watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Help

Started by Peabody, February 22, 2017, 05:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

I am trying to play back a usb stick on my tv with a video loaded onto it but the TV keeps saying this device is not supported. Can anyone tell me what this means and how I resolve it, please?

ToodlesMcToot

Not that I'm an expert or anything....

Television model?
Does your television have the ability to download apps from it's manufacturer?
What is the extension ( .xxx ) at the end of the video file on the usb drive?

Could be that the television doesn't know what to do with the file type of the video.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Peabody

Samsung, yes it does, don't know

love4ffc

No expert here either Mr. P.  Sadly not all USB devices are supported by TV.  If your TV will recognize the USB you should be able to find by doing the following;

• Switch off your TV.
  • Insert your USB device into the USB connector at the side of the TV.
  • Switch on your TV.
  • Press the 'MENU' button on the remote control to display the main menu.
  • The brand of your USB device will be shown on the MULTIMEDIA row if the TV recognizes it.

If the device is not recognized then you may need to look up the in the owners manual the type of USB that is compatable with your TV. 

I now this no help.  Sorry. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

filham

I am all over the place with this sort of thing.  An instruction disc with a new printer gave notice that it couldn't be played on my TV , I cannot fit a usb stick into any of the sockets on two
Absolutely no help but rest assured you are not alone.

ToodlesMcToot

Mr. Peabody, I did a little quick researching on the subject and found that the majority of these issues (USB stick playing on HDTV's) boil down to the formatting of the usb device.

For instance, your television may only be compatible with storage devices (usb stick, hard drive,....) that are formatted FAT32 or NTSC or PAL....the latter two being formats that your retail movie dvds use (PAL is a Euro standard while NTSC is a US standard). If the format the TV expects isn't what the storage device uses, you'll likely get a message similar to what you've seen already.

If you can use the usb drive with a computer, you might check to see what file system it is formatted with by checking the properties of that drive. You can then research the television to see which formatting standard it accepts.

Again, I'm just relaying a bit of what I've read quickly online.

Peabody

Thank you very much for your help. Think I Ma y have to call Dexter, my seven year old Grandson.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Peabody on February 22, 2017, 07:26:30 PM
Thank you very much for your help. Think I Ma y have to call Dexter, my seven year old Grandson.

Was it too much to hope that he was named Sherman??  :005:

I'd wager he's likely got the answer to your problem though. Kids amaze me constantly with some of the things they've got their heads around already.

MJG

On your control look for 'input'  if it's there then it will list the various inputs you have and multi media or USB should come up.