watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fredericks

Started by HatterDon, January 22, 2017, 05:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

I didn't see a thread on this, so what was the deal with the half-time substitution? Injury? Form?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Finnegans Wake

Something was up with him in the first half. Seemed to be moving well enough but was really off the pace, wasn't sharp, wasn't taking anyone on.

HillingdonFFC

Rangers did their homework on him & didnt give him hardly any space to run into. He didnt look himself & picked up a silly booking where his temper again got the better of him.
Hooked off at half time & rightly so I think, looked frustrated & red card waiting to happen

Snibbo

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 22, 2017, 06:14:05 AM
Hooked off at half time & rightly so I think, looked frustrated & red card waiting to happen

Exactly.  He was carrying on like a pork chop, and was lucky not to get a second yellow. Needs to control himself when things aren't going his way

dannyboi-ffc

I thought Bidwell defended him perfectly. I'm guessing he was subbed because at half time he was still wound up about whatever it was he was upset about. It was unnecessary from Fred to have a go at the linesman and a stupid booking. He did the same at Reading before the game was called off so he clearly has anger issues on the pitch and a short fuse.

Against Reading the pitch is much bigger and if the half last month is anything to go by Fred will have a field day. They just couldnt handle him. So Joka must have been worried he would get sent off and it was the right decision from our brilliant manager. They would have targeted Fred in the 2nd half and Odoi played well.

He didnt look injured anyway. I hope he starts vs Reading.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Woolly Mammoth

For all the reasons you have all stated, he was a red card waiting to happen. It just wasn't his day, they closed him down, the pitch is narrow, and he was being wound up, or he was winding himself up, got to learn to keep his discipline.
However, at Reading he will flourish on a much bigger fish, an entirely different game. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Williams Tale

We have a smaller pitch than qpr yet fred does ok at cc .

colinwhite

Similar to the Wednesday game at the cottage we played against a side climbing all over us at every opportunity and they blocked the space on that side. He got angry and looked shaky on the ball and also had Mackey on his side who is quick so he didn't dare commit himself to forward runs. Hate to say credit to Holloway but they successfully snuffed out one of our major offensive threats, forcing our players to play inside on both flanks.

Mince n Tatties

Just a bad day at the office for him,it happens.

David Allen Crankshaw

I would imagine it could have been because of the silly, unnecessary booking. Not for the first time this season.

Ged

Quote from: Williams Tale on January 22, 2017, 08:17:34 AM
We have a smaller pitch than qpr yet fred does ok at cc .
Craven cottage pitch 110x75 yards
Lotus road 109x71yards

Horsfield_No9

Slav got it right subbing him. Looked better with Odoi on. Not sure what was up with Fredricks but didn't look his usual self. Bidwell was keeping him very quiet.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Bill2

Quote from: Statto on January 22, 2017, 11:28:17 AM
He wasn't at his most effective, because he relies on pace rather than ball control to get past people, and with the small pitch and them running around like headless chickens, as others have said he didn't have the space. But still, I think the sub was just because he'd been booked. He's usually the first player to get rattled and wound up in niggly games and yesterday was no exception after that push the ref and Lino missed, so he was a red card risk
Definitely the push got his back up, think the sub was done on not risking him as the QPR players were getting to him, as they did to everyone else in the last few minutes.

filham

If , as we think, Fredericks was rattled by the Ranger's rough tactics then you can be sure other manager's will be employing those same tactics. He is a possible match winner and opponents will home in on any apparent weakness.

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Bill2

Quote from: filham on January 22, 2017, 04:35:48 PM
If , as we think, Fredericks was rattled by the Ranger's rough tactics then you can be sure other manager's will be employing those same tactics. He is a possible match winner and opponents will home in on any apparent weakness.
Hopefully SJ will have words and next time he will be more aware of the opposition tactics.

toshes mate

Rangers did their homework on him & didnt give him hardly any space to run into. He didnt look himself & picked up a silly booking where his temper again got the better of him.

That was my reading of it too,  Had an altercation with the referee with Cairney present and was still ranting on.  Definitely lost his rag.

alfie

Quote from: toshes mate on January 23, 2017, 04:49:13 PM

That was my reading of it too,  Had an altercation with the referee with Cairney present and was still ranting on.  Definitely lost his rag.
What is really annoying for me is that players know they will be booked, yet they still do it.
The 6 nations start in couple of weeks and you won't see those big blokes disrespecting the match officials.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on January 23, 2017, 05:24:04 PM

What is really annoying for me is that players know they will be booked, yet they still do it.
The 6 nations start in couple of weeks and you won't see those big blokes disrespecting the match officials.

Exactly right.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

EastEndWhite

Surely someone in the club must be working with him on his supposed anger issues.