2 - 2 Sheff Wed
Cardiff
2 - 0 Preston NE
Ipswich 0 - 3 Derby
Nottm Forest
2 - 0 Rotherham

WhiteJC

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW AHEAD OF FULHAM FIXTURE

BURTON Albion return to home soil tomorrow night when Fulham visit the Pirelli Stadium in the Sky Bet Championship.

The Brewers will be full of confidence after beating QPR 2-1 at Loftus Road last time out, but so will The Cottagers. Slaviša Jokanović's side put four past Hull City in the Emirates FA Cup but they haven't won in the league for two matches.

Reading were their last opponents in the Championship on Tuesday 24 January. Roy Beerens netted four minutes into the second half which saw The Royals pick up a 1-0 victory a the Madejski Stadium.

Albion could have had their first ever away victory in the Championship against Fulham back in September if it wasn't for a late Ryan Sessegnon goal which cancelled out Jackson Irvine's second half strike.

Fulham currently sit 11th in the Sky Bet Championship, whilst the Brewers are 20th, 12 points behind tomorrow's opponents.

Ahead of the game, Jackson Irvine said :"It will be a very tough game. They have been on a great run of form recently and we are very aware of the way they have been playing at the moment."

Tony Harrington will be the man with the cards tomorrow night. The Cleveland-based referee has officiated 22 games this season, dishing out 90 yellow cards (average 4 per game) but he has only given two red cards this season.

Mr Harrington officiated Burton Albion's 2-1 victory over Rotherham United on Tuesday 29 December.

Tickets are still on sale and can be brought online, over the phone (01283 565938) or by visiting the club shop during opening hours.

Seated:
Adult -£24.00     
Senior (65+) - £22.00
Young Person - £22.00   
Under 17 - £14.00             
Under 13 - £14.00

Terraces:
Adult - £20.00   
Senior - £18.00
Young Person - £15.00   
Under 17 - £7.00               
Under 13 – £7.00

Read more at http://www.burtonalbionfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/everything-you-need-to-know-ahead-of-fulham-fixture-3547399.aspx#iu7vU2IS68urrIW1.99

WhiteJC

'A special place' – Smith thanks Fulham fans after QPR move

Matt Smith has thanked Fulham fans and described his former club as "a special place" after completing a deadline-day move to QPR.

The 27-year-old striker switched across west London for an initial fee of £500,000 and signed a three-and-a-half year contract at Loftus Road.

Writing on his Twitter account, Smith said: "From the bottom of my heart, a massive thank you to everyone associated with Fulham Football Club – not least you fans, for all your support in what's been an incredibly enjoyable period of my career.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/special-place-smith-thanks-fulham-fans-qpr-move

WhiteJC

Loan Round-Up

Richard Stearman was a star man for Wolverhampton Wanderers this week as he scored the opening goal in a historic upset at Anfield.

From a free kick, Heldar Cost managed to find Stearman who nodded the ball into the far corner of the net to give Wolves the lead. Andreas Weimann added to Liverpool's misery by scoring a second 5 minutes before the break.

It was a nervous finish with Wolves conceding in the 86th minute, but it was not enough to stop Wolves progressing to the fifth round of the F.A. Cup.

Elsewhere in the 4th Round, Ryan Tunnicliffe returned to face his childhood club Manchester United. Wigan Athletic conceded four goals and wasn't able to find the back of the Old Trafford Net.

Tunnicliffe made his way onto the pitch in the 71st minute to take the place of Will Grigg. The Lactics were trailing by two goals, and Tunnicliffe could not help Wigan from conceding two more. Wigan, sat in 22nd, can now focus on trying to remain in the Championship.

In Spain Jozabed made a brief appearance in Celta Vigo's visit to Leganes. Celta Vigo won a routine 2-0 to climb to eighth in the table. Jozabed came on in the 90th minute for Josep Señé.

Sean Kavanagh played the full 90 minutes this weekend when Hartlepool played away to Newport County.

It was Dave Jones' first game in charge for Hartlepool but Newport, bottom of the table, proved to be too strong for Hartlepool on the day as the Welsh team recorded their first home win since November.

Hartlepool now sit 18th in the table, five points above the drop zone, and eight above Newport.

