watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (09/02/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, February 09, 2017, 07:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Bristol City pair could be fit and ready for Lee Johnson's side when Robins host Fulham this month

Long-term absentees Korey Smith and Adam Mathews could be fit and available for first team selection by the time Bristol City host Fulham later this month.

Considered key players, the pair announced their comebacks from injury in a behind-closed-doors friendly fixture against Cheltenham Town at Failand yesterday.

Both played the opening 45 minutes, looked lively and came through unscathed ahead of Saturday's trip to Derby County.

That game and the subsequent trip to Leeds United next Tuesday will come too early for Smith and Mattews, who require more time to regain full fitness.

But Robins head coach Lee Johnson reckons both could be in contention for a first team place when Fulham visit Ashton Gate in a rearranged Championship fixture on Wednesday, February 22.

He said: "The plan was always to give them 45 minutes in this game and I thought they both looked okay. It's their first game back after injury and they did all that could be expected of them and came through without any problems.

"The next two games will be too early for them and they will continue to work on the training ground. But I reckon there is good chance both will be okay for the Fulham game in a couple of weeks' time.

"We have games coming thick and fast this month and it will good to have those two back and competing for a place."

Smith and Matthews have both been missing since sustaining hamstring injuries early in January. Following their return to action, Gary O'Neil remains the only senior player still under treatment.

But his groin injury is not thought to be serious and he is in contention to return to the squad at Derby this weekend.

Read more at http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-city-pair-could-be-fit-and-ready-for-lee-johnson-s-side-when-robins-host-fulham-this-month/story-30120276-detail/story.html#FyfogCIdpBPHMmO3.99

WhiteJC

Fredericks To Serve A Suspension This Week - 8/2/17

Fulham's Ryan Fredericks will be out of action this week as he serves an automatic suspension.

Including Fredericks, here's a list of all the players currently serving, or under a suspension at the beginning of the week, that will potentially keep them out of contention for an applicable fixture in the days to come.

The list of applicable suspensions for first team matches - either by a build up of individual yellow cards, a double yellow card in a single game or a straight red card offence - are updated by the Football Association on the following link Click Here so errors are their own.

For this week's fixtures specifically across the Premier League and the Football League, the following players find themselves ruled out of their manager's thoughts but a few lucky ones may find their suspension expires before their clubs' next fixture depending on the scheduling.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=479715#ixzz4YAgmrXQ4

WhiteJC

Liverpool Favourites Ahead Of Man Utd & Tottenham To Sign £15m Defender

The January transfer window is now closed but we can still look at deals that failed to get across the line and those being lined-up for the summer. Today, more on the future of Ryan Sessegnon....

Liverpool are favourites ahead of Manchester United and Tottenham to secure the signature of £15m-rated Fulham defender Ryan Sessegnon this summer, according to the Mirror.

Sessegnon has progressed through the Fulham youth academy since joining the club at eight years old and broke in to the first team at the start of this season having made his Championship debut against Leeds United back in August.

The 16-year-old is one of the brightest prospects outside in English football and he created history by becoming the Championships youngest ever goal-scorer after finding the net during the Cottagers 2-1 win over Cardiff City.

Understandably, the teenager has been attracting plenty of attention with the Mirror reporting that Manchester United, Liverpool and Tottenham have all registered their interest while the likes of Arsenal and Manchester City are also understood to be keeping a close eye on the player.

However, the newspaper says that Liverpool stole a march on their rivals by making a formal enquiry about Sessegnon during the January transfer window and the Merseysiders are now considered favourites to sign the youngster this summer.

Reds boss Jurgen Klopp is in the market for a new left-back having lost faith in Alberto Moreno and while James Milner has filled-in admirably so far this season, a long-term solution is needed.

Sessegnon would certainly fit the bill and the youngster has already represented England at Under-17 level so he looks to have a bright future ahead of him.

We'll have to wait and see how things develop over the coming months but the Mirror suggest it will take an offer of £15m to persuade Fulham to cash-in this summer so the likes of Liverpool will need to be prepared to dig deep if they want to land the highly-rated full-back.

http://football-talk.co.uk/121196/liverpool-favourites-ahead-of-man-utd-tottenham-to-sign-15m-defender/

WhiteJC

8pm start for quid-a-kid Fulham clash

Later kick-off for rearranged league game.

Rearranged Fulham clash will now kick-off at 8pm on Wednesday, February 22nd
Ever-popular 'quid-a-kid' ticket offer up for grabs
Original fixture moved due to Fulham's progress in the Emirates FA Cup
City's rearranged Sky Bet Championship clash against Fulham at Ashton Gate will kick-off at 8pm on Wednesday, February 22nd.

The fixture was put back due to the Cottagers' progress in the Emirates FA Cup, which sees them host Tottenham Hotspur in the fifth round on Sunday, February 19th.

The match will start at 8pm to allow more time for scheduled events to clear out of the stadium.

