more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Bristol City

Started by terryr, February 22, 2017, 01:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Better late than never I guess

"With Tammy out, surely, surely, LJ has to start with Djuric AND Taylor up front?
Personally I'd like to see 3-5-2 or perhaps more of a 3-4-1-2, but whatever the formation has to be Djuric & Taylor up front together.

Giefer

Wright            Flint            Mags

Cotteril   Heggler  Tomlin  Brownhill  Bryan

Taylor  Djuric "

"This formation bollox is getting on my nerves. 4-4-2 and go for it."

" Agreed like derby away poo or bust! "

" 4-4-2 is the only way to play in the championship when you have an average squad. The sooner the coaching staff realise this the better"

" We have no RB so..

Giefer
Wright Flint Mags
Cotteril Brownhill Hegler Bryan
Tomlin
Djuric Judas "

"We are only going to get out of this mess with clean sheets! Will fans accept that or are we going to booed for not being aggressive enough."

"Never thought Fulham were big travellers.  Would be surprised to see 800/900."

" The coach deal is a fantastic gesture from Fulham. We got a couple of really important away games coming up quite far away. Be good if the club could offer a subsidised coach fair. The team are going to need all the support it can get . So with a cheaper coach travel . (Not talking a fiver ) but maybe a bit cheaper. Could get some bigger numbers traveling which could be priceless "

"
  22 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:
Never thought Fulham were big travellers.  Would be surprised to see 800/900.
In the Prem, unless local they rarely took 1000 ."

" Was surprised when saw original title, always had a crap away following for a London team "

"I think we had a subsidised trip after the 7-1 defeat at Swansea "

" Football club in actually thinking about their fans shocker. City should try it some time."

" I am obviously biased here but when I read that Fulham are discounting coach travel to encourage their fans to get to Ashton Gate tomorrow, on the same night that City, without any thought for their fans coming similar distances, pushed the kick off back, my comment (as hacked off it was) stands.
Tomorrow I've got a 5 hour round trip and will need to leave before the end, to get the last train. If City actually bothered to look at their season ticket holder list, instead of employing temps to call us up and sell us stuff, they'd see how many ST's they have in London and might actually give a damn.
I'm well aware they have a business exhibition in the ground (which finishes c. 3.30) - I refuse to believe if they'd given it some thought, there isn't a pair of hands that could get them tidied up 15 minutes quicker. Hell, I'd have come down early and helped, if it meant seeing the end of tomorrow's game.
I actually read this thread about Fulham's initiative today within an hour of talking to City season ticket holders in London who won't be going tomorrow because they don't want the hassle this late finish has caused. That's all I'm referring to when I say on this thread City really don't think about their fans.
With all that said, if I have to leave 10 minutes before full time tomorrow it will still be 10 minutes after City have finished playing..................."

"couldn't you have booked a place on a coach from Fulham? as i know someone came from Preston on theirs"

" Wednesday night match at home to Fulham will be a Red and White night.
Can I ask going to the game to wear our colours and get right behind the team from the start and create a great atmosphere.
I have spoke to Adam Baker and he will help promote this on the clubs main website. He has also asked me to contact any in Section 82 in the Atyeo to help support this.
Please can I ask all to help promote this."

" No"

" you can ask but we'll not do it"

"Just watched them against spurs:Have a look what we're up against Wednesday "

"A good team. "

" They look lively in this game. Also trying to use the width to good effect which will be interesting against us! "

" Fulham made 5 changes from their last game, mostly at the back, so some red cards, minor knocks that keep them out for a match or two will all be cheered..."

" I do like Craven Cottage it must be said."

"  They are awful. Defensively clueless. We will win Wednesday. A sending off or two would be nice plus a few injuries thrown in just to make sure. Hope Spurs continue to run them ragged."

" But we are awful."

" No."

" one win in 15 is it?"

" Table would disagree with you "

" They look open at the back. Can't read too much into this performance, some first team regulars not playing. "

" They look a little like us, decent going forward but very suspect defensively. Not sure how many of their regular back line are playing, but if they defend like this on Wednesday then we'll certainly have chances. "

" Fulham seem quite happy to create their own problems when put under pressure, we need to start quick on Wednesday and make them feel like they haven't got time to breathe. An early goal would get the crowd going."

" 2 up front definitely needed, don't give them time to play out from the back."

" But we will play one up front, who will be so isolated, meaning that their defence will have an easy evening."

" Not at all impressed with Fulham so far.
Their manager needs to change the shape, they have no midfield to speak of and Spurs are murdering them down the sides.
Can see Cotterill and Bryan being important for us on Wednesday."