In the Championship Burton Albion travelled to London to play QPR. Cauley Woodrow came on in the 87th minute to help secure a big 3 points and see out the match for a 2-1 victory over the Hoops.

That win away from home takes the Brewers out of the relegation zone into 20th place with 28 points, only 4 away from 18th placed QPR.

On Tyneside Marek Rodák played 90 minutes for Accrington Stanley as they faced Premier League opposition in the F.A. Cup 4th Round. Rodák was unable to keep a clean sheet and force a replay as Accrington lost 1-0 to Boro, with a superb strike from Steward Downing from 20 yards.

Magnus Norman played between the sticks in the Vanarama league during a 3-1 defeat away to Bromley. Despite taking the lead initially, Bromley scored 3 in a comfortable win. Southport drop to 20th as Bromley climb to 14th.

Ryheem Sheckleford played the entire game for Wealdstone in their heavy defeat to Dartford, also in the Vanarama National League. Dartford, pushing for promotion in third put four goals past the Wealdstone keeper North, leaving the Raiders 13th in the league.

In Scotland Larnell Cole started for Inverness Caledonian Thistle as they managed to gain a much needed point against tough opposition in the form of Partick Thistle.

Cole was unable to find the back of the net in the opening hour, and made way for Mulraney. The match finished 1-1, leaving Inverness 4 points off safety.

Stephen Humphrys featured in Shrewsbury's League One visit to Gillingham. Humphrys helped Shrewsbury gain a point on the road, coming on in the 71st minute of the match. Shrewsbury are in 19th with two points above the drop zone, and Gillingham in 17th two points clear of them.

Elijah Adebayo played the full 90 once more for Bognor Regis on Saturday, he was unable to get on the score sheet after last week's hat trick performance. The league leaders lost 2-1 at home in a shock defeat to Grays Athletic who are propping up the league.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/january/31/loan-round-up

WhiteJC

John Brayford and Kyle McFadzean missing for Burton's clash with Fulham

Burton will be without defensive duo John Brayford and Kyle McFadzean for Wednesday's clash with Fulham.
Brayford suffered ligament damage in Saturday's win at QPR and will be sidelined for six weeks while McFadzean, who sat out the trip to Loftus Road, will remain in the treatment room for two more weeks.
Defender Tom Naylor is fit after sitting out at the weekend with a knock.
Saturday's victory was Burton's first in five games during 2017 but they have not recorded successive victories all season.
Floyd Ayite is pushing for a return to the Fulham line-up after his run-out as a late substitute in Sunday's FA Cup thrashing of Hull.
Ayite scored four goals in as many games before leaving to play in the African Nations Cup for Togo.
Thanos Petsos is also in line for a start with the loan signing from Werder Bremen having made his debut as a replacement against the Tigers at the weekend.
Manager Slavisa Jovanovic has no new selection worries ahead of the game, though back-up striker Matt Smith left the club for QPR on deadline day.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/preview?gameId=452871

WhiteJC

Cyriac Signs

The Club is delighted to announce the transfer deadline day signing of Gohi Cyriac on loan for the remainder of the season.

The striker arrives from Belgian Pro League outfit KV Oostende, with an option to buy at the end of the deal.

Cyriac began his career in his native Ivory Coast with ASEC Mimosas, where his goal scoring form caught the eye of Belgian champions Standard Liege, who moved to sign him in January 2009.

During his time with the club he was given a first taste of UEFA Champions League football in a 2-0 defeat by Arsenal at the Emirates in November 2009, while he helped them reach the Round of 16 in the 2011/12 Europa League.

After three-and-a-half years in Liege, Cyriac moved to divisional rivals Anderlecht in the summer of 2012, with the club going on to win the title in his first two seasons.

In the summer of 2015, Cyriac moved to Oostende and scored 14 times in 33 appearances in his debut campign.

A full Ivory Coast international, the 26-year-old has netted once in six appearances for his country.

"I am very happy to be at Fulham," he told the official website. "From a young age I have wanted to play in the Premier League, and I believe I can do that with this club.

"I am a striker, I am quick, and my number one target is to score goals. I hope to do that for Fulham so that we can have a good rest of the season."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/january/31/cyriac-signs

WhiteJC

Player 'disappointed' Fulham haven't offered club's asking price, just €500k short

Fulham have been linked with Standard Liege's Ibrahima Cisse increasingly towards the end of the transfer window.

