watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Aluko

Started by colinwhite, January 22, 2017, 08:34:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

I've been a bit fed up with people giving Aluko  stick on here, and generally under rating what he gives our team . Ok he misses chances but he makes things happens off his own Bat is a constant threat and can beat a man in tight spaces with trickery. He is the only player in the side who can do that and out of nothing create space for others but going past people. And that's without mentioning the work he does shutting down defenders,winning the all back and generally mixing it
One of the first names on the tea sheet every game even if he misses a couple of decent chances per game.

Andy S

Yes every tea time. I have to say I agree. He is the nearest we have to the unpredictable Boa Morte. He used to take some stick at times as well. Good post

westcliff white

Agree Colin, however at times he holds the ball to long instead of sett g someone free or putting someone in, he  by his own admission isn't the best at shooting, so around the area make that little pass to slip someone in, something he is good at doing when he does. When breaking from half way sometimes o,au the ball wide earlier use the speed to stretch the defence, that's my only criticism dwelling on the ball
Every day is a Fulham day

toshes mate

He is a very talented guy and plays a crucial role in many attacks drawing defenders wherever he roams, hence the way he tends to drift wide,  His lobbed shot late in the game shows how gifted he is.  I'd like him to be more direct at times but he is on the pitch and I am not.

ThisIsntAJok

Quote from: westcliff white on January 22, 2017, 09:00:25 AM
Agree Colin, however at times he holds the ball to long instead of sett g someone free or putting someone in, he  by his own admission isn't the best at shooting, so around the area make that little pass to slip someone in, something he is good at doing when he does. When breaking from half way sometimes o,au the ball wide earlier use the speed to stretch the defence, that's my only criticism dwelling on the ball

I noticed a couple of times yesterday he dwelled with it too long on the edge of the box and got tackled when he could've slipped someone easily. If he improves this he will be a weapon

RaySmith

Quote from: colinwhite on January 22, 2017, 08:34:20 AM
I've been a bit fed up with people giving Aluko  stick on here, and generally under rating what he gives our team . Ok he misses chances but he makes things happens off his own Bat is a constant threat and can beat a man in tight spaces with trickery. He is the only player in the side who can do that and out of nothing create space for others but going past people. And that's without mentioning the work he does shutting down defenders,winning the all back and generally mixing it
One of the first names on the tea sheet every game even if he misses a couple of decent chances per game.
Agree!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on January 22, 2017, 04:51:09 PM
Agree!
Quote from: RaySmith on January 22, 2017, 04:51:09 PM
Agree!
[/quote\]

As I do.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

I like Aluko, but sometimes I can't work him out. For example yesterday,  he was on the edge of the area with a sight at goal and rather than hit it with his left, he tried to drag it back to his right and got tackled. I thought fair enough he might not fancy shooting with his left,but then yen minutes later from a harder angle with defenders in front of him, he unleashed a rasping shot with his left that forced a good save. The mind boggles as to why he didn't do that with his first chance. But running football is always the most exciting for me. Love it when him and Fredericks take on their man
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on January 22, 2017, 05:46:43 PM
I like Aluko, but sometimes I can't work him out. For example yesterday,  he was on the edge of the area with a sight at goal and rather than hit it with his left, he tried to drag it back to his right and got tackled. I thought fair enough he might not fancy shooting with his left,but then yen minutes later from a harder angle with defenders in front of him, he unleashed a rasping shot with his left that forced a good save. The mind boggles as to why he didn't do that with his first chance. But running football is always the most exciting for me. Love it when him and Fredericks take on their man

What your saying I think is how I see it. I sctually think it's about decision making by Aluko, and he can sometimes to his detriment make the wrong decisions as he did yesterday with regards to when to shoot etc. As you say it certainly raises the heartbeat when both he and Fredericks are rampaging down the wings.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Aluko is a dream to watch and is one of those players always threatening to open up a tight defence, I for one wouldn't give him stick but do wish he could add good shooting to his other attributes.

nose

hard to understand aluko. one minute he is better than messi, the next worse than jim hicks.
his pace and close control are amazing and i suspect his problem is descision making, he often picks the less good option but i would also keep him in the team, usually, but i suspect he needs to be dropped to show him he has to do a bit better and his place is not assured.