" Defensively poor, but got a fair bit of pace going forwards, and being this is a Premier League defence (albeit not the full first choice Spurs back line), I can see why less quality defensive units concede against them.
Hope we play two forwards against them on Wednesday."

" Very slick on the counter. But let's not forgot we smashed them this season already in the league and beat them 3 times in 2016. We are at home, a loss against them is just another strike on Lee Johnson, and I'm sure sure how many he has left."

" Aluko skillful but very one footed and tries to set up someone else if he can't get it onto his left properly. Their goalkeeper doesn't have the best distribution and aims to hoof it long. Cairney has good close control and is good at quick direction changes before finding a pass to a team mate in space.
They are very susceptible to pressing- we shouldn't play 3-5-2 and instead pack the wings as they are seemingly a bit weaker on the flanks "

" 3-0. Good team Spurs. Difficault to say how Fulham is. S is class above."

" Fulham have good corners, they should atleast score one of them"

" No excuses Wednesday, we have rested all our players, the energy levels are in our favour.
I've never been concerned with our players though, they are more than good enough, however....."

" Spurs are 3rd in the Premier League above Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd so I would not read to much into that game, we would have looked just as poor against them."

"
Fulham are good at playing out wide, that is our weak spot. Will be tough"

" Hope not, but I'm armed with my repost to the Fulham Tarquins if it is:

We lose every week

We lose every weee-eeeek

Your nothing special

We lose every week"

" This in my opinion is one of the biggest games city have had in a long time.  with newcastle and villa coming up this is a must win game. Nothing less than a win is good enough. Defeat and some huge decisions will have to be made. Fingers crossed we win because I for one wants Lee to be successful but defeat and Steve has to do something. "

" As for Fulham, it's a big game but I don't see why it's must win. We knew February would be a bare month in terms of points. It's why Derby hurt so much but it's not the end of our season if we don't get 3 points. With the way things are going at them moment, I think we'll have some of our best performances away from home as we can play more free without the expectation(though we are Barcelona apparently as everyone went mental we lost at Elland Rd. Strange). Whereas at home it'll be quite poisonous once things go a bit astray. Also Villa away is about as winnable a game as they come and has been hyped up all month one we lose for sure. They're on a run similar to ours from December to February. We'll have a sellout there and a night game. The boys will be up for it IMO.
So yes, Fulham is an important one but they are no easy task to beat at home. I'd hope for all 3 but in our current form it would be good to secure a point. I'd say if results go as expected, our biggest game is Burton at home in a few weeks. "

" I strongly feel a good City win is on the cards, perhaps a 3-1 victory.  Fulham are an inconsistent team, and seem to be a bit open at the back.
3-1 to City, or possibly a 3-2 win for a change!"

" How many more must win games are we allowed?
Seems like every game we have is quoted as must win.
But we haven't won many of them."

" Must-win and must-perform! Of course we're not going to see anything like a 4-0 victory, but at the very least we need to start getting some structured, decent performances out on the playing surface.
So if we go a goal up, two up or even the heady heights of being three to the good, please city don't balls it up! "

"You're joking, right?
They've won three of their last four and have concealed the 3rd least of any team outside the top six.
They are a form team; when we can't beat a Leeds team on their worst run for several months, people need to temper their expectations on this one."

" No doubting Fulham will be a very tough game. But not sure I entirely agree with this mate, Fulham gained only 1 point more than Leeds over the last six games and the last 10 games Leeds actually earned 2 points more than Fulham. Leeds have also conceding several less goals than Fulham and but for quite a performance from Rob Green we might have got more than one goal the other night.
So although I agree it's a tough game I'm not sure about our comparison - add to that we were away to Leeds.
Personally, depending on the results of Wigan and Burton's next few games, I feel a point might still be OK.

" Can't see us beating Fulham, would take a point, we have beaten them twice already this season, including our biggest win of the season, we are City, remember that"

" Fulham last 4 games.
Away win at Burton (0-2)
Away defeat to Birmingham (1-0) - down to ten men when Birmingham scored.
Home win against Wigan (3-2)
Home win against Forest (3-2)
So they have beaten two of the teams around us at home by one goal in five but only lost one in the last four (but had a player sent off).
I reckon a game with goals that will be decided in the last 20 mins :-)"

" Any win would do for me. Am I dreaming or did we beat Fulham 4-0 a while back?"

That's it

ScalleysDad

as ever thanks for those.
"Fulham are great at creating their own problems......" genius analysis.

BestOfBrede

:005:"Fulham have good corners, should score from one of them" ???
Is he acing a laugh? Or just not been watching?

Thanks for this TerryR