The Championship club have been looking to bring several players in and on transfer deadline day they seem to be linked with more players than any other club in the division, and perhaps only rivalled by Hull City in the Premier League.

RMC's Sacha Tavolieri has reported that Fulham's offer to Standard Liege for Cisse has fallen below what the Belgian club want. Fulham have offered €2.5m for the player, and Standard had been asking for €3m, a relatively small difference of just €500k.

Cisse's entourage are said to have communicated that the defensive midfielder is 'disappointed' with the situation.

There's still a small amount of time for Fulham to rescue this deal but the closer it gets to 11pm the less likely Cisse to Fulham is, at least during the current window.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-disappointed-fulham-havent-offered-clubs-asking-price-just-e500k-short/

WhiteJC

DONE DEAL: FULHAM'S SEARCH FOR STRIKER ENDS AS 26-YEAR-OLD JOINS

Sky Bet Championship side Fulham have confirmed the arrival of forward Gohi Cyriac on loan for the rest of the season from Belgium's KV Oostende.

The 26-year-old has joined the Cottagers following speculation and they have the option to buy him permanently in the summer.

Cyriac has racked up four caps for the Ivory Coast national team, and began his career in his native country but moved to Belgian outfit Standard Liege in 2009.

He spent three years there before moving to Anderlecht, where he scored eight goals in 50 matches. Although his rather faint form meant signing for Oostende where his goal-scoring ratio slightly improved having hit the net on eighteen occasions in 52 appearances.

Fulham were linked with a number of forwards during the January transfer window, including Matty Taylor who has now made the switch from Bristol Rovers to City. They also sold Matt Smith to Queens Park Rangers on deadline day.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/done-deal-fulhams-search-for-striker-ends-as-26-year-old-joins/

WhiteJC

Aluko: Strong Team Display

Sone Aluko was pleased with Fulham's response in the Emirates FA Cup against Hull City on Sunday.

Having just taken just one point from the previous two outings in the league, the Whites returned to winning ways in some style, dumping the top flight Tigers out of the competition with a 4-1 win.

"We were frustrated with the last two games because we didn't show the quality we have and we slipped up in the league," Aluko told fulhamfc.com. "So we didn't want to lose a third game and slip up in the cup as well. We were confident we could put things right.

"I thought we played very well and dominated for large chunks of the game. The boys are happy and we're through to the next round which is the most important thing."

Aluko was a menace to his former employers throughout the game, scoring the first before delivering a killer pass to Ryan Sessegnon who set up goal number two.

"I'm very happy with that," he admitted.  "Sess made a great run, I thought he was fantastic all day, every time he plays it surprises me how young that boy is. He plays so well for his age.

"It's nice to score against your old team and get the victory. It was a great header from Kalas to get the ball to me, he seemed to just hang in the air.

"In my head it seemed to take a while to drop, but I just wanted to get a good contact and guide it in, and thankfully it went in.

"The team as a whole was very good, very strong. We were looking forward to playing at home, we hadn't played here for a while, so it was a good game.

"We're a confident team, we play good football and we were clinical on Sunday."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/january/31/sone-aluko-strong-team-display

WhiteJC

Gohi Cyriac: Fulham sign KV Oostende striker on loan

Fulham signing Gohi Cyriac played for Anderlecht against Arsenal in the Champions League in November 2009

Championship side Fulham have signed striker Gohi Cyriac on loan until the end of the season from Belgian Pro League side KV Oostende.

The 26-year-old Ivory Coast international began his European club career with Standard Liege in 2009.

He then joined Anderlecht, for whom he scored seven goals in 47 league appearances, before moving on to Oostende in the summer of 2015.

"I am a striker, I am quick," he told the Fulham website.

The deal includes an option to buy Cyriac at the end of the season.

The Cottagers are 11th in the Championship, five points off the play-off places.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38817516

WhiteJC

Fulham go for ex-Charlton striker denied chance when he first came to England
New Whites signing has previous in London - but it was far from a happy Valley for Ivory Coast international last time

If at first you don't succeed - then hang around nine years and you get a second chance is how Gohi Bi Cyriac might be viewing things right now.

Fulham have secured the Ivory Coast striker on loan for the rest of the season.

