https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Can I be the first, from Twitter. 049:gif

TFS Fulham‏ @TFS_Fulham
Croatian Media link Nicholas Llanos from Hajduk Split with move to Fulham.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

snarks

f321ffc

Another one from Twitter.
Tomáš Koubek, Czech goalkeeper from Sparta Prague, was at the game today.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

@jolslover

I still think all we NEED is a pacey back up striker, Anything other than that is a bonus.
I suspect we will get more than just a pacey back up striker, but that is the minimum im expecting.
Also an extension of Piazons loan is needed.
STH H3

Friendsoffulham

Yes Guys and Girls, its back, by popular demand, and a little earlier than normal, due to the hectic Christmas period. We expect a bit of activity this January, with maybe a few more additions, but also a few leaving the Club. Also, will Slavisa be offered that all important contract extension?

As before, any Transfer News connected to the Super Whites, please post in here, remembering it is the silly period, but also a bit of fun.

Hoppus

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on December 18, 2016, 12:18:28 PM

In October 2016, his club ordered him to train with their women's team for stating "women belong at the stove" in reaction to a decision against him by a female assistant referee, Lucie Ratajova.

:-/

snarks

Actually really liked the way Piazon, Aluko and Ayetie played as a front 3 yesterday. Humpries didn't look out of place in his 10 minutes, extending Piazon would be good though.

Twig

Quote from: Statto on December 18, 2016, 10:55:40 AM
What are our targets? My thoughts:

#1 priority - striker

#2 priority - goalkeeper

#3 priority - centre back

regarding the last one, i'm going to completely contradict some of my recent posts and say sig looked poor yesterday. one way or another something needs to change at the back because we're nowhere near solid enough. plus there's the risk of kalas getting injured (which he may have already) and in any case, if he's leaving at the end of the season i'd rather start integrating his replacement in the second half of this season. one thing i don't want is to miss out on promotion this season and then mess up next season by starting with an incomplete team again.

My thoughts exactly.  Certainly hope Kalas stays but either way we need someone of similar quality to partner him. 

Mince n Tatties

Summer target Jason Cummings scored for Hibs again yesterday.

sunburywhite

I just asked him on Twitter if he is joining Fulham in January
Lets see if he answers
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Mince n Tatties

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 18, 2016, 03:25:13 PM
Who have you asked?
Are you going to start a "We need a Striker" thread this window??
I always enjoy one of those :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Twig

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on December 18, 2016, 03:54:50 PM
Who have you asked?

Given we only have Smith, Woodrow and Humphries on our books I would say we need to sign two strikers.

Riversider

Newcastle have got two players in their massive squad that are currently not getting a game that I think would do a job for us,
Firstly, striker Daryl Murphy, signed from Ipswich in the summer , could come in and do a similar job to the one that Glenn Murray is doing for Brighton,
Secondly, Grant Hanley, a man mountain of a centre half, big strong no nonsense type of commanding player, just what we need,

Leave Martin as he is on loan until the summer and use the money to buy those two instead, instantly were stronger.

@jolslover

Quote from: Riversider on December 18, 2016, 04:23:11 PM
Newcastle have got two players in their massive squad that are currently not getting a game that I think would do a job for us,
Firstly, striker Daryl Murphy, signed from Ipswich in the summer , could come in and do a similar job to the one that Glenn Murray is doing for Brighton,
Secondly, Grant Hanley, a man mountain of a centre half, big strong no nonsense type of commanding player, just what we need,

Leave Martin as he is on loan until the summer and use the money to buy those two instead, instantly were stronger.

I feel to play the way were playing we need CBs that are technically strong and capable of playing it out the back, Hanley isnt one of them. Also do not rate Daryl Murphy. Had 1 good season ever, there are better strikers out there.
STH H3

bill taylors apprentice

Many people ( or a few keep repeating it) say a pacy forward is a priority !

Pace is important but personally, I think we have enough pace now, whats needed is someone who's cooler in front of goal and can convert a bigger percentage of all the chances we are making.

Also agree, a better keeper and a CB as good as Kalas would round things off nicely.

EJL

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on December 18, 2016, 05:56:06 PM
Many people ( or a few keep repeating it) say a pacy forward is a priority !

Pace is important but personally, I think we have enough pace now, whats needed is someone who's cooler in front of goal and can convert a bigger percentage of all the chances we are making.

Also agree, a better keeper and a CB as good as Kalas would round things off nicely.

Could be making a wrong inference here, but you're saying that like Martin gets buckets of chances. My impression is that the majority of goal scoring opportunities don't fall to him, but if they did we'd be in a much better position.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on December 18, 2016, 03:54:50 PM
Who have you asked?

Yes I suppose we could,got it right with Martin.

YankeeJim

We have dropped more points because of the back four than we have we the attack. Our center backs are OK, just OK. We need a commanding presence on dead balls and some muscle to make any striker think twice before he charges the box. Just enough, mind you, to make them hesitate, not draw a penalty. LOL The fullbacks can play it out of the back.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.