more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberty

Quote from: westcliff white on January 24, 2017, 07:42:03 AM
HITC reporting 8 clubs now interested in Ross, those being Sunderland, Burnley, Brighton, Derby, Wolves, Norwich, Sheff Wed and ourselves.

This looks like a leak by Villa's PR department in a desperate effort to drum up some interest in him. We did the same to them when we bumped up his price by making it known that Norwich were also interested in signing him

Sadly for Villa, Ross has the whip hand this time round and he can choose exactly where he wants to go just as Peter Crouch did when Roy wanted to sign him from Portsmouth and he insisted on going to Spurs for a lower fee 

Nice try
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Mince n Tatties

Maybe we're waiting for deadline day so we can spend 7million again on 2 players who don't feature for us.. :023:

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Twig on January 24, 2017, 07:35:35 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 23, 2017, 04:24:03 PM
Quote from: Yonderwhite on January 23, 2017, 04:07:46 PM
Jeez I'm bored, we're not even being linked with anyone bar Mccormack anymore...
Anyone wanna make some rumours? See if the Daily Mail will pick them up...

I had a bar of Caramac hidden in Kitchen drawer,its gone.
Rumour is my missus has half inched it.

Does Caramac still exist or was this an obsolete bar from c. 1990?

You can still get Caramac at certain shops.

AlexW132

To be honest I wouldn't mind us signing Ross purely for the fact that it means we'll have actually signed someone I'm that desperate

Twig

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 24, 2017, 08:55:00 AM
Jeez I'm bored, we're not even being linked with anyone bar Mccormack anymore...

I guess you have to be "in teh know"? Nudge. nudge, nods as a good as a wink squire,,,,,,,,,,,

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Twig on January 24, 2017, 09:40:50 AM

I guess you have to be "in teh know"? Nudge. nudge, nods as a good as a wink squire,,,,,,,,,,,
I have the wife out spending her days searching for things like this.
Still can't get a packet of Old English Spangles..lol

Holders

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 24, 2017, 09:47:01 AM

What about Jubblies?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Twig

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 24, 2017, 09:47:01 AM

I seem to remember a chocolate bar from Frys (I think) called Five Boys that I used to like.  My big complaint is that confectionery bars have shrunk to the size of just one mouthful these days - bloody rip off!  Even the old Cadbury large fruit and nut bar (a Sunday favorite) has shrunk into a puny 230g little thing.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Mince n Tatties

Caramac bar is 79p for about a mouthful the size of it..16 shillings in old dosh for a choc bar madness.

Mince n Tatties

Think we better stop this as we will be getting into hot water as this is the official transfer rumours page..
But there aren't any rumours Governor.

f321ffc

Come on I know it's slow transfer wise but let's try and keep it about rumours and not bloody confectionary. 096.gig
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: f321ffc on January 24, 2017, 10:02:38 AM
Come on I know it's slow transfer wise but let's try and keep it about rumours and not bloody confectionary. 096.gig
Read my post above..lol

westcliff white

Your right Mince rumours have dried up, and for the record can someone look out for a Texan bar (used to love those).

but enough of the chocolate and sweet based puns please.
Every day is a Fulham day

Twig

Quote from: f321ffc on January 24, 2017, 10:02:38 AM

Don't be such a smarty.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Statto on January 24, 2017, 08:30:18 AM
If the Cisse gossip is true this is exactly the kind of thing that winds me up.

Make an approach, they ask for £2.5m so we offer £2m. They reject that so we offer £2.2m. Now that's rejected too. We'll probably get him on deadline day for £2.3m and congratulate ourselves on shaving £200k off the price. Meanwhile 3 league games will have gone by.

Cisse's probably not the best example because McDonald and johansen have played well in his position. But if our negotiators are busy with this silliness, outgoing transfers (Jozabed, Tunnicliffe) and rectifying the mistakes they made with Martin in the summer (none of this with McLaren would have happened if it had been a perm move) you can see why we're not signing anyone.

I can't help thinking we have people who operate exactly like this, because my perception is we either prevaricate too long or panic buy at closing time.

One of the benefits (if you can call it that) of having a "transfer window" surely is that it gives you time to line up your targets and be ready to do business when it opens ?

And yes I know there are many pieces of a transfer that have to be taken into account before a signature is obtained and its a tricky business.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Twig on January 24, 2017, 07:37:21 AM
Does anyone think Joka would walk if we don't manage any decent signings during this window?

I am sure he would be seriously pe'ed off but it takes a lot to induce a manager to walk away.  I'd put money on him seeing the season out but refusing to sign a new contract.

Jokanovic was quoted as saying he expected two or three signings shortly so why the negative speculation?

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Statto on January 24, 2017, 08:30:18 AM
If the Cisse gossip is true this is exactly the kind of thing that winds me up.

Make an approach, they ask for £2.5m so we offer £2m. They reject that so we offer £2.2m. Now that's rejected too. We'll probably get him on deadline day for £2.3m and congratulate ourselves on shaving £200k off the price. Meanwhile 3 league games will have gone by.

Cisse's probably not the best example because McDonald and johansen have played well in his position. But if our negotiators are busy with this silliness, outgoing transfers (Jozabed, Tunnicliffe) and rectifying the mistakes they made with Martin in the summer (none of this with McLaren would have happened if it had been a perm move) you can see why we're not signing anyone.

If it is true?

But we know that 90% of the gossip is untrue. Why wind yourself up in this way?

Stay calm and carry on.

Jamie88

Looks like Humphrys is on his way to Shrewsbury on loan - surely with our striking options we must have sssomething lined up? surely?!

Added to that the rumour that Woodrow may be going on loan to Southend

bobby01

Listen to sky transfer centre, only Sheffield wed and derby being linked with mccontract now.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.