more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

McCormack

Started by Tooting legend, January 21, 2017, 03:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

From Villatalk.

Just had a quick flick through a Fulham fan forum.

They mainly think it's hilarious and would say to a man they are not interested in him returning,  which is rather damning when you think of the number of goals he's scored for them.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

MJG

Quote from: f321ffc on January 22, 2017, 03:35:40 PM
From Villatalk.

Just had a quick flick through a Fulham fan forum.

They mainly think it's hilarious and would say to a man they are not interested in him returning,  which is rather damning when you think of the number of goals he's scored for them.
They have a point.
You would have thought that every fulham fan would have a player who scored 38 in 89 league games back in a flash.
But the fact we are split on this does show there has to be some problem with him. Its not as if we are top of the league and there is an argument to have him back. But so many of us are just not keen for whatever reasons.

Holders

I think it's to do with the fact that (to me) he wouldn't fit our system now and we need a more mobile striker, his apparent fitness and that it seems that he has a habit of becoming unco-operative when he's not getting his way. I just think there might be a better option than trying to turn the clock back.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

AlexW132

Quote from: Hoppus on January 22, 2017, 01:37:13 PM
SJ said we will sign 2-3 new players (one of them a striker).
Cisse, the CB playing in Russia and .. ?
Kayode?

RaySmith

His goals could really help us. Slavisa would know the best way to play him, maybe just behind Martin, and get the best out of him - or he could come off the bench.

He must be desperate to play, and show what he can do.
Probably come as a loan.

Patrick

Quote from: Holders on January 22, 2017, 03:57:34 PM
I think it's to do with the fact that (to me) he wouldn't fit our system now and we need a more mobile striker, his apparent fitness and that it seems that he has a habit of becoming unco-operative when he's not getting his way. I just think there might be a better option than trying to turn the clock back.

Could you name your ''better option''....and the probability of FFC/Khan/Slav securing that player before the window closes......thanks...

FFCFOREVER

The better option is Lewis Grabban.He isnt getting in the Bournemouth squad,is mobile and very good in the air and I would imagine wants regular first team football.Only stumbling block is us paying a fee for him.I dont think Khan woul shell out over 5 mill for a player in this current window

westcliff white

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on January 22, 2017, 04:49:38 PM
The better option is Lewis Grabban.He isnt getting in the Bournemouth squad,is mobile and very good in the air and I would imagine wants regular first team football.Only stumbling block is us paying a fee for him.I dont think Khan woul shell out over 5 mill for a player in this current window
Grabban is available to loan as I believe that's what Preston have agreed for him, the delay was sorting an option to buy. something like that anyway
Every day is a Fulham day

Lighthouse

It would be a last chance for Ross. He would be motivated, he knows the manager and team. I don't see a problem with him fitting in. He may well be able to play behind the main striker, play in the Aluko role or even play a little deeper if needs be. But his positioning and finishing are second to none. Sure he will take time to get back to the confidence he had. I don't know what fitness problems he really has? I don't know what sort of deal will bring him home?

However he will be a good addition in a position we are so short in. After all we are into the last week and a bit of the window. Still needing certain strength in certain areas.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 22, 2017, 05:15:38 PM
It would be a last chance for Ross. He would be motivated, he knows the manager and team. I don't see a problem with him fitting in. He may well be able to play behind the main striker, play in the Aluko role or even play a little deeper if needs be. But his positioning and finishing are second to none. Sure he will take time to get back to the confidence he had. I don't know what fitness problems he really has? I don't know what sort of deal will bring him home?

However he will be a good addition in a position we are so short in. After all we are into the last week and a bit of the window. Still needing certain strength in certain areas.
But ALuko has bene playing wide with Cairney in the middle, if Ross were to come back he surely would have to play one of the wider roles, he isn't the type of player to play up front in the formation and style we have at present.

I do see benefits in signing him back but it has to be right for the team. Said many times if SJ says its right I will trust in that decision
Every day is a Fulham day

Woolly Mammoth

If at the end of the window, we still had not signed another forward, and the option was that we could take McCormack back, and there was no other alternative, then he would be an addition that was better than nothing at all, at least we know what he can do when he is half fit. But I hope it doesn't come to that, unless they bring in another forward plus Ross.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

I'm pretty sure we will be getting Ross back on loan. The only question left is, who starts?

McCormack or Martin?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Patrick

Quote from: Horse on January 22, 2017, 05:52:55 PM
Quote from: Patrick on January 22, 2017, 04:45:58 PM

Could you name your ''better option''....and the probability of FFC/Khan/Slav securing that player before the window closes......thanks...

A better option would probably be noone. Ross is cancer to a team, a beautiful cancer but still a cancer.

A better option would probably be noone. Ross is cancer to a team, a beautiful cancer but still a cancer.

Really.......in that case...a cancer that single-handedly saved the club from relegation on 2 consecutive seasons......unbelievable comment........

JoelH5

Quote from: Patrick on January 22, 2017, 06:13:42 PM

Really.......in that case...a cancer that single-handedly saved the club from relegation on 2 consecutive seasons......unbelievable comment........

And to compare anyone to cancer is a disgusting comment
I was there, standing in the Putney end

f321ffc

[/quote]
Would that noone be Craig Noone the winger at Cardiff. 090.gif 093.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: f321ffc on January 22, 2017, 06:24:41 PM

(Quote)

OK the word CANCER is poorly judged, but the comment is valid. SJ knows his team and if it is his discission then I am happy with it. But judging by what appears to have happened at Villa, you would question the impact this could have oon the squad!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

St Eve

Quote from: alexmur on January 22, 2017, 02:26:17 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on January 22, 2017, 02:04:48 PM
According to a mirror report,(taken from BBC website) Bruce went to mccontracts house, photographed his 4'6 wall and gates and arranged transport for him. Odd.
You have to give Bruce credit for that lol.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If any of this is true Bruce is trying to install discipline in an undisciplined team. I have no problem with that

e4b

I thought someone put up some stats that showed we don't have a problem scoring(except pens) I would still have him back though.

nose

i loved ross and think he is imensely talented
i ws sorry he left
but i am not a fan of players/magaers returning, it usually doesn't work out and whether he would suit our current style is debatable. however he can cross the ball, take a free kick and penalty brilliantly.....  undecided if this is a good idea but i suspect it is paper talk

e4b

As he hasn't been gone that long you could always pretend he has been injured