watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Matt Smith having a medical at QPR

Started by The Swan, January 30, 2017, 03:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

A fee of £500,000 fee has been agreed but could rise to £1m. Matt has agreed terms and is having a medical at QPR.

What a shame that he is going to Rangers. What a shame he is leaving us. Although Smith was not liked on this message board he never had a run in the side.

I know that he is not the quickest but if played alongside two wide men who could cross the ball into the penalty area I am sure that Smith would score many goals.

I think  he will score at least ten goals between now and the end of the season.
The Swan

bog

Whatever has been said about Matt I am sorry to see him go, good luck to him.

092.gif

Jamie88

A nice bloke, seems a true pro, but unfortunately nowhere near good enough for where we are aiming for in my eyes
BUT
It does beg the question why are we getting rid of our only other known striker? Woodrow, Humphrys and now (possibly) Smith gone. Surely the club have a striker they're about to announce?  :022:

Lighthouse

It is not that he wasn't liked on this MB. It was simply that he didn't fit into a side like ours and was very one dimensional. Hope he does very well. But if we are ever really serious about being close to the playoffs or even better we simply have to look for strikers with more about them than Smith.

Good luck to him but not while at QPR.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

St Eve

bog

I will never forget when he played for Oldham in the FA cup in a televised game against Liverpool. He caused havoc in the air and got the winner. we just do not play to his style. I an surprised that Bristol City didn't come in for him.  We had better be getting another forward in though.....

092.gif

Jamie88

Am I right in thinking his contract was up this summer? If so then it makes a possible deal of £1m pretty good

toshes mate

Always loved the guy and sorry to see him go.  Wholehearted gutsy player who I wish all the very best to.

Andy S

It makes good sense to me as QPR are going nowhere this season and if he can help upset some teams above us that could help us

The Swan

bog,
      I remember that game between Oldham and Liverpool and thought he was outstanding.

I was pleased that we signed him but he failed to establish his place in our team.

Smith, Woodrow and Humphrys  all gone lets hope that Martin does not pick up an injury.
The Swan

Twig

Quote from: toshes mate on January 30, 2017, 04:14:28 PM
Always loved the guy and sorry to see him go.  Wholehearted gutsy player who I wish all the very best to.

:plus one:

ScalleysDad

Good luck to him. Lest we forget the goal against Newcastle was about the only time he got the type of cross that suited his main strengths and thereafter he was doomed. 

rvFFC

I will eat my socks if smith goes without a replacement. We surely have to bring at least one in.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: SuperFulham323 on January 30, 2017, 05:15:52 PM
I will eat my socks if smith goes without a replacement. We surely have to bring at least one in.

You would have thought so but the goals came from left, right and middle yesterday so do we really need the tip of a diamond or a traditionally 'two up top'? I think we do need a traditional striker but last week was the time really so that 'whoever' could bed in and be up and running for tomorrow and the upcoming fixture fiesta.

Barbecue sauce on the socks will help digestion.

Horsfield_No9

I liked him. Great bloke, good pro and not nearly as bad as a lot make out. Wish he was going anywhere but QPR...still keeps Cairney happy as they're besties.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Mince n Tatties

Good luck Matty,hope you bag 20 goals for them..Never thought I'd want a Ha Ha to do that but I hope you do..Great lad good luck.

davew

Quote from: SuperFulham323 on January 30, 2017, 05:15:52 PM
Might be an idea to wash them first in preparation for your late meal tomorrow night!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

hovewhite

All the best matt seems top pro,but we are down to a striker on loanits really bazzare can only assume we have reinforcements coming in as martin has us by the short n curlys now but on the plus side he now knows hes goin nowhere.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: ScalleysDad on January 30, 2017, 04:36:54 PM
Good luck to him. Lest we forget the goal against Newcastle was about the only time he got the type of cross that suited his main strengths and thereafter he was making repetitive replies that aren't funny! .

What a load of tosh. Looks like I had a message overlap . . . . . . Or I simply can't type and think. Apologise.

fulhamben

So that's Hugo McCormack dembele mitroglu humphrys Woodrow and Smith, all out the door with just the derby player in on loan. Crazy times
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.