1) Martin permanent deal
2) Piazon extended loan
3) Forward on Loan

filham

Quote from: Twig on December 18, 2016, 04:05:37 PM
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on December 18, 2016, 03:54:50 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 18, 2016, 03:25:13 PM
Who have you asked?
Are you going to start a "We need a Striker" thread this window??
I always enjoy one of those :)

Given we only have Smith, Woodrow and Humphries on our books I would say we need to sign two strikers.
But we are only playing one up top, so with two new strikers we will have one playing, one on the bench and three taking valuable prime seats in the stand. Extravagant isn't it.

colinwhite

My christmas wishes .
1. Give Slavisa along term contract
2.sign  martin and Piazon on permanents
3. New striker who offers us someyhing different and competes for the spot.
4. New CB.

filham

We have been in need of a couple of commanding central defenders since Hangeland and  Hughesleft.
Really thought we had cracked it in the Summer with the signings of Madle, Kallas and Sigurdsson.

Sigurdsson , £4m Iceland international, wanted by other clubs but now we are saying he is not up to the job. What has gone wrong and how can we get it right next time.

FPT

Here's a question: Where do you think we'd be in the table if we had David Stockdale in goal and Lewis Dunk partnering Tomas Kalas?

A reliable and very good goalkeeper at this level, and Dunk a real elite central defender in the division - Dunk's qualities and physical attributes would make him a perfect partner for Kalas as well. Of course all is hypothetical but I would be very confident of our position with those two.

*Side note: This isn't me suggesting we sign them both.*

filham

Quote from: FPT on December 19, 2016, 10:29:20 AM
Here's a question: Where do you think we'd be in the table if we had David Stockdale in goal and Lewis Dunk partnering Tomas Kalas?

A reliable and very good goalkeeper at this level, and Dunk a real elite central defender in the division - Dunk's qualities and physical attributes would make him a perfect partner for Kalas as well. Of course all is hypothetical but I would be very confident of our position with those two.

*Side note: This isn't me suggesting we sign them both.*

To think of Dunk and  Stockdale in our present team is mouthwatering, we would surely be top six.

There you have the answer, we need players with proven Championship experience in those positions, no good buying overseas players needing time to settle in this coming window.

@jolslover

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 19, 2016, 08:05:48 AM
Quote from: Riversider on December 18, 2016, 04:23:11 PM
Newcastle have got two players in their massive squad that are currently not getting a game that I think would do a job for us,
Firstly, striker Daryl Murphy, signed from Ipswich in the summer , could come in and do a similar job to the one that Glenn Murray is doing for Brighton,
Secondly, Grant Hanley, a man mountain of a centre half, big strong no nonsense type of commanding player, just what we need,

Leave Martin as he is on loan until the summer and use the money to buy those two instead, instantly were stronger.

I would also go for Grant Hanley and Daryl Murphy. Hanley a big uncompromising unit that has bags of experience in the English League, and won't need time to settle in as opposed to an overseas player coming in. He will handle cold winter nights up at Burton Albion better than the average man, and he knows how to eat dirt. Harry Maguire is another centre back I rate that could be made available.
Some of the same for Daryl Murphy who needs a change of scenary to kick start his campaign again. Knows where the goal is, and we could do and have done far worse than recruit these particular players. Unless Jok has a cunning plan to snatch Jermain Defoe and Robert Huth from their particular clubs.

Dan Burn, Richard Stearman and Shaun Hutchinson, all big units with bags of experience in the English league and know how to 'eat dirt' look where we were with those players in the team. We need more than that from a CB, especially given how we play now. I suspect when looking at a CB one of the first things Slavisa will consider is how comfortable they are on the ball, and im glad he will do this.
STH H3

f321ffc

Fulham are poised to launch an audacious bid to pip Birmingham to the permanent signing of Burnley striker Lucas Jutkiewicz, according to the Daily Mirror.

Jutkiewicz has scored six goals in seventeen appearances during a successful loan spell at St. Andrew's and the 6ft 1in forward had talked positively about the prospect of making his move from Turf Moor permanent in the new year. But that was before the abrupt sacking of popular manager Gary Rowett shocked the Blues squad, something which Jutkiewicz revealed in an interview with the Birmingham Mail over the weekend.

New Birmingham boss Gianfranco Zola remains keen on signing Jutkiewicz on a full-time basis when the transfer window reopens, but he may have competition from several Championship rivals. One of those will be Fulham, who are keen to supplement Slavisa Jokanovic's striking options in January, as he currently has only on-loan Chris Martin, Matt Smith, Cauley Woodrow and in-form youth team forward Stevie Humphrys to select from.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

@jolslover

Quote from: f321ffc on December 19, 2016, 12:15:35 PM
Fulham are poised to launch an audacious bid to pip Birmingham to the permanent signing of Burnley striker Lucas Jutkiewicz, according to the Daily Mirror.

Jutkiewicz has scored six goals in seventeen appearances during a successful loan spell at St. Andrew's and the 6ft 1in forward had talked positively about the prospect of making his move from Turf Moor permanent in the new year. But that was before the abrupt sacking of popular manager Gary Rowett shocked the Blues squad, something which Jutkiewicz revealed in an interview with the Birmingham Mail over the weekend.

