watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Looking to January:

Started by FPT, December 05, 2016, 10:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

I think we're all in acceptance about potential incomings, mostly on that new potential striker, but has anybody thought about any potential exits?

Both Ryan Tunnicliffe and Matt Smith have options to extend their contracts until the end of next season but I would have no qualms with both leaving the football club. Ryan Tunnicliffe is technically one of the poorer footballers I've seen at the football club, and would be in the top 5 since the turn of 2010 for sure; with a decent Championship reputation and still a strong age, we could get a few quid to help further improve us as a promotion chasing outfit, something of which he does not fill the bill for here. Matt Smith similarly, a decent Championship player but needs the right team and that is not under Slavisa. There's plenty of teams that would love a no.9 like Matt Smith, and while we search for a new striker, Smith's exit would help provide room and financial space to look that little bit higher.

Jesse Joronen was denied a loan exit after Marcus Bettinelli got injured early into the season, it'll be interesting to see which or potentially both of the keepers go out on loan with a back up coming in. On top of that, which young players leave the football club to go and play games.

Do we end up extending the loan deal of Lucas Piazon? How does the potential African Cup of Nations' exit of Neeskens Kebano affect recruitment plans? It's not like he's taking a serious spot in the squad at all but all it takes is one player to go down and the squad looks pretty bare.

Before we know it, Christmas will come and go and January will be here, so at the very least it's something to spitball about.

@jolslover

I think (assuming we extend Piazons loan) all we need is a pacey striker that wouldn't mind starting most games on the bench. I think a DM isnt a necessity (unless Tunnicliffe goes) but would be nice.

STH H3

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: @jolslover on December 06, 2016, 12:21:33 PM
I think (assuming we extend Piazons loan) all we need is a pacey striker that wouldn't mind starting most games on the bench. I think a DM isnt a necessity but would be nice.

Piazon out of contract at Chelsea in the summer so worth bidding now and making it perm?
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

filham

Don't underestimate the value of Tunni, an injury to McDonald and we need Tunni to provide the physical presence in front of the back four, sure we have Parker but he is not going to be able to play too many 90 minute games without a break.

@jolslover

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on December 06, 2016, 12:37:22 PM
I think (assuming we extend Piazons loan) all we need is a pacey striker that wouldn't mind starting most games on the bench. I think a DM isnt a necessity but would be nice.

Piazon out of contract at Chelsea in the summer so worth bidding now and making it perm?

Would be behind that.
STH H3

Supermitch

Quote from: FPT on December 05, 2016, 10:16:59 PM

Do we end up extending the loan deal of Lucas Piazon? How does the potential African Cup of Nations' exit of Neeskens Kebano affect recruitment plans? It's not like he's taking a serious spot in the squad at all but all it takes is one player to go down and the squad looks pretty bare.

Floyd Ayite will also be away for the ACN as Togo qualified

fulhamben

Quote from: Supermitch on December 06, 2016, 12:59:30 PM
Quote from: FPT on December 05, 2016, 10:16:59 PM

Floyd Ayite will also be away for the ACN as Togo qualified
Sess and Malone could both push up to left wing if need be. So I think he is covered also LVC will still be around to do a job if need be
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FPT

Quote from: filham on December 06, 2016, 12:53:26 PM
Don't underestimate the value of Tunni, an injury to McDonald and we need Tunni to provide the physical presence in front of the back four, sure we have Parker but he is not going to be able to play too many 90 minute games without a break.

I don't think Ryan Tunnicliffe is good enough for a top 6 side. We do need a McDonald alternative, but we need an improvement to Tunnicliffe. McDonald's our only 'quarterback,' swap him for Tunnicliffe and the ability to play from the back and retain possession is dramatically reduced.

More quality depth for that area would be much welcome: off the top of my head, players like Grant Leadbitter and Ben Watson have promotion experience from this division and are being unused by their current clubs. Watson in particular, was brought to Watford by Jokanovic and used frequently as they pushed to promotion.

fulhamben

Quote from: FPT on December 06, 2016, 02:28:17 PM
Quote from: filham on December 06, 2016, 12:53:26 PM

I don't think Ryan Tunnicliffe is good enough for a top 6 side. We do need a McDonald alternative, but we need an improvement to Tunnicliffe. McDonald's our only 'quarterback,' swap him for Tunnicliffe and the ability to play from the back and retain possession is dramatically reduced.

More quality depth for that area would be much welcome: off the top of my head, players like Grant Leadbitter and Ben Watson have promotion experience from this division and are being unused by their current clubs. Watson in particular, was brought to Watford by Jokanovic and used frequently as they pushed to promotion.
I see Tunni as more of a Johanssen replacement than Mcdonald. Box to Box as opposed to dm
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Statto on December 06, 2016, 03:23:44 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on December 06, 2016, 12:58:38 PM
Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on December 06, 2016, 12:37:22 PM

Would be behind that.

