more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (04/03/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, March 04, 2017, 07:54:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Best is yet to come from Fulham loanees in Burton Albion's Championship run-in

Burton Albion will see the best of Lasse Vigen Christensen and Cauley Woodrow now the pair are getting back up to full match fitness. The on-loan Fulham pair joined the Brewers in late January for the rest of the season, having played very little first-team football for the Cottagers over the 2016/17 season.

The Brewers were keen to sign both players and both have made a good impact in their first month with the club - Christensen becoming a key creator in the centre of the pitch or out wide, and Woodrow has netted twice for the Brewers in five games.

Before joining Albion, neither midfielder Christensen nor striker Woodrow had not played a game for Fulham since their 2-1 defeat to Bristol City in the EFL Cup on September 28.

Lasse Vigen Christensen in action for Burton Albion against Blackburn Rovers

Manager Nigel Clough had spoken of the importance of both players, as well as fellow January loanees Michael Kightly and Luke Murphy, getting up to speed quickly, but Christensen says he appreciates Clough understanding that necessity, and believes he and Fulham teammate Woodrow will only get better from here on.

"For me it was important to come here and get that game time, and get someone who believes I can go out there," said Christensen. "I think everyone knew that me and Cauley came without playing a lot of first-team football this season so we needed someone to put us in there and get up to speed.

"We're seeing now that, for me and Cauley, we're only going to get better from now towards the end of that season. It was important to have someone who would support that change to playing every week, knowing you're not going to be at your best in each and every game right from the start.

"But then you find your stride and hopefully you can show how good you are."

Danish under-21 international Christensen has enjoyed being back in the first-team fold as the Brewers battle against relegation, notching a couple of assists in his brief spell with the club thus far.

"So far it's been great," said the 22-year-old. "We came in towards the end of the transfer window and at the start it's always a bit hectic, I suppose.

"We've settled in really well, me and Cauley. We both came in from Fulham together so that was a big help.

"Coming here to a club where everyone is down to earth and fighting for the same goal, it's been very easy to get into that rhythm of trying to win every game to keep Burton Albion in the Championship."

Lasse Vigen Christensen fires at goal for Burton Albion against Blackburn Rovers

And having a teammate like Woodrow, who like Christensen was with Fulham as a youngster, is only helping.

"This is my first loan spell so I haven't really tried it before," he added. "But I would think when you go away to a place, you kind of have each other to lean on and it's new for both of you.

"So you have someone there who knows the situation you're in, where everything is new, and you can share that first few weeks where everything is up in the air and you don't really know where to go to speak to people.

"That's quite nice for both of us."

Read more at http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/best-is-yet-to-come-from-fulham-loanees-in-burton-albion-s-championship-run-in/story-30174417-detail/story.html#hokUtQFc04MKLyBw.99

WhiteJC

Grayson - Fulham, Derby & Reading Crucial

Preston's victory over QPR at the weekend brought North End back into potential play-off contention with Simon Grayson aware how important the next couple of weeks could be.

With games against Fulham - at Craven Cottage - this weekend for Gentry Day, a game at Derby's iPro Stadium next week and Reading's visit to Deepdale a week Saturday it could make or break Preston's play-off chances.

Preston's victory over QPR at the weekend brought North End back into potential play-off contention with Simon Grayson aware how important the next couple of weeks could be.

With games against Fulham - at Craven Cottage - this weekend for Gentry Day, a game at Derby's iPro Stadium next week and Reading's visit to Deepdale a week Saturday it could make or break Preston's play-off chances.

Grayson is looking for Preston to keep winning and see where it takes us. He told the Lancashire Evening Post.

'We will keep trying to win matches and see where that takes us. This is a really spirited group and just four defeats in 26 league games shows that we have a consistency about us. I said ahead of the QPR game that I would like us to go on a run of wins and we have won three out of the last four.'

However, Grayson knows these upcoming games could shape our season. The fact Preston would be considered an outsider could benefit North End too.

Grayson added.

'We have got some big games coming up over the next couple of weeks against Fulham, Derby and Reading. They are going to be big games in terms of what the outlook could be for the rest of the season. People on the outside are probably not talking about us, which might suit us.'

