watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jesus, Macdonald

Started by MaidenheadMick, January 21, 2017, 12:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaidenheadMick

Cost us the penalty against Brighton by mucking about, now again today. Just clear the bloody thing

bill taylors apprentice

Bill2

Sloppy mistake which cost us the goal, but still plays a good game. I am sure he will learn from this.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Bill2 on January 21, 2017, 05:54:34 PM
Sloppy mistake which cost us the goal, but still plays a good game. I am sure he will learn from this.

Not sure, the team are coached to play like that from defense
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

f321ffc

When I saw the thread title I thought it was the name of the half Spanish half Scottish striker we are after. fp.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

fulhamben

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on January 21, 2017, 05:55:34 PM

they are not coached to gift them an easy goal though
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

davew

Why didn't Cairney run back, it might have helped?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: fulhamben on January 21, 2017, 06:09:25 PM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on January 21, 2017, 05:55:34 PM

they are not coached to gift them an easy goal though

OBVIOUSLY NOT, but to pitter-patter around at the back (including Button) there were several times when we
were a 'miss-trap" away from disaster
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

HatterDon

Quote from: f321ffc on January 21, 2017, 06:03:18 PM
When I saw the thread title I thought it was the name of the half Spanish half Scottish striker we are after. fp.gif

Me too!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MisfitKid

Quote from: HatterDon on January 21, 2017, 09:38:20 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on January 21, 2017, 06:03:18 PM

Me too!

I was thinking half Israeli and Scottish... :Get Coat gif:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Darkside

QPR knew we would be trying to play out from the back, and pushed up whenever Button had the ball.
MacDonald's was a howler, but there were a couple more close things.
Why not just clear the ball up to the oppo's half?

westcliff white

Slav clearly wants them to p,at out and across the back, mistakes therefore can happen. However, for me (and it is easier sitting at home) that was a case f pass back to Ream or the keeper rather than across the back completely.
Every day is a Fulham day

toshes mate

McDonald gained possession near the left touchline on halfway, appeared in two minds as he moved towards his own defensive half, and eventually made a pass which was neither struck for Button nor anyone else.  It was an awful lapse in concentration.

Bill2

I am pretty sure McDonald didn't intend to play that pass, he was being pressured from behind and I think he just stumbled. He has done too many good things to be pilloried for a single mistake. I am pretty sure he knows what he did and will be more careful in the future.

filham

It was a real howler of a goal, we worked the ball from well into their half towards our goal and the layed on a lovely pas for them to take full advantage and score.

We have seen things like this before and it is a product of the tactics we employ which probably require players right out of the top draw.

FulhamStu

It's the price you pay for trying to play a high possession game.  I was a bad mistake, it happens.  McDonald has been huge for us this season and we would massively miss his presence if he was out for any length of time.  I do wonder if fatigue is starting to hit some of the players.  The squad needs more quality depth so players like McDonald and Johansen can have a break.

filham

Remember when Ian St John was a popular centre forward at Liverpool and  a church poster asking "What Will You Do When The Lord Comes" had graffiti added by some fan "Move St John to inside left.

Jims Dentist

I'm a big Kevin McDonald fan and I wish he had just leathered the ball into touch.

However although he nor anyone else has said as much so far, I wonder if the miskick was caused by a rut in the pitch.
The pitch has been criticised by Joca, and if a genuine unforced error, it would be very untypical of KM.

andyk

McDonald was under pressure for quite a while. He was moving backwards from the halfway line.  The central defence should have moved back with him, but they didn't and he ended up being the last man. Even if he hadn't screwed up the pass, he was still vulnerable to being dispossessed and leaving the Rangers player one on one.
He was playing the way he is coached to play and, I suspect, Jakanovic will be, secretly, pleased that he didn't do what most Championship defenders would do when under pressure and lump the ball into the stand at the first opportunity.

kiwian

FulhamStu, who told you you were a bad mistake? I'm sure you are a really nice guy.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?