He arrives from Belgian Pro League outfit KV Oostende, and the Whites have an option to buy at the end of the deal.

The 26-year-old has scored once in six appearances for his country, and netted 14 times in 33 appearances in his debut campaign for the coastal club.

He told Fulham's official website: "I am very happy to be at Fulham.

"From a young age I have wanted to play in the Premier League, and I believe I can do that with this club.

"I am a striker, I am quick, and my number one target is to score goals. I hope to do that for Fulham so that we can have a good rest of the season."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-go-ex-charlton-striker-12536855

WhiteJC

Fulham team news: Cottagers could field impressive duo vs Burton Albion

Fulham have been boosted by several new or returning faces coming into their squad for Wednesday's clash away at Burton Albion in the Championship.

Following his arrival from the Africa Cup of Nations, winger Floyd Ayite will be battling for a place in the starting XIÂ after his initial comeback off the bench in Saturday's home 4-1 FA Cup victory over Hull City, according to Sky Sports.

The diminutive attacker was in fine form before his departure to the Togo national team, netting four goals in as many games for his club, so boss Slavisa Jokanovic will be hoping he can rediscover this level of performance upon his return to West London.

New signing Thanos Petsos is also in-line for a place in the squad after his arrival from Werder Bremen, with the Greek midfielder making his debut for the Cottagers at the weekend.

Striker Matt Smith is one who will not line-up for the Whites at the Pirelli Stadium, as a result of the completion of his move to QPR.

However, deadline-day acquisition Gohi Cyriac could take the giant forward's place in the team following his signing on loan from Belgian side KV Oostende – so long as the Ivorian's registration and paperwork has been completed in time for the game against Nigel Clough's side.

https://ninetyminutesonline.com/fulham-team-news-cottagers-could-field-impressive-burton-albion/

WhiteJC

Fulham missed out after pre-deadline deal for striker fell through

Fulham failed in an attempt to sign striker Aboubakar Kamara from Amiens in the closing hours of the transfer window.

Whites boss Slavisa Jokanovic had wanted to bring in the 21-year-old, who has scored eight goals in 19 games in the French second tier.

But the deal for the former Monaco youngster collapsed, leaving Ivorian forward Cyriac as their sole addition on deadline day.

It leaves Fulham one player lighter up front, after the departures of Matt Smith to QPR and Cauley Woodrow, on loan, to Burton Albion.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-missed-pre-deadline-deal-striker-fell

WhiteJC

Burton Albion v Fulham
WED, 01 FEB 2017CHAMPIONSHIP
Venue: Pirelli Stadium

BBC coverage
How to follow:
BBC local radio; live text commentary on the BBC Sport website

Burton Albion will be without John Brayford, who is out for at least a month with a knee ligament injury suffered in Saturday's win over QPR.

Fellow defender Kyle McFadzean is also out but Tom Naylor is fit and deadline day recruit Michael Kightly may play.

Fulham forward Neeskens Kebano could miss out after returning from Africa Cup of Nations duty with DR Congo.

But striker Floyd Ayite will be in contention for a start after his return from the tournament with Togo.

Match facts
Both of the previous games between Burton and Fulham ended in draws - 2-2 in the League Cup in 2013 and a 1-1 draw earlier this season at Craven Cottage.
However, Fulham won the League Cup tie on penalties at the Pirelli Stadium.
Burton are yet to win consecutive league games in the Championship.
Striker Chris Martin has had a hand in four of Fulham's last six league goals (three goals, one assist).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38740323

WhiteJC

FULHAM MISS OUT ON TWO TRANSFER DEALS

Fulham failed in an attempt to sign striker Aboubakar Kamara from Amiens in the closing hours of the transfer window.

Whites boss Slavisa Jokanovic had wanted to bring in the 21-year-old, who has scored eight goals in 19 games in the French second tier.

But the deal for the former Monaco youngster collapsed.

Fulham also attempted to sign Sergi Enrich from La Liga side Eibar for it to collapse at the last minute.

Apparently Fulham offered to pay for the player's €10m release clause and put on the table a contract until 2020 with better wages than the player currently earns in Spain.

The problem was that Eibar, who didn't want Enrich to leave, demanded the striker pay for the release clause himself and as he couldn't have afforded to pay the €4m it meant Fulham would have had to pay another €4m up front.