These games will be played without Everton loanee Tyias Browning as he'll face six weeks on the sidelines due to a training knee injury. QPR had seen Tommy Spurr recalled with his performance praised.

'I think he looked more comfortable at left-back - like the rest of the team, he grew into the game. To start with, I decided to put Tommy in the middle as he is naturally left-footed. Andy Boyle could have played but I thought having a left-footed player would give us more balance.'

Read more: http://www.pne.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=482494#ixzz4aLFYYdkp

WhiteJC

Fulham's opponents believe they go into the match at Craven Cottage as underdogs despite run of form
Preston come to the Cottage on the back of a run that has seen them only lose once in the league since the turn of the year but Simon Grayson insists they are underdogs on Saturday

Simon Grayson believe his Preston side go into Saturday's game with Fulham as underdogs, despite sitting only a point off the Whites in the Championship table.

The Lilywhites have only lost once since the turn of the year, a 2-0 defeat to Cardiff, in a run that has seen them catapult themselves up the table and into contention for the play-off places.

Fulham come head-to-head with them on Saturday at the Cottage in what is a big game for both sides, with Slavisa Jokanovic's team still hunting down Sheffield Wednesday in the last play-off place themselves.

And Grayson believes that Fulham are a good footballing side that will look to control the possession, although he believes his side aren't under any pressure to win there.

He told the club's official website: "Over the next few weeks we've got some really crucial games with the teams that we are playing against but at this stage of the season every point in every game you play in is vital to seeing how the rest of the season pans out.

"Fulham are obviously a very good footballing team, they've got some good players, scored lots of goals and they have a lot of possession in all of the games they are involved in.

"We go there as the underdogs but we will go there in good spirits after the run that we've been on recently and the performance and hopefully we can get three points to keep that run going.

"There are teams above us, below us and around us who are certainly under more pressure to get results from now until the end of the season because they are expected to be up there and to be further up the division to get promotion. "

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulhams-opponents-believe-go-match-12682088

WhiteJC

Opposition Camp

Simon Grayson told pnefc.net that his Preston North End side feel no added pressure despite sitting just a point below Fulham ahead of Saturday's game.

"There are teams above us, below us and around us who are certainly under more pressure to get results from now until the end of the season because they are expected to be up there and to be further up the division to get promotion.

"We as a group of players will just keep going out, performing to the best we can, work extremely hard, give everything and hopefully those ingredients are going to be good enough to win a game again.

"Over the next few weeks we've got some really crucial games with the teams that we are playing against but at this stage of the season every point in every game you play in is vital to seeing how the rest of the season pans out.

"Fulham are obviously a very good footballing team, they've got some good players, scored lots of goals and they have a lot of possession in all of the games they are involved in.

"We go there as the underdogs but we will go there in good spirits after the run that we've been on recently and hopefully we can get three points to keep that run going."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/march/02/opposition-camp-preston

WhiteJC

Villa Game Televised

Fulham's meeting with Aston Villa at Craven Cottage on Monday 17th April has been chosen for live television coverage on Sky Sports.

The Sky Bet Championship fixture on Easter Monday has not changed dates, but will now kick-off at the slightly earlier time of 2.45pm.

Tickets for this game are currently available to purchase on General Sale, priced from just £25 for adults and £15 for juniors

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/march/02/villa-game-televised

WhiteJC

Arsenal favourites to beat Chelsea to young star: Barcelona are also interested - Bookies

ARSENAL are favourites to sign Fulham left-back Ryan Sessegnon this summer, according to the bookies.

Arsenal are the favourites to sign Ryan Sessegnon this summer

The youngster has been linked with a number of big clubs after impressing for the Cottagers this season.

And the Gunners are the favourites to land the England Under-17 before September 1 according to Betfair.

Arsene Wenger's side are 3/1 to land Sessegnon with Chelsea the next closest at 11/2.

Arsenal's full-back play has been underwhelming this season while Marcos Alonso is thought to battling a long term injury at Stamford Bridge, which could leave Sessegnon a decent prospect for both clubs.