Youngsters will be able to attend the game for just £1, with the ever-popular 'quid-a-kid' offer up for grabs.

To secure your seat and take advantage of the deal, call 0117 963 0600 or buy online.

Supporters with tickets for the original fixture will be able to claim a refund if they can no longer make the new date. Refunds can be claimed up until 5pm on Tuesday, February 21st.

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/8pm-start-for-quid-a-kid-fulham-clash-3564082.aspx#gqe6hm8WHWfPTwxj.99

WhiteJC

Next Up: Wigan Athletic

Don't miss our return to Craven Cottage this weekend as Fulham take on Wigan Athletic (Saturday 11th February, kick-off 3pm).

The Whites' will be looking to continue an undefeated streak of sixteen games against the Latics, and you can be there to watch all the action unfold.

Tickets for the match are available to purchase on General Sale, priced from just £10 for juniors and £20 for adults.

For just £35 per person (+VAT), Season Ticket Holders can enhance their matchday experience by upgrading to London's Original in McBride's hospitality. Here, you'll enjoy access to a cash bar and food served prior to kick-off, before watching the game from halfway line seats.

Secure your seats today online, by phone on 0843 208 1234 (opt.2) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

London's Original upgrades available to purchase by phone only - call 0208 336 7555, Mon-Fri, 9am-5:30pm.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/february/08/next-up-wigan

WhiteJC

Another one: Player travelled to London to sign for Fulham before fee was agreed

Fulham's attempts to sign a striker on winter deadline day were really interesting to watch.

One of the players targeted was Anastasios Karamanos, who's currently at Feireinse on loan from Greek side Olympiacos.

On January 31st, outlets from the Portuguese press reported the transfer as certain, saying Fulham would pay around €1.5m for the player. Feirense would receive part of it for letting the loan be cut short.

But the move never happened, and not much has been said since... until now. Today's edition of A Bola has an explanation as to why the Fulham transfer failed.

The newspaper claims that the move was very close indeed, and the player even travelled to London to sign for the West London club.

However, Fulham ended up not agreeing a fee with Olympiacos, and given the urgency of the deal, it ended up collapsing.

Karamanos returned to Portugal, where he's highly rated, having scored five goals in the league this season. He returns to Olympiacos in the summer, and his contract there expires in 2018.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/another-one-player-travelled-london-sign-fulham-fee-agreed/

WhiteJC

It's Chris Martin – Barnsley Defender Singles Out Fulham Man As Strongest Championship Striker Opponent

Barnsley defender Angus MacDonald has revealed that Fulham striker Chris Martin is the best he has come up against this season in the Championship.

Martin, 28, is currently on loan at Fulham from Championship rivals Derby County, who were keen to take him back to Pride Park early in the recently concluded January transfer window.

Despite Fulham being inconsistent, Martin has netted ten goals in 29 appearances in all competitions this season.

He scored against Barnsley in a 2-0 win in January, along with providing the assist for the other goal, and MacDonald was impressed.

Asked in a Twitter Q&A who the strongest striker he has played this season is, MacDonald shot back: "Chris Martin".

Barnsley and Fulham are currently battling to try to break into the top six in the Championship, with Barnsley sitting in ninth spot four points off the playoff places and Fulham in tenth and six points adrift.

MacDonald has come up against a number of top strikers in the Championship this term, tussling with Leeds United's Chris Wood, battling Sheffield Wednesday's Steven Fletcher and locking horns with Aston Villa's Jonathan Kodija.

But he rates Martin as the best.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2017/02/08/its-chris-martin-barnsley-defender-singles-out-fulham-man-as-strongest-championship-striker-opponent/325488/

WhiteJC

AWAY INFO: FULHAM

Useful tips for Latics supporters heading to Fulham.

The latest away day information ahead of Latics' trip to Fulham.
Latics travel to Craven Cottage on Saturday 11 February.
Tickets, travel, parking and match day activity information.
FULHAM v. WIGAN ATHLETIC
CRAVEN COTTAGE
SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
SATURDAY 11 FEBRUARY 2017
KICK-OFF 3.00pm 

Latics travel to Craven Cottage on Saturday 11 February for a 3.00pm kick off in the Sky Bet Championship, so for supporters heading to London, read the Official Fulham Away Fans Guide, here.

FOR WIGAN ATHLETIC SUPPORTERS TRAVELLING TO FULHAM, PLEASE BE REMINDED IT IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE TO USE PYROTECHNIC DEVICES. 

CRIMINAL PROSECUTIONS AND BANNING ORDERS COULD RESULT IF ANYONE BREAKS THE LAW IN THIS WAY. 

PLEASE RESPECT THE LAW AND THE GOOD NAME OF WIGAN ATHLETIC.

Read more at http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/away-info-fulham-v-latics-3564542.aspx#i3O21dj48jGVzWyk.99

WhiteJC

Bristol City Update

Fulham's rearranged fixture at Bristol City will now kick-off at the slightly later time of 8pm on Wednesday 22nd February.

