watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

International Break

Started by valdeingruo, March 20, 2017, 03:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valdeingruo

The last one killed momentum, this one could very well help us regroup. Let us hope nothing happens to those headed to their respective sides.

This is one of the rare times I appreciate the break, we have been using roughly the same side for awhile now. I am sure there are some legs in need of a bit of a rest.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I agree with you, this break could very much help in using the time to recharge the batteries and regroup, and buy precious time for the Manager to orchestrate an attempt to launch a another charge to break in to the top six.
This appears to be a consequence of having a paper thin squad, which has been caused by not taking adequate provision to ensure any promotion charge is provided for, and cover any injuries etc that may occur, which was more likely to happen than not.
What is dissapointing is that there was an ideal opportunity to avoid this in the January window by bringing in enough cover, and not loaning out and selling players at that time. In fact more players were allowed to go out through the exit door than come in, which this alone I find difficult to comprehend.
What is frustrating is that the club knew well before the window, that this was neccessary , but lack of vision, foresight, qualification and experience, by those running the club, have contributed in being instrumental to the situation we find ourselves in now.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
The good news is that despite the dissapointment of only acrueing one point out of the last two home matches. We are only one point shy of a play off place.
Thank goodness our away results have kept us in the hunt, which gives me encouragement that all is not lost. It's a tough ask, but it can be done, coupled with the fact that the football is not only easy on the eye, but is a pleasure to watch, it's worth the admission fee.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

It maybe joka couldnt get the right players in january,and preferred to wait for those players til summer.
Thnk we have a chance for the play offs which when you think where we were the last couple   of seasons its still been a great season.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: hovewhite on March 20, 2017, 06:43:15 AM
It maybe joka couldnt get the right players in january,and preferred to wait for those players til summer.
Thnk we have a chance for the play offs which when you think where we were the last couple   of seasons its still been a great season.

I have my doubts that the right players were targeted initially, and when the realisation dawned  on the club that this was evident, they did not then leave themselves enough time to provide for an alternative.
Plus it does not excuse the fact that the club still allowed players to leave in the window, preventing the club from using these players as back up. This could be an opportunity lost because of that, and these opportunities do not arise often enough.
Having said that we are still in the hunt, so there still could be a happy ending.

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 20, 2017, 07:05:52 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on March 20, 2017, 06:43:15 AM

I have my doubts that the right players were targeted initially, and when the realisation dawned  on the club that this was evident, they did not then leave themselves enough time to provide for an alternative.
Plus it does not excuse the fact that the club still allowed players to leave in the window, preventing the club from using these players as back up. This could be an opportunity lost because of that, and these opportunities do not arise often enough.
Having said that we are still in the hunt, so there still could be a happy ending.

I agree with both points of view.

Panic set in during the January window perhaps down to the distraction of the Martin saga and how that had been bungled during the summer.  I believe SJ felt Martin could be pressured into trying harder in a Fulham shirt but that has proved a bridge too far, and the alternative solution has been compounded by Piazon's injury misfortune.  As Woolly says the transfers/loans out were reckless stupidity in the light of what didn't happen on the final day of the January window. 

The break is a chance to regroup and refresh.  I expect it to work out in our favour especially if Ayite gets back to full match sharpness.   

Southcoastffc

That's all very well but unless I am wrong we are 'losing':

Cairney, Johansen, Kalas, Kebano, Madl, Martin, Ream and Sigurdsson.   Fingers crossed re injury.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

toshes mate

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 20, 2017, 11:31:40 AM

Cairney, Johansen, Kalas, Kebano, Madl, Martin, Ream and Sigurdsson.   Fingers crossed re injury.

A change is as good as a rest, so they say.  Injuries are a feature of any game whatever the nature of the competition.

filham

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 20, 2017, 11:31:40 AM

So some of our players could return after the break even more tired than they looked on Saturday especially when you think of the travelling involved.

However for those not leaving Fulham what should Jocanovic do with them this week :-

1. A week off to laze around on a warm tropical beach to recoup.
2. A week working in a coal mine to make them aware how well off they are.
3. A week camping on Dartmoor to develop their self sufficiency.
4. A week taking endless penalties and corners at Motspur Park.
5. A week at home doing all the chores so that they realise how boring life can be.
6. A week watching videos of our Tigana team to learn what Jaconovic is aiming for.

I am sure some of us can come up with better suggestions.

We Are Premier League

Its only really Aluko, McD and Fred than will get the break they need. Malone, Odoi and Cyriac are also here but I can't see much of a need for them to rest to be honest, been rotated quite a bit.

Woolly Mammoth

Number 2 and Number 7 for all of them, including Tony Khan and Kline.

Never forget your Roots.