Manchester City are 6/1 for the signing as Pep Guardiola looks to overhaul one of the oldest squads in the Premier League, with Barcelona (9/1), Manchester United (12/1) and Liverpool (12/1) also in the running.

Ryan Sessegnon
Ryan Sessegnon has put in a number of good performances for Fulham this season

The 16-year-old is set to be one of Europe's hottest commodities this summer

Both United and Liverpool have question marks over the left-back position as Luke Shaw remains in Jose Mourinho's dog house and converted midfielder James Milner fills the slot for Jurgen Klopp.

Sessegnon is odds on to leave Fulham by the end of the summer transfer window at 1/3.

The Evening Standard reports that a huge number of big clubs have already scouted the defender, so it looks like Fulham will have no shortage of suitors in the coming months.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/592999/Arsenal-transfer-news-Gunners-favourites-sign-Ryan-Sessegnon-this-summer-Chelsea-Barcelona

WhiteJC

Burton Albion have the quality and fight to survive in the Championship - Christensen

Burton Albion not only have the quality to survive in the Championship, but Lasse Vigen Christensen believes they have shown they can perform the "scrappy, horrible" side of the game when they need to. The on-loan Fulham midfielder has notched three assists in his first six games with the Brewers since signing on loan from Fulham towards the end of the January transfer window.

Last week, the Brewers followed up a 2-1 win over Norwich City with a goalless draw at Derby County and a 1-1 tie at home to an impressive Blackburn Rovers. In those two draws, Albion had to be defensively resolute and grind out a point, taking a total of five from their run of three games in less than a week.

And Christensen, who has started all six of his games for Albion having not played for Fulham since September, thinks the experience some of Albion's squad have of back-to-back promotions will also stand them in good stead.

"I think it's a squad that is very, very good," said the Danish under-21 international. "Players that have a lot of experience, players that have been on a high coming from two promotions.

"I do think when you're out there training, you are looking around and see a lot of good players. I think that even in my short time here we have that resilience and fight-back, and in some of the games we haven't played as well as we liked or can, we had to be a bit scrappy and a bit horrible but we had that in us as well.

"I do think that we have a very good chance if we carry on as we are doing to pick up the points necessary to stay in the league."

Christensen has been involved in a Championship relegation scrap before, with Fulham struggling following relegation from the Premier League and recording finishes of 17th and 20th in their first two seasons back in the second tier.

The 22-year-old made 29 and 31 appearances in each respective season for the Cottagers, and feels Albion - with less expectation on their shoulders than Fulham had and have now - have an advantage in their own battle against the drop.

"I've kind of been in the unfortunate situation at Fulham where we got dragged into it, late season," added Christensen. "I think that's a lot harder for teams who are mid-table looking to push for the play-offs or whatever, but have a had run late on in the season.

"The mentality changes from looking up to looking down. For Burton it's a massive achievement to stay in the Championship so all season they've been focused on this goal.

"It's a good thing for us that we've been in the knowledge that we'd probably have to fight until the end of the season. It can be tough but here the aim is to stay in the league and that makes it a little bit easier than some of the teams that have been looking to push on for promotion earlier in the season and now have to start changing mentality.

"I found that quite tough at Fulham."

The Brewers, currently 19th in the table, take on 21st-placed Bristol City at Ashton Gate tomorrow (3pm) looking for more points in their relegation battle.

Read more at http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/burton-albion-have-the-quality-and-fight-to-survive-in-the-championship-christensen/story-30175328-detail/story.html#AmM7uecQLXlcq5sD.99

WhiteJC

Sone and Eniola Aluko up for awards

London life is treating the Aluko family well. Sone took something of a gamble in moving to the capital last summer, turning down offers from clubs higher up the football pyramid to join Fulham.

The chance to live and work near his sister Eniola was too good to resist; a chance to reunite siblings who  were once inseparable but forced apart by the differing trajectories of their professional careers.

Both emerged at Birmingham City, having moved to the Midlands as youngsters after their Nigerian parents had emigrated from Lagos to London with Eniola less than a year old.

