watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

McCormack

Started by Tooting legend, January 21, 2017, 03:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tooting legend

Not in Villas match day squad.... Read in to that what you will.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

No impact player to bring on for us today when needed too. Anyone else see SJ face when about to bring on Matt Smith ?

@jolslover

Bruce:"McCormack is nowhere near fit enough to play and disciplinary measures have been put against him because of his attitude in training"
Bruce:"He (McCormack) has been disciplined for continually missing training." "No truth in talk that he's going to Fulham."
STH H3

Tooting legend

And you know all this information how?  The rumours are he is going to join.......

f321ffc

It's on Twitter so it must be true. 092.gif
villareport‏ @villareport

Mark Regan (BBC WM) says he expects Ross McCormack to move to Fulham 'very shortly' [bbc wm] #avfc
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

fulhamben

I'd still rather have a pacey striker. Anyone with pace would have been clean through at the end when Smith had his chance
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

@jolslover

Quote from: Tooting legend on January 21, 2017, 05:40:52 PM
And you know all this information how?  The rumours are he is going to join.......

Tweets from a journalist.
STH H3

b+w geezer

Quote from: @jolslover on January 21, 2017, 05:31:53 PM
Bruce:"McCormack is nowhere near fit enough to play and disciplinary measures have been put against him because of his attitude in training"
Bruce:"He (McCormack) has been disciplined for continually missing training."

That's in a Steve Bruce interview I have just heard

"No truth in talk that he's going to Fulham.

That's not in the interview, but has been tweeted by the same  BBC WB radio station, so was presumably added off microphone.

@jolslover

Quote from: b+w geezer on January 21, 2017, 05:56:32 PM
Bruce:"He (McCormack) has been disciplined for continually missing training."

That's in a Steve Bruce interview I have just heard

"No truth in talk that he's going to Fulham.

That's not in the interview, but has been tweeted by the same  BBC WB radio station, so was presumably added off microphone.

Yeah
STH H3

hopper

Don't know what to make of it all

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on January 21, 2017, 05:59:02 PM
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-ross-mccormack-feels-12488480

Bruce after game today:

"McCormack is, in my opinion, not fit enough to play. He won't play unless his attitude towards training and missing training improves. If he continually keeps missing training then that's going to be the situation."

"Not in 20 years of management have I gone down this route before. I only ask one thing of them, to turn up. He's decided that the team has picked itself today."

"It's happened more than once."

There have been suggestions that Fulham are interested in taking McCormack back to West London, but Bruce said that there is nothing in place to his knowledge. "Not that I'm aware of. Unless it's happened in the last two hours," he added.

"It hasn't quite worked for him. We all don't want this situation. That doesn't interest me. There's been too much indiscipline at this club for too long and I won't put up with it."
so doesn't sound like an immediate answer to our problems anyway. Let's move on from this and get someone who is ready now.

Steven Ageroad

Sky mentioned, after the QPR game, that there were rumours of him going to 1 of 2 Championship clubs, Norwich and someone else, but Fulham was not mentioned.

cmg

Bruce is fortunate he can call on a dedicated pro like Gabby Agbonlahor.  :wine:

ScalleysDad

If this move does come to pass it will prove there is no joined up thinking at the Club. Why take up valuable space in the squad with a player who won't fit the current style of play, won't be part of the even medium term progression and is clearly not fit to start for a while.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: cmg on January 21, 2017, 06:17:35 PM

Bruce is fortunate he can call on a dedicated pro like Gabby Agbonlahor.  :wine:

lol

davew

Why can't we get Mitroglu back?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on January 21, 2017, 06:34:54 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on January 21, 2017, 06:19:19 PM
If this move does come to pass it will prove there is no joined up thinking at the Club. Why take up valuable space in the squad with a player who won't fit the current style of play, won't be part of the even medium term progression and is clearly not fit to start for a while.

All we know is Bruce says he isn't fit. He played 90 minutes for them last week so if Bruce is correct, McCormack must have got unfit in the space of a week. It's the last week of the transfer window and he's rumoured to be off. Is it just a coincidence he's suddenly "unfit"?
If I were trying to off load a player, I wouldn't describe them as unfit with a bad attitude, and someone who regularly misses training.

Mince n Tatties

17_52 BBC West Midlands correspondent Mark Regan has stated McCormack is on his way back to Fulham.

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 21, 2017, 06:58:06 PM
17_52 BBC West Midlands correspondent Mark Regan has stated McCormack is on his way back to Fulham.
yay, so he's unfit, bad attitude, bad form,and he will be on a lot more money than when he left us. How will this get past the stats man

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on January 21, 2017, 07:00:15 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 21, 2017, 06:58:06 PM
yay, so he's unfit, bad attitude, bad form,and he will be on a lot more money than when he left us. How will this get past the stats man

Its becoming Hilarious.