to the next round. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

cmg

Quote from: f321ffc on December 05, 2016, 07:35:37 PM
Quote from: Allestree andy on December 05, 2016, 07:27:28 PM
Best  game of the draw for me.
And me.
The never to be forgotten 1963 Amateur Cup Final.
I think Wimbledon's last season as an 'amateur' club.
Sutton had a cracking side that year and the game was a beauty.
Trevor Bladon and Micky Goodall scored for Sutton but, despite looking the better side, they could not overcome big Eddie Reynold's four headed goals.
I think Malcolm Macdonald later equalled this then unique Wembley feat.
I've always sad that Reynold's task was made easier by the fact that the Sutton centre-half (Terry Price?) broke his nose early on.

Artful Dodger

Neither a 'glamour' tie against a top 10 premier league team nor a potentially easier tie against a lower league team. About a dull a cup draw as you can get really!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

St Eve

Horrible draw. I really dislike Cardiff

Holders

It's a real banana skin of a boring draw.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ffc73

First team regulars will undoubtably be rested after Christmas & New Year games

Looking forward to cheap match ticket & seeing u23 squad + bench warmers beating a Championship side and progressing to next round

fulhamfan

I never been to Cardiff before. Heard its a good night out though? Anyone on here been before and if so, what is it like?

filham

Quote from: Artful Dodger on December 05, 2016, 09:30:07 PM
Neither a 'glamour' tie against a top 10 premier league team nor a potentially easier tie against a lower league team. About a dull a cup draw as you can get really!

Yes, the sort of game where we can easily be knocked out of the cup with hardly a sole noticing it.

Ruiz11

Disappointing draw but Cardiff are in big trouble down at the bottom so will probably play even more of a reserve team than us, so it's a good chance for us to get to the next round at least.

The Rock

Seems like we have only lost and/or drawn to Cardiff  in recent years. They've been a bogey team for us. Not like Everton, but we never come away with a result it seems.

And it would only be Fulhamish to lose to a team struggling at the bottom of the table who needs a boost. 

SP

Quote from: Ruiz11 on December 06, 2016, 03:09:59 PM
Disappointing draw but Cardiff are in big trouble down at the bottom so will probably play even more of a reserve team than us, so it's a good chance for us to get to the next round at least.

Glad things aren't working out down there for Neil Warnock.

jarv

Fulhamross, I was in Cardiff once, the night Joe Jordans handball knocked Wales out of the world cup by Scotland. Sadly, the night Jock Stein died. Cardiff, pleasant night, all the Welsh fans made us welcome. Pubs were shut before the game but a few locals said to us to go with them, they knew of one open, nice lads. Decent pub and a good night, unless you were Welsh of course, Scotland 2-0. :008:

Keynsham

I've worked there quite recently and it is a good night out, especially down near Cardiff Bay.

The ground is a bit of a ballache from Central,  but if you're planning on staying over that shouldn't be an issue.