Sone was born in Hounslow but had spent his entire career away from the capital until last year, taking in spells at Aberdeen, Blackpool, Rangers and Hull City, while Eniola left Birmingham for London before embarking on stints in the United States at St Louis Athletica, Atlanta Braves and New Jersey outfit Sky Blue FC.

Since 2012, Eniola has been at Chelsea Ladies where she has become one of the country's most respected women's players. Sone's maiden season in London has so far vindicated his decision to shun other clubs and the pair's achievements have been recognised with separate nominations at tonight's London Football Awards.

"It is better that I am a bit older now that I'm playing down here because there are a lot of distractions down here that I didn't have in Hull, Aberdeen or even Glasgow," Sone told Standard Sport.

"I feel very much at home here. This is the best I've played in a few years because I'm so comfortable with my family around me.

"When I joined Fulham, I said this was a team that was good enough to make the play-offs. I've been lucky enough to be promoted twice and I think this is the strongest team I have played in, in this league. When I said it after I joined, people giggled but now, one place outside the play-off places in March, it is very much a possibility."

Sone is shortlisted for Football League Player of the Year at this evening's awards, which generates funds for Willow — the only national charity  providing Special Days for seriously ill 16-40-year-olds.

Eni will defend her Women's Player of the Year gong from 12 months ago, despite the most challenging year of her career. She has fallen out of favour for England since earning her 100th cap but believes finishing last year's campaign as the Women Super League 1 top goalscorer is proof she is still worthy of consideration.

"You just want to play well and do your best," she said. "Sometimes along the line, that gets mixed up in professional sport with all the politics of 'he said, she said' and 'this manager doesn't like this player' and 'this player doesn't like this manager'.

But ultimately, if you are performing, you can look yourself in the mirror and hold your head up high.

"The most difficult thing has been not being able to explain to people why it ended so abruptly [her England career].

"It is not something I wake up in cold sweats about, I am very much a person that looks forward to the next challenge on and off the pitch. Some amazing things have happened to me so I'd be doing myself an injustice if I cry about certain things that have happened."

Such defeatism is not in their nature. Nor is sibling rivalry. "That's the way we've been raised," said Eniola.

"One of the reasons why we have had success individually is because we've been focused on ourselves and what we've needed to do to climb the ladder. We used to play tennis together when younger and we were always side-by-side in whatever we were doing."

Sone added: "When one of us wins, we both win because it reflects well on the family."

Eniola, who turned 30 last month, is already planning for life after football. 

After returning from the US, Eniola fast-tracked studying for a law degree at Brunel University and has worked on cases involving Frankie Boyle and One Direction; no fixed retirement date has been set.

Only yesterday, she appeared at an event in which she underlined to sportsmen and women the importance of planning for a life after sport.

Forward planning runs in the family. "I'm a 'big picture' person so I am always looking two years ahead, five years ahead and think, 'Where do I want to be?'," said Sone.

"I've learned from just watching how Eni performs. She has an underdog mentality going into every season, thinking whatever success she had last season was not enough so you have to go again."

Eniola has also learned from Sone, who is two years her junior.

"With Sone being in the men's game, there is an awful lot of pressure, competition and politics sometimes with contracts going round," she added.

"He has always advised me to just be focused on the football and that will always do the talking. Little things can get to you but whatever it is, he has been calm about some of his adversities so I look up to him for that.

"The family was so happy when he moved to London because we can see him a lot more. Even on Christmas Day, he can just pop over. It is really cool we are both in London forging our careers."

http://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/news/sone-and-eniola-aluko-up-for-awards.aspx

WhiteJC

Deal Close? Boss responds to transfer rumours about 'excellent' £15m sensation. Liverpool favourites to sign

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic has responded to transfer rumours linking one of his most coveted player with a move to Liverpool.

Last month, The Mirror claimed that Liverpool were tracking Fulham sensation Ryan Sessegnon, and according to the Express this week:

"Liverpool are set to beat Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City to signing of Fulham wonderkid Ryan Sessegnon this summer".

When asked on Wednesday about the transfer speculation, Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic urged the 16-year old to continue his development at Craven Cottage:

"The best thing is for [Sessegnon] to stay with us, keep learning, and keep preparing for a more important step.If he keeps doing what he's doing, he will be at the highest level. He should just enjoy his first days as a professional at this level".

