more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The FST History project (Fulham stories)-4th Video now available 14th March

Started by MJG, February 09, 2017, 02:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie88

Quote from: MJG on February 22, 2017, 04:12:28 PM
As the Fulham Supporters Trust History project rolls out or first video recollections is from Denis Fenton, better known here as Stoneleigh Loyalist.

http://fulhamsupporterstrust.squarespace.com/history/

This project is ongoing and any contributions are welcome. Some of you have been in touch and we are working our way slowly through the list for filming.
But if you do have other Fulham related history we could catalogue please get in touch at [email protected]

Thanks to Denis for taking time out and enjoy the vidoe. Any feedback is welocme if you wish to PM me it.

Mike

Great stuff MJG

MJG

Quote from: Jamie88 on February 22, 2017, 05:53:22 PM
As the Fulham Supporters Trust History project rolls out or first video recollections is from Denis Fenton, better known here as Stoneleigh Loyalist.

This project is ongoing and any contributions are welcome. Some of you have been in touch and we are working our way slowly through the list for filming.
But if you do have other Fulham related history we could catalogue please get in touch at [email protected]

Thanks to Denis for taking time out and enjoy the vidoe. Any feedback is welocme if you wish to PM me it.

Mike

Great stuff MJG
Thanks and it's hopefully just the start. We have another interview already recorded and should be up early next week.

Funky Fulham Dave

Mike

Fantastic.

Enjoyed it very much.

049:gif

RaySmith

Great memories, and a great memory- Denis is a marvel.

Related to his account of starting to support Fulham though from a non Fulham background. That was my memory from the early 60's - going to Fulham and Chelsea games on alternate weeks and trying to get autographs, and finding a completely different atmosphere at Fulham.

Once we were watching the players training at the Cottage, lapping the outside of the snow covered pitch, and some of players starting a snowball fight with us. But at Chelsea you'd be chased outside.

Looking forward to future interviews in this series.

Thanks to Mike and FST.

MJG

Quote from: RaySmith on February 23, 2017, 05:08:58 PM
Great memories, and a great memory- Denis is a marvel.

Related to his account of starting to support Fulham though from a non Fulham background. That was my memory from the early 60's - going to Fulham and Chelsea games on alternate weeks and trying to get autographs, and finding a completely different atmosphere at Fulham.

Once we were watching the players training at the Cottage, lapping the outside of the snow covered pitch, and some of players starting a snowball fight with us. But at Chelsea you'd be chased outside.

Looking forward to future interviews in this series.

Thanks to Mike and FST.
Cheers Ray, the next video will once again star one of our regular contributors here Mr Peabody (Bill in the real world) and will be on the FST website Monday or Tuesday.

MJG

Our second video is now the site at http://fulhamsupporterstrust.com/history/
This week's Fulham fan is Bill Shrimpton, better known as Peabody on here

LBNo11

...Just to remind Bill about his first ever game on the 7th September 1946 watching manager Jack Peart's Fulham amongst a crowd of 26,038 on a cool dull and showery day.

Ernie Shepherd scored the first goal and Ronnie Rooke the second giving Fulham a 2-0 half-time lead. In the second half Luton's Hugh Billington reduced the deficit with his goal. Then Fulham's Jack Watson conceded a penalty by handling in the penalty area and had a chance of leveling the score; however, Fulham goalie Ted Hinton saved from Luton's Frank Soo.

On that day RAF Captain Teddy Donaldson broke the official speed record by flying his Gloster Meteor jet at 615.78 MPH...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

RaySmith

Good to put a face to the name.

More great memories, as I would expect from reading  Peabody's posts over the years.

I remember the Peabody buildings, as we called them, from where I lived in SE London -school friends lived in them.

I also remember how the  Fulham area, and football, has changed, and how  there wasn't the  difference and barriers between fans and players there is today, though  I didn't start supporting Fulham until the early 60's, quite a bit later than Peabody.

Thanks to all concerned.

Peabody's memories are priceless, and  it's such a brilliant idea to film these life-long fans  speaking for us all to see and appreciate, and for these to be part of a supporters' archive - a  unique oral history of  Fulham FC, told by the ones who are  most important - the fans.

MJG

My father is filming third person tomorrow and then hopefully another later this week so it's rolling along.
We are looking at some other ideas to expand on this and if anyone wants to get involved let me know.

Peabody

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 26, 2017, 03:02:31 PM
...Just to remind Bill about his first ever game on the 7th September 1946 watching manager Jack Peart's Fulham amongst a crowd of 26,038 on a cool dull and showery day.

Ernie Shepherd scored the first goal and Ronnie Rooke the second giving Fulham a 2-0 half-time lead. In the second half Luton's Hugh Billington reduced the deficit with his goal. Then Fulham's Jack Watson conceded a penalty by handling in the penalty area and had a chance of leveling the score; however, Fulham goalie Ted Hinton saved from Luton's Frank Soo.

On that day RAF Captain Teddy Donaldson broke the official speed record by flying his Gloster Meteor jet at 615.78 MPH...

Thanks for that Ed. I may have been at the Cottage, but I certainly wasn't in the plane.

MJG

The 3rd Video in this series is now available and has Bob Hughes (bobbo) and Harry Crump talking all things Fulham

http://fulhamsupporterstrust.com/history/

MJG

A push for the latest Video and a call out as well to anyone who wants to take part. Drop me a PM.

I'm looking for fans now with FA Cup run memories, The Fulham Park Rangers time as well.

MJG

The 4th Video in this series is now available to watch.

Our next contributor to the history project is Phil Mison who many may remember as the LBC and Sky commentator. He takes us into the dark period when Fulham slipped down the league but gives us an animated vision of the Micky Adams period and a good explanation of why he thinks Al Fayed took over Fulham.

keith

Absolutely brilliant interview with Mr Mison. The things us fans didn't know!!!!. Thank you.

MJG

Quote from: keith on March 14, 2017, 01:15:55 PM
Absolutely brilliant interview with Mr Mison. The things us fans didn't know!!!!. Thank you.
Thanks Keith, it was an intereting video just like the others and it paints a very decent picture of the 80's and 90's at Fulham

colcliff

SadOldGit

MJG

Quote from: colcliff on March 15, 2017, 03:37:35 PM
willing to help but like many others don't  know how to PM
Colcliff, I'll send you a PM and if you can reply to it

RaySmith