It might have been possible to get around this with time but with just hours left before the window closed it was a deal breaker.

So Ivorian forward Cyriac was left as Fulham's sole addition on deadline day.

It also left Fulham one player lighter up front, after the departures of Matt Smith to QPR and Cauley Woodrow, on loan, to Burton Albion.

http://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/news/fulham-miss-out-on-two-transfer-deals.aspx

WhiteJC

Burton v Fulham - Early Team News

After the excitement of knocking Premier League Hull City out of the FA Cup, on Sunday, then landing a plum home tie, in the 5th round, against Tottenham, things are on the up at Craven Cottage.

Tonight the side are on the road taking on Burton Albion, in a Championship fixture.

Fulham supporters will be hoping that the side can gather three more points to keep tight on the tail of the promotion play-off pack.

Ahead of the fixture we have some early team news, starting with Burton Albion:

Nigel Clough will have to do without the services of John Brayford, the player picked up a knee injury against Queens Park Rangers and is expected to be out for a month.

Also missing is another key defender in the shape of Kyle McFazdean.

However, our hosts are able to welcome back Tom Naylor and there may also be a debut for their transfer deadline day recruit Michael Kightly.

Continuing with Fulham:

Neeskens Kebano, although having returned from African Cup of Nations duty, with DR Congo, could miss out.

But another who has been away in the same competition, Floyd Ayite, could be in the starting eleven.

COYW`s

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=478573#ixzz4XRVUNylN

WhiteJC

Transfer Round-Up

Having brought 14 new faces to SW6 in the summer, Slaviša Jokanović took his total number of fresh arrivals to 16 following our business in the January transfer window. One incoming in August was Lucas Piazon, who later extended his deal with Fulham until the end of the season, while the squad was further bolstered with the recruitment of Thanos Petsos and Gohi Cyriac on loan for the remainder of the campaign. Here's a detailed looked at how the month unfolded for the Whites...

Fulham's first incoming business of the January transfer window saw Lucas Piazon extend his stay until the end of the season.

The attacking midfielder's loan from Chelsea had expired following the 2-0 victory over Barnsley, but just days later it was announced that he would remain a Fulham player for the duration of 2016/17.

Piazon was more than happy to remain in the white of Fulham, telling the official website that he was enjoying playing in such a fluid side: "We can do big things this season, we have a great team and it's great to play with these guys and to enjoy football with them."

A new face arrived on Thursday 26th, when Thanos Petsos joined on loan from German Bundesliga outfit Werder Bremen, with the defensive midfielder making his debut three days later in the 4-1 Emirates FA Cup victory over Hull City.

"I'm happy that everything's done," Petsos told fulhamfctv after signing. "My first impressions are that it's a great team.

"I was very impressed that they knew everything about me, my playing style, how I act on the pitch, and that impressed me very much."

Transfer deadline day saw Gohi Cyriac join on loan for the remainder of the season, with the Club holding an option to make the deal permanent in the summer.

Speaking to the official website after signing, the Ivory Coast international said: "I am a striker, I am quick, and my number one target is to score goals. I hope to do that for Fulham so that we can have a good rest of the season."

The one permanent departure from the Club saw Matt Smith make the short journey to Queens Park Rangers on deadline day.

After the deal was done, the striker tweeted his gratitude to the fans, stating: "From the bottom of my heart, a massive thank you to everyone associated with Fulham Football Club, not least you fans, for all your support in what's been an incredibly enjoyable period of my career."

A number of outgoing loans from SW6 were confirmed throughout the month. Sean Kavanagh was first to agree a temporary deal elsewhere, joining Hartlepool United on the 5th, with Cameron Burgess moving to Bury a day later.

Marek Rodák's switch to Accrington Stanley saw him taste Football League action for the first time, and on the same day that he joined the Sky Bet League Two side, Jozabed returned to Spain for the remainder of the season to aid the Celta Vigo cause in La Liga.

Early on in his Fulham career Ryan Tunnicliffe spent some time on loan at Wigan Athletic, and he penned a similar deal with the Latics on Friday 20th.

Stephen Humphrys made his First Team breakthrough at the end of 2016, and he subsequently penned a contract extension with the Club a month later prior to joining Shrewsbury Town, where he is now playing alongside fellow Whites loanee Jack Grimmer.