Jokanovic is obviously right, but his words will probably fall on deaf ears. Like so many other young players, £15m-rated Sessegnon probably has pound signs in his eyes, and is probably already salivating over the prospect of buying a ridiculously expensive car, and moving into a stupidly big (and garishly furnished) mansion (just like Raheem Sterling did at LFC).

There's (arguably) no developmental reason for a 16-year old to leave when he's playing regular Championship football, but if Sessegnon follows the money to Liverpool (or some other top Premier League side) it'll be his funeral.

http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2017/03/lfc-transfer-news-jokanovic-urges-ryan-sessegnon-to-reject-liverpool.html

WhiteJC

Fulham too strong for Dons

Alan Reeves demands reaction after below-par display

Alan Reeves was disappointed with the performance produced by AFC Wimbledon's youngsters after defeat to Fulham in the Under-23 Premier League Cup group stage today.

The Dons were beaten 2-0 in a behind-closed-doors match held at Chelsea FC's training ground and Alan said that his side produced an uncharacteristic performance, lacking the energy and tempo that has been their hallmark this season.

"Normally the boys turn up and have a proper go, getting in the faces of the opposition, but today they (Fulham) could do what they liked," said Alan. "I hope it hurts them as much as it hurt me. The boys seemed to be down afterwards and we need a reaction in the next game.

"We showed them (Fulham) too much respect and it turned into the game they wanted, rather than what we wanted. They were trying to play the ball out from the back and they did not care if they went backwards with it. We did not do enough of what we are good at, which is playing at a high tempo and pressing. We did not play into George Oakley up front enough and when we did have chances to create something, we did not take them. They were better than us."

The 2-0 win rounded off an impressive group performance from Fulham as they are now guaranteed top spot.

Fulham started off on top and their pressure paid off in the 35th minute when Jon Dagur Thorsteinsson set-up Elijah Adebayo and he finished clinically to make it 1-0.  That did produce a good response from Wimbledon with a chance to hit back following as Egli Kaja's cross found Toyosi Olusanya, but he headed over the crossbar.

A goal from George Williams 11 minutes from time effectively sealed it for Fulham and Wimbledon missed the chance of a consolation when substitute Jayden Antwi's penalty was saved by Taye Ashby-Hammond.

AFC Wimbledon: Nik Tzanev, Johnville Renee-Pringle, Paul Kalambayi, Toby Sibbick, Seth Owens, Egli Kaja, Dan Gallagher (Judah Chapman), Alfie Egan, Neset Bellikli (Reece Williams-Bowers), Toyosi Olusanya, George Oakley (Jayden Antwi).

Read more at http://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/fulham-too-strong-for-dons-3605262.aspx#mHBJIo1MuWPtJeCP.99

WhiteJC

Fulham's Tom Cairney named EFL Player of the Year at 2017 London Football Awards

Fulham vice-captain Tom Cairney has been crowned EFL Player of the Year at the 2017 London Football Awards.

The 26-year-old sees off competition from team-mate Sone Aluko, QPR's Alex Smithies, Barnet striker John Akinde and Scott Hogan, formerly of Brentford but now at Aston Villa.

Cairney's form from midfield has been crucial to Fulham's push for a play-off position this season as they sit five points off the pace with a game in hand on sixth-placed Sheffield Wednesday.

The former Hull City and Blackburn man has supplied seven goals, and added a further nine assists, so far this term, prompting a £20 million price tag to be placed on his head.

Cairney has often worn the Fulham captain armband this season, with first-choice skipper Scott Parker reduced to a bit-part role due to his advancing years.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulhams-tom-cairney-named-efl-player-of-the-year-at-2017-london-football-awards-a3480186.html

WhiteJC

Cairney's Award

Tom Cairney was named English Football League Player of the Year at the London Football Awards on Thursday evening.

The Fulham man beat off competition from teammate Sone Aluko, Queens Park Rangers' Alex Smithies, ex-Brentford man Scott Hogan, and John Akinde of Barnet at the Battersea Evolution ceremony.