+1

Piazon's contract at Chelsea expires in June 2018. We should extend his loan till the end of the season and then make a bid for both him and Kalas in the summer, when they will have just one year left on their contracts.

St. Andrews White

A name that's not been mentioned for a while is Bolton's Zach clough. Would love for him to come in as a pacy striker
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

@jolslover

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 07, 2016, 08:27:59 PM
I would keep Ryan Tunnicliffe, he will no doubt come in handy over the coming months. Especially when the going gets tough, as no doubt it will. He Is more valuable to Fulham than the likes of Jozabed, who doesn't speak English, doesn't punch his weight, or can ride a tackle, nowhere near physical enough for English football, appears homesick and disinterested. So far a waste of money. A classic example of not to Sign a player on statistics, especially from abroad.

ahaha Jozabed is 5 times the player Tunnicliffe is. Glad the days are behind us when we sign players like him who 'Try hard'.

Players like Him, Pringle, Guthrie, Stearman. Look where they got us. Look where we are now with the stats based signings. 
STH H3

J

Smith and Tunni - not the end of the world if either leave. Definitely be open to offers for them, but this is a long season and we shouldn't underestimate the importance of having enough squad players who can "do a job" when injuries or suspensions happen.

I'd rather keep Smith and send Woodrow out on loan (assuming we get another striker in Jan) than have Woodrow sat on the bench each week. I doubt Smith is on big money and seems like a good lad so no harm in keeping him around.

Getting a striker in is a bit tricky though as to who / what the player profile is. Martin is doing a better job than some people like to give credit, and Jok has been quoted saying he wants us to sign him permanently - so assuming he will remain the main striker we have to sell the idea of coming in and spending a lot of time on the bench. Therefore we are probably looking at someone young and untested, or someone old who would be a short term solution (Defoe isn't going to happen).

Also for the keepers - it doesn't look like Joronen or Bettinelli are getting a look in so I would favour getting another keeper in (older / experienced) to sit on the bench and send both out on loan.

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on December 07, 2016, 10:33:29 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on December 07, 2016, 09:07:04 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 07, 2016, 08:27:59 PM
I would keep Ryan Tunnicliffe, he will no doubt come in handy over the coming months. Especially when the going gets tough, as no doubt it will. He Is more valuable to Fulham than the likes of Jozabed, who doesn't speak English, doesn't punch his weight, or can ride a tackle, nowhere near physical enough for English football, appears homesick and disinterested. So far a waste of money. A classic example of not to Sign a player on statistics, especially from abroad.

ahaha Jozabed is 5 times the player Tunnicliffe is. Glad the days are behind us when we sign players like him who 'Try hard'.

Players like Him, Pringle, Guthrie, Stearman. Look where they got us. Look where we are now with the stats based signings. 

Without wanting to take this thread off on a tangent, we don't know which of the signings from last season (Kline was here then) or this season were "stats-based". I'm inclined to think it's most likely to have been the more obscure signings like Mattila, Jozabed and Kebano, most of whom have have either left the club or been turning out in the u23s league. I'm also inclined to attribute most of our success this season to the manager rather than the players.

Same manager was in place last year since January,so can't solely say its down to the manager. You cant just say all signings that haven't done well were stats based. I think Mattila was before stats came in. Michael Madl is the only *confirmed* stats based signing and hes done well
STH H3

colinwhite

If they are stats based or not who gives adamn? As long as they perform , and the fact remains that only sixteen player s are involved in each game . Jozabed ,Kebano and others may yet prove impotrtant players for us. Whoever was responsible for the summer signings did a great job as far as Im concerned . Joka has done an excellent job but the players brought in have also  been a HUGE improvement on what we had last year. Well done the club for getting things right and please get us another good striker in january to compete with Martin and provide an alternative which we dont have at the moment.

BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

I think we should extend Piazons loan spell and come the summer try if possible to sign both permanently, if not sign Kalas. He's quality and he wont make Chelseas side as Conte is rumored to be after another CB and also Christensen is returning for them.

Another striker if possible, maybe a pacey winger on loan to cover for Kebano and Ayite. But not sure we need too much more to be honest.

Get Tom Cairney on a new deal!!! For me thats the priority. We wont go down this season, nor do i expect us to be in a scrap. But hes vital to us getting promoted and for me hes worth paying fairly big wages to!

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 07, 2016, 09:31:31 PM
There is none so blind as those that cannot see.

What about in a blind team