Fulham did some further business with a fellow Championship side when Cauley Woodrow and Lasse Vigen Christensen joined Burton Albion in a double deal. The pair will be ineligible when the sides meet on Wednesday evening.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/february/01/transfer-round-up

WhiteJC

A Cottagers Contemplation - The Sparce Partnership
With three forwards departing and only one arriving, are Fulham left depleted up front for a late promotional push?

As yet another Transfer Window slams shut, bringing with it the end of the 'silly season' of speculations and the transfer merry-go-round.

For Fulham, a successful January Window was optimized by keeping their star player Tom Cairney at Craven Cottage, away from the allure of potential Premier League football.

Fringe players, Woodrow and Humphrys both departed the club on loan for the remainder of the season, with Matt Smith signing for Queens Park Rangers on a permanent deal.

The club announced the loan signing Gohi Cyriac on Transfer Deadline Day, in deal that will keep him at the club for the remainder of the season.

Fans were left with a foul taste in their mouths, as the news broke that Chris Martin had penned a new contract at his parental club, Derby County.

With Martin proclaiming that family issues and the opportunity of working with former gaffer Steve McClaren being the swaying points in his decision.

Unlike the Scotsman, Fulham's latest acquisition Cyriac is untested in the division, however his powerful and pacey style of play would compliment the style of play Jokanovic has implemented on the side.

The worry is that the only two strikers that are currently at the club are only there on loan.

There has been numerous suggestions that the appeal of loan deals, is that of a trial before financially committing to a player.

However you have to feel that if the club are to look towards the future and the possibility of a return to the Premier League, surely a permanent addition is needed to supply an attacking focal point to work around,

http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2017/2/1/14468726/a-cottagers-contemplation-the-sparce-partnership

WhiteJC

Cyriac: Fantastic To Sign

Gohi Bi Zoro Cyriac was delighted to get his move to Fulham over the line, having been keen to join the Club for a while.

The striker joined the Whites on loan from Belgian outfit Oostende on transfer deadline day, and will be in the stands watching his new teammates when they face Burton Albion on Wednesday.

"It's fantastic to have signed on loan," Cyriac told fulhamfc.com. "For some time now I've really wanted to come here and, whilst yesterday was a long day, I'm grateful and thank God that everything has been sorted out.

"I spoke to the Club and they made it clear that they wanted me, and from this moment I felt I wanted to join and to do my very best for this Club.

"I'm really happy here and have good first impressions. The staff are superb, I've spoken to many people and a few of the players, and everyone is very welcoming."

There are a couple of familiar faces for Cyriac in the Fulham squad, and he's keen to hit the ground running and help the side continue to progress in the Sky Bet Championship.

"I think I'll be able to integrate well as I already know a few of the players here, which will make things easier for me," he explained.

"I played with Denis Odoi in Belgium and I know Neeskens Kebano who played at Charleroi and Genk, and I'm going to take advantage of them being here so that I can settle in as well and as quickly as I possibly can.

"I share the Club's aims of competing at the top end of the table and to win as many matches as possible.

"Personally, I know that I need to be performing well and try to score as many goals as I can to keep the Club in a high position in the table, and I can't wait to make my debut."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/february/01/cyriac-fantastic-to-sign

WhiteJC

Fulham failure to sign player sees 'agreement in principle' reached on next deal

Taking the end of the transfer window by surprise, Fulham made a move for Sergi Enrich on Tuesday but weren't able to get a deal over the line.

Spanish reports claimed early on Tuesday that Fulham were ready to pay Eibar the player's €10m release clause, and Enrich himself was looking favourably on the possible move to England.

Enrich has been impressing for Eibar this season and signing the player would have been a coup for Fulham, but after a little digging, Sport Witness learned early on Tuesday afternoon that a deal was dead.

Eibar were trying every trick in the book and would have forced Enrich to pay the clause himself, which could have brought tax issues. It was too late to sort the situation out and so everything slipped away.

Enrich himself has come out of it well because he now has an agreement in principle on a new deal. Mundo Deportivo report that Eibar have worked quickly and Enrich will get a pay rise and increased buyout clause.

It looks like this one is completely over for Fulham.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-failure-sign-player-sees-agreement-principle-reached-next-deal/