watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Spurs?

Started by ChesterTheTabby, February 17, 2017, 03:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Do we play out strongest 11? I definitely think we do. Not only will it show we take the cup seriously, but it will give our regulars another dose of premier league opposition and keep them on their wits for the league matches to come shortly after.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

westcliff white

SJ has confirmed that Betts will play and he will put out his best available team
Every day is a Fulham day

Holders

I think that's right, to keep the momentum going.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

snarks

Kalas is fit too, however as he hasn't played in the previous rounds does he start on Sunday?

Woolly Mammoth

It's a no brainer, he has to put out his strongest team.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

It's the Chinese year of the Rooster, so it's a nailed on Fulham FC victory.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

It is bad that the Spurs game is followed by two away Championship game in the next six days. Imagine losing to Spurs after extra time, picking up a red card  (MacDonalds) and having injuries to say Cairney and Kalas.
We would all then wish we had put out a reserve side.

If on the other hand we win easily we will think that the run out did us the world of good.

I am nervous abuot the situation and would tend to give priority to the two Championship games.

dannyboi-ffc

It seemed to work against Forest going with 3 at the back. If we are going to play Ream and Sess I think it suits both better. One has more protection whilst the other has more freedom to go forward.

Button
                Odoi    Kalas   Ream/Madl

Aluko                   McD                     Sess

Johansen        Cairney

Ayite                             Kebano                 
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Vinnieffc

We're not going up this season. Maybe next season if SJ stays. And we're not getting relegated either,. So it's the FA Cup for me. Strongest team absolutely. And I doubt the Spuds will put out a starting 11 to safeguard a CL place. This one isours ladies and gentlemen.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on February 17, 2017, 06:52:36 PM
It is bad that the Spurs game is followed by two away Championship game in the next six days. Imagine losing to Spurs after extra time, picking up a red card  (MacDonalds) and having injuries to say Cairney and Kalas.
We would all then wish we had put out a reserve side.

If on the other hand we win easily we will think that the run out did us the world of good.

I am nervous abuot the situation and would tend to give priority to the two Championship games.

Relax you worry too much. How do you think teams got on in the good old days playing with no subs, and very muddy pitches where the tackle from behind was not outlawed, and nobody wore gloves, we seemed to have bred a generation of wimps. These days the poor little rich boys can be subbed at any time if they have broken a painted finger nail or got mud on their shirt. Some of them never play a full game in case they get too tired to use their mobile phones.
The players would rather play than train, even the big time Charlie's. Too much brain washing by coaches and scientists for their own hidden agendas. As I say relax and enjoy life while you can, cause you never know when the next Viking raid is coming.

Never forget your Roots.

Vinnieffc

nd you'll never go to Valhalla.

RaySmith

'Nothing ventured, nothing gained'/'Faint heart never won a fair lady.'

Why not think positively - a good  performance and result can only give us confidence, while going out with a whimper, even with a team of  reserves, won't  do much to help morale.

But Slavisa  says he is putting out a strong team, anyway, as he has in past rounds, so  we should get behind the team  to get a good result against our posh London rivals.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Vinnieffc on February 17, 2017, 07:22:13 PM
nd you'll never go to Valhalla.

Yes Valhalla, The great hall of Norse mythology where the great warriors and heroes are received.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on February 17, 2017, 07:22:45 PM
'Nothing ventured, nothing gained'/'Faint heart never won a fair lady.'

Why not think positively - a good  performance and result can only give us confidence, while going out with a whimper, even with a team of  reserves, won't  do much to help morale.

But Slavisa  says he is putting out a strong team, anyway, as he has in past rounds, so  we should get behind the team  to get a good result against our posh London rivals.

Yes, and a fair lady is an excellent reward for getting through to a Quarter Final spot.
So we are all agreed then, its spuds to be mashed, baked, boiled, chipped and fried at a high temperature.

Never forget your Roots.

J.Perkins

Bettinelli

Odoi Kalas Ream Sessegnon

McDonald Cairney

Piazon Johansen Aluko

Ayite

Button, Madl, Malone, Parker, Kebano, Cyriac, Martin

Maybe switch to this if losing

Bettinelli

Piazon Odoi Kalas Ream Sessegnon

Johansen McDonald Cairney

Aluko Ayite

Fulham97

surely Cyriac could do with gametime to prove what he can do?

twang

Bettinelli
Odoi - Kalas - Madl - Malone
Cairney - McDonald - Johansen
Aluko - Kebano - Piazon

Ayité and Cyriac nailed on subs if things aren't working in attack.

Twig

Quote from: Fulham97 on February 17, 2017, 10:46:20 PM
surely Cyriac could do with gametime to prove what he can do?

Yes, this does seem like a chance to give him a start.

Walsh

Betts
Odoi - Kalas - Madl - Sess
   McDonald
          Johansen
Aluko             -           Kebano
     Cyriac

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Walsh on February 18, 2017, 01:02:07 PM

Betts
Odoi - Kalas - Madl - Sess
   McDonald
          Johansen
Aluko             -           Kebano
     Cyriac

Ten men to start, hmmm good idea, that should really throw them, a very cunning plan.

Never forget your Roots.