https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Today's other results, around us

Started by Friendsoffulham, February 18, 2017, 03:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 18, 2017, 03:29:12 PM
Ross just missed a pen against injured keeper..lol
That isn't funny Mince, I think we wish he had scored! Perhaps he is a mate of CM?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: The Old Count on February 18, 2017, 05:01:44 PM
Playoffs are in our own hands.  Win our games in hand over Leeds then beat them and we're in the playoff places.
Sounds so easy but it won't happen! If we get 4 points from the next 2 games that would be good but not enough, got a feeling we might only get 1, then game over, still I will remain optimistic!

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: davew on February 19, 2017, 01:24:28 AM
Playoffs are in our own hands.  Win our games in hand over Leeds then beat them and we're in the playoff places.
Sounds so easy but it won't happen! If we get 4 points from the next 2 games that would be good but not enough, got a feeling we might only get 1, then game over, still I will remain optimistic!

Really?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

dannyboi-ffc

Forget Wednesday because they are a different animal. But Barnsley and Preston are on the same points after failing yesterday and we have 2 games in hand on both. Game over for them two.

Reading have a terrible run in for the next 6 weeks including games against Brighton, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Wednesday, Leeds and PNE. 4 of those are away so someone is dropping points.

Leeds play Wednesday at home next weekend. On current form it goes in our favour for Leeds to lose but a draw is also  good. 4 points for us against Bristol and Cardiff is a good return and would ensure its still all to play for. Important we will go into the Leeds game knowing a win will take us above them.

Norwich took 1 point from last two games. None of these teams are perfect. If we just focus on ourselves we will finish top 6.

Yesterday was superb for us. 5 teams around us playing, 2 lost, 2 drew and Wednesday won. Looking at this a different way, we won't catch Wednesday because they are consistent.  So Wednesday winning means they go to Leeds next week in formand full of confidence.  It's much more important and realistic to catch Leeds because of the 2 games in hand and the home game in a few weeks. So we want Wednesday to win to keep Leeds as close as possible. Same with Reading.

We can do this!!!!!! COYW!!!!!

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Statto on February 19, 2017, 09:02:56 AM
I'd be happy with any outcome in the Leeds v Wednesday game. A draw would be best but my next choice would be a Leeds win. If Wednesday win they're virtually out of sight but a Leeds win keeps both teams within striking distance.

What?!?!?! We have to play Leeds at home soon and have 2 games in hand. Surely it makes more sense to keep them as close as possible. Wednesday are better than both Leeds and Reading and will keep on getting the wins required.

2 games in hand on Leeds, play them at home.
0 games in hand on Wednesday, play them away last game. 
9 points behind both

How on earth is it better for Leeds to pull further away?

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Statto on February 19, 2017, 10:51:39 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 19, 2017, 10:36:25 AM
Quote from: Statto on February 19, 2017, 09:02:56 AM
I'd be happy with any outcome in the Leeds v Wednesday game. A draw would be best but my next choice would be a Leeds win. If Wednesday win they're virtually out of sight but a Leeds win keeps both teams within striking distance.

What?!?!?! We have to play Leeds at home soon and have 2 games in hand. Surely it makes more sense to keep them as close as possible. Wednesday are better than both Leeds and Reading and will keep on getting the wins required.

2 games in hand on Leeds, play them at home.
0 games in hand on Wednesday, play them away last game. 
9 points behind both

How on earth is it better for Leeds to pull further away?

Depends whether you think Wednesday "are better than both Leeds and Reading and will keep on getting the wins required." That's your view which is fair enough, and in that case it makes sense that you've written off our chances of catching Wednesday. But IMO it would be incredibly dangerous with so many games left to pin all our hopes on one team, Leeds, dropping down the table. Personally, the only teams I've written off our chances of catching are the top 3 and of the remainder, I want to remain competitive with as many of them as possible. Anyway even If Leeds beat Wednesday, we'll still go above them if we win our games in hand and the fixture against them. They're hardly "pulling further away"

Fair enough.

Personally think Wednesday are too good to lose a 9 point lead on us. When I say good, I don't mean I'd fear facing them in the playoffs, just mean they are consistent at winning ugly.

For me it's Leeds and Reading. Both have difficult fixtures until the end of March, Wednesdays is much easier. Wednesday have a bigger squad than both and I think with Leeds you can see the signs of a long season catching up with them.

Putting my mystic Meg cap on I will predict the top 6 to be Huddersfield, Wednesday, Fulham and Leeds/Reading in that order. So not quite putting all my eggs in one basket,  I feel we have a very good chance of overtaking both Reading and Leeds. And a big factor in that is the 2 games in hand.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

filham

Not realistic to assume 3 points for each game in hand, it is unlikely to be achieved.
Remember a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

But then again a win against Spurs this afternoon and we will think anything isl be achievable.

davew

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 19, 2017, 08:44:00 AM
Quote from: davew on February 19, 2017, 01:24:28 AM

Really?

LOL, grammar error sorry.