News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The "Derby player" just wonder if a change of mind....?

Started by AnotherVicHalomLoveChild, February 25, 2017, 11:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

So sadly Piazon out for how long...?

Ayite also injured,,, how bad...?

Over to you Martin, time for a re think....?

Maybe - given we are above Derby & possibly have the better chance of making the play offs...?

Given ANY player would want the opportunity to try & test themselves against the best - i.e. in the Premiership

How about it Martin...?

How about it Slavisa...?

Given our  options are so limited what with failure to make alternative signings in January

Time to talk the talk, walk the walk Joka & Martin

Perhaps you are both worth playing the "blind hand," after all what's the alternative?

Forward options now severely restricted so Joka maybe motivate him (after all you decided to keep him on the payroll) & see how he can respond to a different possibility / challenge

FFC above Derby surely? 

IF we made the play offs then surely things can change?

Otherwise why the hell did we keep him?

Given the injuries today time for a re think & play the Joker card?

Joka / Martin - you CAN do it!

COYW!

H4usuallysitting

It looks from afar that snide martin was kept, as a sign of strength within the club......after snide decided to once again grace us with his efforts, he had one good game then looked bored - about the same time Derby offered him a new contract......our goals come from all over the place - hopefully our club now has enough depth to leave snide wallowing in his own self pity

davew

FORGET IT!!! I thought he would be selected today after playing the other night, but something happened in the last couple of days for Joka to not even select him in the squad, Martin was not injured so why wasn't he even on the bench?? If you think our final hand is throwing in Chris Martin, I would rather throw in the towel or t...w up! As it happens I was hoping he would make an appearance today, but enough is enough, we have seen player power at Leicester as I said forget it!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 25, 2017, 11:08:46 PM
It looks from afar that snide martin was kept, as a sign of strength within the club......after snide decided to once again grace us with his efforts, he had one good game then looked bored - about the same time Derby offered him a new contract......our goals come from all over the place - hopefully our club now has enough depth to leave snide wallowing in his own self pity
But we don't have enough depth, but surely we won't give Martin another chance to mess up where we are trying to get to? The guy is totally stupid, his best chance (as it is turning out) of PL football next season was/is with us, not Derby, perhaps he has been offered a secret deal with 1 of the other top 6 contenders to muck us all up?

davew

Quote from: Statto on February 26, 2017, 12:29:05 AM
i've said for a while, the best outcome for us in this situation, whether we admit it or not, is that martin decides he really wants to play for us. lately he's not been putting the effort in so fair enough, drop him, but maybe as it becomes clear(er) that derby aren't getting in the play-offs this year, he'll pin his colours to our mast. he is still a good striker at this level and would be like a new signing for the run-in
Which is what I was trying to say in a roundabout way (late at night)! If he is for us, then we need him!

Forever Fulham

If he'll only put a shift in when he thinks his old club will not get promoted, and that we still could, I don't want anyone like that around the other players, infecting them with such cynical behaviour.  He is supposed to be a professional, earning his pay.  Fully earning it by trying his best every game, not phoning it in because he has landing and feathered bed somewhere else.  I gave him the benefit of the doubt once.  No more.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, ______________.

hovewhite

A bad apple leave him where he is. Play neeskins or cyriac.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: Forever Fulham on February 26, 2017, 05:34:01 AM
If he'll only put a shift in when he thinks his old club will not get promoted, and that we still could, I don't want anyone like that around the other players, infecting them with such cynical behaviour.  He is supposed to be a professional, earning his pay.  Fully earning it by trying his best every game, not phoning it in because he has landing and feathered bed somewhere else.  I gave him the benefit of the doubt once.  No more.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, ______________.

Correct. Anyone who thinks he should be given another chance is nuts. After yesterday, there is clearly something else going on behind the scenes, which makes it even worse. The guy, when playing well, is also bang average, so whats the fuss all about ? Let him rot, and send him back after our game at Pride Park. The team has been performing with more guts and cohesion since he was binned.

FFCFOREVER

You just cant trust the guy to give 100 per cent for the cause and that for me is enough to keep leaving him out of the squad.We need players who want to play for the badge and he definitely does not come in this category.

Jem

Quote from: Forever Fulham on February 26, 2017, 05:34:01 AM
Totally agree. I do not want to see him in a Fulham shirt again.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Slaphead in Qatar

filham

We have been lucky up to now with injuries and I think we have cover for Ayite and Piazon.
More serious would have been injuries to McDonald, Cairney or Johanson.