Tickets will go on sale to Season Ticket Holders from 10am on Monday, priced at £25 for adults, £1 for under-12s, and from £15 for concessions.

The Club is pleased to announce that we will be subsidising travel for this fixture, with a return coach ticket priced at just £5.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/february/08/bristol-city-update

WhiteJC

The Sean Davis Column

It was a shame we couldn't build on our Burton win when we went to Birmingham on Saturday. We weren't at our best but sometimes you have to get down to the nitty and gritty and learn to pick up results when you're not playing so well. We're not miles away from the Play-Offs but when we lose that gap gets a little bit bigger. The way things are going it looks like there might only be one place to play for. There's a lot of football to be played, but I personally feel that we're fighting for that sixth spot.

Wigan at home is going to be a massive game for us. If we lose that and the teams around us – Derby, Barnsley, and sides like that – win, then it just makes things that bit harder. You could never say we're out of it because in this league you can build momentum and win three or four games in a row and get right back up there. But I think our home form will prove to be very important, and if we have any aspirations of getting into the Play-Off places then we have to be beating sides like Wigan. It seems like we haven't had a league match at home for a while, so it will be good to get back to the Cottage fighting for three points.

We've got another big home game a few days later when Nottingham Forest visit. Now, we expected Ross McCormack to come back to the Cottage for a fixture this season, but we maybe didn't expect it to be in a Forest shirt. It's a strange one, and just shows how weird football can be. Twice it happened to me. I left Fulham and went to Tottenham, the manager was there for three months and then got the sack, and then I wasn't in the new manager's plans. Later in my career I went to Bolton when Gary Megson was there, but a few months later he got the sack and I wasn't in the plans of the incoming manager. Look, footballers get paid great money, but the career can be like a rollercoaster.

They've signed Zach Clough as well who's a similar player to Ross, while they already had Britt Assombalonga and Nicklas Bendtner, so they've got plenty of options up top. They've got Gary Brazil in caretaker charge, and he's had some good results of late so it will be a tough game on Tuesday. He was at Fulham briefly when I first joined as a youngster, so we wish him luck, just not next week. It's Valentine's Day as well on the day of the game, so hopefully all the Fulham fans have pampered their other halves in the build-up to it so they can attend guilt-free!

After that we've got a tasty FA Cup match against Spurs to look forward to. I was very happy with that draw, it will be a great cup tie. It's a good distraction from the league but it should also be an excellent contest. You'd imagine Spurs will play a fairly strong side and they like to play in a similar style to us, so it should be a quality fixture and a good test for us to see how we fare against one of the top teams in the country. The players and the manager will be relishing it, and it will be a packed out stadium. I remember us playing Spurs in the League Cup in 1999, and Geoff Horsfield and Barry Hayles ran them ragged that day as we won 3-1. So we've done it before as underdogs, why not do it again?

You might have seen on the website recently that I've signed up for Prostate Cancer UK's London To Amsterdam cycle. It's a great cause put on by a great charity, and I'll be in a lot of pain which might amuse a lot of people. Come along, join in, it should be a good laugh. The more people the better, as that will make the journey easier with fellow Fulham fans spurring each other on. It's not like the marathon where you're all by yourself, there will always be someone else in the team helping you through it. I'll probably be the one at the back so I'll need your help to keep me going! I'm doing the 10K run at the end of the month as well, so this will probably be the fittest I've ever been!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/february/08/the-sean-davis-column

WhiteJC

FULHAM MIDFIELDER TOM CAIRNEY SHINING IN MIDDLE

Fulham midfielder Tom Cairney believes that his shift from the wing to the middle of the pitch has allowed him to shine at Fulham.

The former Blackburn man was playing out wide last season but, this year, he has been shifted into a more central position.

The 26-year-old has been instrumental this season and he is among the leading players in passing accuracy across Europe.

Many Fulham fans have Cairney as their player of the season and he believes much of his improvement is down to the shift.

When asked for the reason behind his improvement on last season, he said: "My position – it's as simple as that. I don't play on the wing anymore, I play inside.

"I feel it's my natural position and I think people are starting to see what I can do in my position.

"I like to get the ball and get us playing so I'm enjoying it.

"I've been on form the whole season but I want to kick on more and more and more and I think I can do that."

Fulham face an exciting week as they host Wigan and Nottingham Forest before taking on Premier League side Tottenham in the FA Cup fifth round.

Cairney added: "There's always another big game to look forward to. We've got two big games in the league and then a juicy cup tie with Tottenham."

Despite last Saturday's 1-0 defeat to Birmingham, Cairney still believes that a top six finish is within Fulham's reach.

He explained: "Stay with us. We've excited them this season and turned it around. We know the last couple of seasons haven't been great but we've got a chance of reaching the play-offs."

http://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/news/fulham-midfielder-tom-cairney-shining-in-middle.aspx