News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We're third in the table on games drawn.

Started by General, December 06, 2016, 06:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

So I was looking through the championship table that skysports have - it's interactive and was trying to place us as a team and where our strengths and weaknesses may be in terms of our game stats league wise.

It seems that the one thing which has been our biggest undoing is the amount of games we've drawn this season...

With 7, we have the joint third highest number of games ended in a draw.

We'd be 22nd out of 24 teams on this stat...

We're 14th best out of 24 teams when it comes to wins but joint 4th (or sixth at worst) best team in league based on losses, losing 5.

I wonder if there is any psychology behind the ability to not lose, but the comfortability behind being satisfied with a draw?

We seem to always dominate opposition teams, our players, other teams and their managers have all commented on it... and yes - it can be down simply to a lack of clinical finishing but there must be something else to it? What do you think is the core reason? Finishing, as we've seen at Barnsley/Huddersfield and Reading is a mental thing... do you think our team are overconfident?

filham

Lots of draws would support the fact that the defence is working better but that the attack is failing to break down those teams that do not play an open attacking game but simply put up the shutters.

The Rock

Depends on the team. I remember when Roy would set us up "not to lose". I think it's a sign with SJ of where our "fair value" at the moment is. We're a decent top half of the table side losing less, but not Top 6.

MJG

Looking back over games is that we overplayed the ball or just didn't create and take enough clear cut chances.

YankeeJim

A good team has a bad day and turns a loss into a draw and perhaps a draw into a win. We are a dramatically better team than recent years, to say nothing of being much more entertaining. This is the beginning of an era. We'll be promoted next season with a strong possibility of staying up. Life is good!
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Burt

More importantly we're creeping up the current form table... We've reached the dizzy heights of 7th now for the last 6 matches.