Cairney has enjoyed a productive campaign so far as the Whites continue to push hard for a Play-Off spot, scoring seven times and laying on a further 10 assists.

He has also been the team's captain for the majority of our fixtures this term, and won the Sky Bet Championship's Goal of the Month competition for December following his stunning volley at Wolverhampton Wanderers.

It is the second successive year that a Fulham man has been given the accolade, after Moussa Dembélé took home the trophy last season.

Cairney wasn't the only Fulham representative to win an award, as the night ended with the Foundation winning Community Project of the Year for their 'Through The Gate' programme.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/march/02/cairneys-award

WhiteJC

Cairney named London EFL Footballer of the Year
by Dan on March 2, 2017

Fulham midfielder Tom Cairney has been named as the English Football League Player of the Year at tonight's London Football Awards.

The Whites skipper follows in the footsteps of former Fulham team-mate Moussa Dembele who also claimed the prodigious award in his final season at the Cottage. Cairney, who has flourished since being moved to a central midfield role by Slavisa Jokanovic this term, has scored seven times and made ten goals as Fulham make a late push for a place in the Championship play-offs.

Cairney, who was presented with his award at the Battersea Evolution centre by Fulham and England legend George Cohen, triumphed over a strong field that included his Fulham team-mate Sone Aluko, QPR goalkeeper Alex Smithies, the former Brentford striker Scott Hogan and Barnet forward John Akinde.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2017/03/cairney-named-london-efl-footballer-of-the-year/

WhiteJC

Paul Konchesky signs for Billericay

Seventh-tier side Billericay Town have signed former Fulham left-back Paul Konchesky from Gillingham.

The 35-year-old defender, capped twice by England, has made 627 professional appearances since his debut for Charlton Athletic in 1997.

Konchesky's clubs also included West Ham, Fulham and Liverpool among others, before he left Leicester City for League One Gillingham in the summer.

He has only featured twice since Ady Pennock became Gills boss in January.

Konchesky is expected to make his debut for Billericay at Harlow Town on Saturday.

http://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/news/paul-konchesky-signs-for-billericay.aspx

WhiteJC

Grayson demands PNE's finest

Simon Grayson wants a smart performance from Preston at Fulham tomorrow to mark the fans being in their Gentry finery.

More than 2,600 PNE fans will be at Craven Cottage to celebrate Gentry Day and Grayson is targeting a victory to help the occasion go with a swing.

Three points would see North End leapfrog their hosts in the pack underneath the play-off places, underlining the significance of the game in addition to events in the away section.

"We will be going there to try and win the game," said Grayson.

"Fulham don't hold back with the way they play, they push plenty of bodies up, so it should be a good game.

"It is Gentry Day, there will be a lot of Preston fans going down there and hopefully it is a good day like the one we had at Bolton last year.

"Our away support has been fantastic, they are there in their numbers every week.

"Gentry Day is unique to this club to celebrate what has happened in the past with the suits and bowler hats.

More than 2,600 PNE fans will be at Craven Cottage to celebrate Gentry Day and Grayson is targeting a victory to help the occasion go with a swing.

Three points would see North End leapfrog their hosts in the pack underneath the play-off places, underlining the significance of the game in addition to events in the away section.

"Fulham don't hold back with the way they play, they push plenty of bodies up, so it should be a good game.

"It is Gentry Day, there will be a lot of Preston fans going down there and hopefully it is a good day like the one we had at Bolton last year. "Our away support has been fantastic, they are there in their numbers every week.

"Gentry Day is unique to this club to celebrate what has happened in the past with the suits and bowler hats.

"Hopefully someone can capture a picture of a player celebrating the winner with a bowler hat on.

"When I first came to the club I didn't know anything about this but now that I've been here for four years you get to understand it and know what it means to the supporters connected with it.

"It's nice to have something unique in football and it would make it an even more special day if we get a result."

As well as the usual train, coach and car, 200 fans are making the trip along the Thames by boat.

More than 2,600 PNE fans will be at Craven Cottage to celebrate Gentry Day and Grayson is targeting a victory to help the occasion go with a swing. Three points would see North End leapfrog their hosts in the pack underneath the play-off places, underlining the significance of the game in addition to events in the away section.