No need to consider a place for the Derby man while Kebano and Cyriac are available.

toshes mate

I have always believed SJ is the kind of coach who selects his best eleven for every game based on whatever criteria he uses and his working relationships with his fellow coaches.  Up until the end of the last window I believe he played Martin on the basis that a fifty percent Martin was better than 100% of anyone else.  That situation has recently changed as other squad players have clearly demonstrated they are better options, meaning there are players who will give SJ a better performance than 50% Martin and that is good news all round.  Martin now has to catch the eye of his coaches if he want to play or even get on the bench.  That is as it has been all along except now Mr Want-Away has something to prove and that is, in a nutshell, the question - is there anything really going on between your ears, Chris?

dannyboi-ffc

Listening to Jim it sounded as if we were most dominant in the final 10mins when Ayite and Piazon were already off.  We signed Cyriac on loan so we might as well bloody use him or it was pointless. He needs game time to get some confidence and works much harder for the team than Martin.

I think we have more chance of winning with Parker up front. Martin has had 3 chances and as far as I'm concerned he's a complete t#sser and a waste of space. 10 points out of 12 without him suggests we don't need him at all.

I'll tell ya who does though, Derby and thanks to the strength of Jokanovic we have ruined Derbys season, ruined Martins season and by dropping him saved ours!

Get well soon Piazon and Floyd. Time for Cyriac to shine!!!

COYW!!!!!!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

hovewhite

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 26, 2017, 10:24:15 AM
Listening to Jim it sounded as if we were most dominant in the final 10mins when Ayite and Piazon were already off.  We signed Cyriac on loan so we might as well bloody use him or it was pointless. He needs game time to get some confidence and works much harder for the team than Martin.

I think we have more chance of winning with Parker up front. Martin has had 3 chances and as far as I'm concerned he's a complete t#sser and a waste of space. 10 points out of 12 without him suggests we don't need him at all.

I'll tell ya who does though, Derby and thanks to the strength of Jokanovic we have ruined Derbys season, ruined Martins season and by dropping him saved ours!

Get well soon Piazon and Floyd. Time for Cyriac to shine!!!

COYW!!!!!!
Agree danny 100% go put him in slav.

ffc73

Aluko, Ayite, Cyraic, Kebano & Piazon all fit = Martin not required

1 of the 5 injured = Martin needs to be considered as an option

2 of the 5 injured = Martin should be an option we use

The other problem is that Martin is the only striker we have that offers something different.  That alone should get him splinters on the bench each game.  The Bogle, Abraham, Zohare etc option that Kline and Talbot must be working on now for an early summer purchase.

dannyboi-ffc

Button

Odoi       Kalas     Ream       Sess

McD

Fred      Cairney  Johansen      Aluko

Cyriac

My line up for Preston. You've still got the option of Sess pushed up and Malone off the bench. Or the other way around.

Still got Kebano to come on. As long as Ayite isn't out for more than a game or so then I don't want to see us ever turn to Martin as our saviour.

If Joka brings Martin back in then I'll go along with his judgement but I will always be thinking what if he plays terrible again instead of what if he makes a difference.

We need to give Cyriac a chance

By the Way, that formation above could easily become 532 with Fred and Sess as wing backs
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Neil D

Quote from: FFC73 on February 26, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

The other problem is that Martin is the only striker we have that offers something different.  That alone should get him splinters on the bench each game.
I agree.  Basically, our quartet of Africans are all clones of each other.  Aluko is the best; the others are essentially Alukos Mk2, 3 and 4.  If SJ is faced with an intractable, tactical conundrum which, say Aluko and Ayite cannot resolve, it's unlikely that Kebano and Cyriac will offer something significantly different.  That's why, I would keep a place on the bench for Martin.

Also, I was disappointed by the ease with which Cyriac was forced off the ball yesterday.  I had expected something more from him in this regard.

One Martin Thomas

With Derby's playoffs breathing their last, Martin should look at the lads around him and do a job for them until season's end. Needs to be on bench as a minimum. No choice now.

filham

If both Ayite and Piazon are unfit there still is really no room for Martin:-
                                                          Button
                         Fredericks        Kallas            Ream           Malone

McDonald        Johanson

Aluko           Cairney          Kebano

Cyriac   

If Cyriac needs to be substituted then Sessegnon comes off the bench to replace Kebano who moves up top.