watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I have just watched the recording of the Blackburn game

Started by The Swan, March 19, 2017, 10:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

I have just watched the Sky recording of the Blackburn game and I am surprised no has mentioned Chris Martin role in the penalty.
Martin had the ball just inside the Blackburn half and he was trying to get past their player. He cocked it up and lost the ball. The Blackburn player ran with the ball and passed it forward who was fouled  by Kalas ( a very silly tackle)
If Martin had  passed the ball to a Fulham player we would have never given away a penalty.

Our defending did not improve against Wolves and Jokanovic said that all three goals should not have been conceded.
We have a break before we play away to Rotherham and then Derby.
What are the odds we lose to Rotherham and beat Derby.
The Swan

BedsFFC

Its was mentioned a lot on the night. It did not go unnoticed

Snibbo

What were his options? Were there other players showing, to whom he could have laid it off?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Snibbo on March 20, 2017, 02:30:23 AM
What were his options? Were there other players showing, to whom he could have laid it off?

There were players in support, but not only did he not look up, he appeared to not have any intention of looking up.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

When Martin has a good game in a Fulham shirt I will certainly mention him.

Bill2

Personally, he has been OK, CM that is, but he is not the man for us. I am not sure his heart is in it and let's be fair he didn't want to be here. We should be making an early bid for Tammy Abrahams when Chelsea look to send out their army of players on loan before every other team does. I would say make a bid but not sure we could afford him.

filham

Quote from: Bill2 on March 20, 2017, 12:18:27 PM
Personally, he has been OK, CM that is, but he is not the man for us. I am not sure his heart is in it and let's be fair he didn't want to be here. We should be making an early bid for Tammy Abrahams when Chelsea look to send out their army of players on loan before every other team does. I would say make a bid but not sure we could afford him.
Yes , there is so much doubt about Martin that he has to leave as soon as there is no chance of a play off place.
Abraham would be a tremendous replacement and his enthusiasm alone would be worth the loan fee.

We should be working on an early bid right now.

toshes mate

Quote from: filham on March 20, 2017, 12:38:54 PM
Yes , there is so much doubt about Martin that he has to leave as soon as there is no chance of a play off place.
Abraham would be a tremendous replacement and his enthusiasm alone would be worth the loan fee.

We should be working on an early bid right now.

I've been hoping the transfer team have a range of talent they'll be talking to and about as soon as it is acceptably possible to do so.

toshes mate

Personally, he has been OK, CM that is, but he is not the man for us. I am not sure his heart is in it and let's be fair he didn't want to be here.
Did you witness a gun being held to his head when he signed the loan agreement in August?

nose

Quote from: The Swan on March 19, 2017, 10:11:44 PM
I have just watched the Sky recording of the Blackburn game and I am surprised no has mentioned Chris Martin role in the penalty.
Martin had the ball just inside the Blackburn half and he was trying to get past their player. He cocked it up and lost the ball. The Blackburn player ran with the ball and passed it forward who was fouled  by Kalas ( a very silly tackle)
If Martin had  passed the ball to a Fulham player we would have never given away a penalty.

Our defending did not improve against Wolves and Jokanovic said that all three goals should not have been conceded.

I mentioned it.
He had ages of time to do something sensible with the ball. He had runners available but took so long then was unable to use them, it was pathetic. he was also implicated in the second blackburn goal.

regardless of whether it was martin or A.N.Other. If the ball is lost needlessly/carelessly then that leads to a goal or goal scoring opportunity for the  other team then regardless of where the ball is lost the player concerned needs to be made aware. When we played spurs, the first goal was a sa result of two errors, first the throw in was needlessly given away by malomne (if memory serves) that was quickly taken leading to the cross that kane got to. Some people blamed the central defenders, but in the end they need never have been put in that position.

Sometimes we see forwards showboating or over elaborating with the ball and they end up losing possesion as a result, that means we are open to a counter attack. all that happens is the back four get blamed every time but in the end they are needlesly put under pressure.

Now clearly taken to its logical conclusion one would never chance ones arm at working an opening for fear of losing the ball, but there is a world of difference between trying to be creative and overlaborating/showboating/being too slow/careless  or just plain stupid.

In this case martin had loads of time and opportunity to use the ball but he spectacularly failed. gauinst wolves two of our forwards did much the same over and over but I have been told off for criticising and naming players that should have the aility to do rather better.

MJG

Quote from: The Swan on March 19, 2017, 10:11:44 PM
If Martin had assed the ball to a Fulham player we would have never given away a penalty.

I supoose the question about this is hopw far back in a passage of play do you goto blame a player.
He did have the ball and there was a moment when Kebano and Sess botjh ran forward of him and an inital reaction is a left footed pass forward, but I think body position and speed that they ran past did not give him time to do that. With both the LB and left sided player in front him he could not pass back as McDonald was next bechind him but a player was near him so he tried to turn back forward and got tackled. Even GJ says 'needs dome support'

We might not like Martin but to find fault in everything he does is pushing it for me.

MaidenheadMick

How about blaming Button for lumping the ball up to Martin THREE minutes into added time and seeing it go harmlessly through to the Blackburn keeper.. A minute later the ball is in our net. All he had to do was find touch in their half and the game was won.