"It is Gentry Day, there will be a lot of Preston fans going down there and hopefully it is a good day like the one we had at Bolton last year. "Our away support has been fantastic, they are there in their numbers every week.

"Hopefully someone can capture a picture of a player celebrating the winner with a bowler hat on.

"When I first came to the club I didn't know anything about this but now that I've been here for four years you get to understand it and know what it means to the supporters connected with it.

"It's nice to have something unique in football and it would make it an even more special day if we get a result." As well as the usual train, coach and car, 200 fans are making the trip along the Thames by boat.

Selection wise, North End will have Ben Pearson back in action after a groin strain kept him out of the QPR game.

Who will play at right-back or whether Grayson goes with a system which does not require one, is an interesting situation.

He started 3-4-1-2 against QPR, Aiden McGeady playing behind the strikers.

At half-time they returned to 4-4-2, Greg Cunningham filling in at right-back, with McGeady on the left wing and Daryl Horgan on the right.

There is the option to move Tom Clarke to right-back and give Andy Boyle the nod in the centre of defence.

Chris Maxwell will make his 27th successive league start in the PNE goalkeeper's jersey, having signed a new contract yesterday.

The Welshman put pen to paper on a year's extension to his current deal, keeping him at PNE until summer 2020.

"This club is desperate to get to the Premier League and that is something I've always wanted," said Maxwell.

"Hopefully it can be done this season through the 
play-offs or if not, this is a bridge to an exciting season next time."

Read more at: http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/grayson-demands-pne-s-finest-1-8417792

WhiteJC

Focus on Fulham v PNE

Slavisa Jokanovic

MEET THE BOSS: Slavisa Jokanovic

The Serbian took the Fulham head coach job in December 2015 and recently signed a new contract which runs until June 2019.

He guided Watford to promotion to the Premier League in May 2015 but did not get the chance to lead them in the top flight, with Quique Sánchez Flores replacing him that summer.

Jokanovic, who had a two-year spell as a player with Chelsea, started his coaching career in Serbia with Partizan. The 48-year-old has also worked at clubs in Thailand, Bulgaria, Spain and Israel.

MEET THE REF: Simon Hooper

The Wiltshire referee will take charge of a Preston game for the fourth time this season when they face Fulham at Craven Cottage. The three so far have all resulted in wins, against Bournemouth, Bristol City and Brighton. This will be the 34th game of the campaign that Mr Hooper has overseen, the latest being Aston Villa's clash with Bristol City. This is his ninth season on the Football League list and he has had one appointment in the Premier League.

THIS WEEK...

36 years ago: On February 28, 1981, Preston beat Chelsea 1-0 at Deepdale. Alex Bruce, on as a substitute for Peter Sayer, scored the winner in the second half.

30 years ago: Goals from Gary Brazil and John Thomas gave North End a 2-1 victory over Exeter City at St James's Park on March 4, 1987. It formed part of a 16-game unbeaten run in the league.

22 years ago: On March 4, 1995, David Beckham made his PNE debut after moving to Deepdale on loan from Manchester United. The teenager scored direct from a corner in a 2-2 draw, Simon Davey also on target.

19 years ago: David Moyes got his first league win as PNE boss, Michael Appleton and Simon Davey scoring in a 2-0 victory at Bournemouth.

Read more at: http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/focus-on-fulham-v-pne-1-8417393

WhiteJC

Fulham v Preston North End
SAT, 04 Mar 2017Championship
Venue: Craven Cottage

Fulham captain Tom Cairney has scored seven league goals this season
BBC coverage
How to follow:
    Final Score; BBC Radio 5 live, BBC local radio; live text commentary on the BBC Sport website

Fulham forward Lucas Piazon suffered a broken jaw in their draw at Cardiff City and faces a lengthy layoff.

Thanos Petsos has a calf problem, while forward Floyd Ayite is expected to miss the next two games with a knock.

Preston midfielder Ben Pearson has trained this week and is expected to return from his groin strain.

Tyias Browning (knee), Marnick Vermijl (hernia) and Alex Baptiste (knee) are out, so Greg Cunningham is expected to play at right-back.