New Birmingham boss Gianfranco Zola remains keen on signing Jutkiewicz on a full-time basis when the transfer window reopens, but he may have competition from several Championship rivals. One of those will be Fulham, who are keen to supplement Slavisa Jokanovic's striking options in January, as he currently has only on-loan Chris Martin, Matt Smith, Cauley Woodrow and in-form youth team forward Stevie Humphrys to select from.

Not sure hes what we need, He is very similar to Martin and Smith.
STH H3

f321ffc

Transfer Centre Live‏ @TransferCentreL
Wolves and Fulham are both interested in signing Blackburn Rovers winger Ben Marshall, who is out of contract in the summer.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

@jolslover

Quote from: f321ffc on December 19, 2016, 01:15:40 PM

Wolves and Fulham are both interested in signing Blackburn Rovers winger Ben Marshall, who is out of contract in the summer.

Would spend the money elsewhere, Think wingers is the last area we need to strengthen. With Ayite Aluko Piazon and Kebano we have great depth, and thats without mentioning LVC.
STH H3

St. Andrews White

Given AFCON is coming up I'd definitely take Marshall for £1m, I think he'd be excellent cover on the wings where we'll be light come February
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on December 19, 2016, 01:27:40 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on December 19, 2016, 01:20:51 PM

Would spend the money elsewhere, Think wingers is the last area we need to strengthen. With Ayite Aluko Piazon and Kebano we have great depth, and thats without mentioning LVC.

But LVC isn't a winger and Kebano doesn't look any good. If Paizon leaves then we've only two wingers, Ayite and Aluko, with no decent back up for either. Piazon is officially supposed to be going back to Chelsea and Ayite to AFCON. We should certainly go for Marshall if he's available IMO. We were apparently quoted £2m in the summer, 6 months later the cost is likely to be only £1m now and given Balckburn's position he'll be even more motivated to leave

I would be surprised if he was available for 1mill but I'd have him for that yes.
STH H3

HatterDon

here's my prediction for January:

1. there will be dozens of almost identical threads all dealing with the transfer period

2. names will pop up as the result of 11 year olds with Twitter accounts

3. each time some "attractive" name pops up, it will engender comments negative to the board and the owner

4. in the end, there will be around 10 players mooted on the site who won't be signed by us ... gloom and doom will ensue

5. if we sign players, the chances are good that they will be players that nobody saw coming ... moaning about lack of ambition and competence will ensue

6. The team will continue to play attractive, attacking football with players old and new.

"I could be wrong now / but I don't think so / it's a jungle out there"
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jem

Quote from: HatterDon on December 19, 2016, 03:18:02 PM

1. there will be dozens of almost identical threads all dealing with the transfer period

3. each time some "attractive" name pops up, it will engender comments negative to the board and the owner

4. in the end, there will be around 10 players mooted on the site who won't be signed by us ... gloom and doom will ensue

5. if we sign players, the chances are good that they will be players that nobody saw coming ... moaning about lack of ambition and competence will ensue

6. The team will continue to play attractive, attacking football with players old and new.

You've done this before, haven't you?
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Steven Ageroad

I'm su
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 19, 2016, 03:01:45 PM

Ben Marshall would be a good addition, and will most certainly enhance the teams prospects for a top six place. If the price is right then he is most certainly worth signing.

I'm sure Cairney would put a good word in for us, plus the attraction of London as opposed to Wolverhampton.

YankeeJim

Quote from: HatterDon on December 19, 2016, 03:18:02 PM

It will be Khan's fault for sure.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

f321ffc

Alex Harris‏ @Alex_Harris1991

Fulham are in the race to sign Grimsby striker Omar Bogle, according to The

MBS Sport‏ @MBS_Sport
Cardiff City linked with a January move for Fulham keeper, Marcus Bettinelli. #CCFC #FFC

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2437308/cardiff-city-news-marcus-bettinelli-fulham-neil-warnock/
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Fulham Tup North

Got to fancy SMITH to moves on in Jan.  Why would he stay??
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

FPT

I like the links to Ben Marshall, been a fan of his for a while. Can play either wing and has played right back for an extended spell recently for Blackburn which is all nice cover (I know we have both Fredericks and Odoi but in any case we may want to go to three at the back - it's a more offensive focused and more knowledgeable player going forward at wing back).

Just spitballing ideas; I would have no qualms with James Tarkowski. We were linked in Kit's one and only summer, I think as an alternative to Lewis Dunk and we ended up with both Tim Ream and Richard Stearman. He has since moved to Burnley but not frequently used (little over 100 minutes for them this season). He's left footed, good on the ball and would make a nice partner for Tomas Kalas both in and out of possession. I did hear inklings of wanting to be closer to home when he moved to Brentford in the winter window last year, plus Burnley may wish to keep him as a ready made replacement for Michael Keane seeing the rumours swirling around in that case.

Marcus Bettinelli to Cardiff is interesting. Story says he'd go to be their number on loan which is good news for him and his development.

Omar Bogle is an odd one, scoring lower down but always the question if he can score after jumping up two divisions. It is reminiscent of Andre Gray going to Brentford, Gray was the same age as Bogle is now when he moved to Brentford and that was without any Football League experience. At least Bogle has bagged 16 in 18 matches at League Two level. Martin will be our number one striker, but I do like getting in someone like Bogle who will develop training at this level alone and will provide a different exciting option to Chris Martin.