Match facts
    Fulham have won five and drawn two of their last eight league games against Preston (L1), recording victories in each of the last two.
    Preston, however, are undefeated in their two league trips to Craven Cottage in the 21st Century (W1 D1), last losing there in May 1999.
    Fulham haven't been involved in a goalless draw at Craven Cottage in a league game since August 2011 against Aston Villa - all 118 games since have seen at least one goal scored.
    Tom Cairney needs one more assist for double figures in the Championship this season - he's assisted three of Fulham's last four league goals.
    Preston have only lost one of their last 11 league games (W5 D5) and are unbeaten in 2017 (W3 D2).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39086355

WhiteJC

Season Tickets On Sale

Be part of London's original football club.

Ahead of the 2016/17 campaign we promised to take you with us on a journey - a journey which promised more. To date, on the pitch we've experienced an upturn in performances and results, and subsequently a healthier position in the league table. Under Slaviša Jokanović we're witnessing an entertaining style of football, and rest assured that between now, the end of the season, and beyond, everyone at the Club will be striving to bring the good times back to SW6.

Our great Club is made up of many things, not least your unwavering support. We recognise this loyalty, and want to ensure that you continue this journey with us.

As such, Season Tickets prices for the 2017/18 campaign have been frozen until 5pm Monday 10th April. Supporters who purchase during this Early Bird window will be able to enjoy next season's football at this season's prices.

We hope you'll choose to join us. If you do, we'll continue to deliver more than 90 minutes; providing an accessible price point alongside the warmest welcome, a fun, friendly atmosphere and exciting football.
We are London's original football club. We are Fulham Football Club.

Renewal packs are currently being readied for despatch and will arrive with all supporters within the next few weeks. Alternatively, Season Tickets can be renewed or purchased online today.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/march/03/season-tickets-on-sale

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic vows to 'fight' to keep Tom Cairney, Ryan Sessegnon and Sone Aluko

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic will ask the club's board not to cash in on their best players if they fail to win promotion.

Tom Cairney, Ryan Sessegnon and Sone Aluko are just three members of the squad wanted by other teams in the summer.

Jokanovic, whose side are five points off the play-offs ahead of tomorrow's clash against Preston, said: "I will fight to keep them. I want my best players to stay and be competitive next season.

"But this is a business. I can only push on the football side. The final decision is made by the board."

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-boss-slavisa-jokanovic-vows-to-fight-to-keep-tom-cairney-ryan-sessegnon-and-sone-aluko-a3481066.html

WhiteJC

Great Expectations

Tom Cairney's excellent season hit new heights on Thursday night when he was crowned Football League Player of the Year at the London Football Awards 2017.

Fresh from a yoga class, Cairney sat down with the official matchday programme to discuss what could be a season-defining month for Fulham.

"It's going to be an exciting month and everyone in the squad is going to be needed," he says ahead of this weekend's clash with fellow promotion hopefuls Preston North End. "The fans can play a big part, too. We're definitely not giving up, we've got a game in hand as well. We can do it.

"We just have to keep hunting those teams above us down and I really do believe that if we can get in that top six, we'll stay there."

To read the full interview with Cairney, in which he discusses his award, captaincy, knee-slides, and broken-down coaches, pick up a programme on Saturday.

Other highlights from the matchday magazine include:

Chairman Shahid Khan welcomes the Club's recent off-the-pitch business
    Head Coach Slaviša Jokanović and skipper Scott Parker pen their latest columns
    Neeskens Kebano dishes the dirt on his Whites teammates
    Eddie Lewis looks back on his spells at both Fulham and Preston
    Gary Barnett revisits his eventful stay in SW6
    We continue our countdown of '100 Memorable Moments' in the Club's history
    And Rodney McAree picks the best XI he played with during his stint at the Cottage

Priced £3.50, the programme is available along Stevenage Road from two hours before kick-off. Or order it online from ProgrammeMaster.

For just £1.99, the programme is also available as a digital download on your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, PC or Mac via Apple's Newsstand or Pocketmags from 9am on Saturday.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/march/03/cairney-programme-preston