watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How did Cyriac do?

Started by Bassey the warrior, March 20, 2017, 08:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

He got 45 mins, did he do enough to merit a start?

Southcoastffc

IMO yes - he looks like a 'natural' striker.  Came close a couple of times and seems full of energy.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

snarks

He was ok, has looked more dynamic in some of his earlier cameos, but I think he fits well with what Slav is trying to do. A good focal point.

westcliff white

exactly what he is south cost, but do we play ion a style that needs that? thats my issue, you dont generally play a natural striker when playing one up front, it is more of a forward type player (simialr to Martin)

I did think he would start against Wolves though as they are faulry slow at the back, but wasnt to be
Every day is a Fulham day

filham

Cyriac did alright but in all honesty Wolve defence was hardly bothered by our attack.

Cyriac should be chosen well ahead of Martin that's for sure.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: snarks on March 20, 2017, 11:51:37 AM
He was ok, has looked more dynamic in some of his earlier cameos, but I think he fits well with what Slav is trying to do. A good focal point.

Do you think he's better up front than the attacking mids we've been playing there? We are crying out for a finisher as we create so many chances. Could be the difference between promotion or not.

Tonywa

Quote from: The Moose on March 20, 2017, 12:23:42 PM

Do you think he's better up front than the attacking mids we've been playing there? We are crying out for a finisher as we create so many chances. Could be the difference between promotion or not.

He's very similar physically to what we already have, on the evidence so far it's difficult to say as to whether he's a better finisher.  Let's face it, at the moment Martin is the only one we have up front to offer anything different from the rest.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Tonywa on March 20, 2017, 12:45:57 PM
Quote from: The Moose on March 20, 2017, 12:23:42 PM

He's very similar physically to what we already have, on the evidence so far it's difficult to say as to whether he's a better finisher.  Let's face it, at the moment Martin is the only one we have up front to offer anything different from the rest.

That's depressing to hear. Martin doesn't look bothered.
Still annoyed we didn't buy striker in Jan when all our rivals did.

snarks

Physically as said he is similar (to Floyd and Kebano), but he has more spring, and seems to be comfortable being in the middle, rather than being a converted winger.

He certainly has a better presence in the middle than others (save for CM) but has pace too so it seems. I think if you look at the header v Leeds and the goal v Blackburn you get a good idea of what he's about.

I understand the language is an issue and looking at him warming up at half time, it did appear that he lacks a little understanding, what he was doing was accompanied with many hand signals from the coaching staff.

Luka

He did OK.
What was very evident is that he has not got the understanding with the midfield that he might have if he had played more.
He looks lively though, just needs more game time to click with the others.

toshes mate

Quote from: snarks on March 20, 2017, 01:43:39 PM
I understand the language is an issue and looking at him warming up at half time, it did appear that he lacks a little understanding, what he was doing was accompanied with many hand signals from the coaching staff.

My understanding too, a little bit of being told you'll be starting the second half but not knowing what the rules say about where he needed to be.

On his play I find him a refreshing change because for all his similarities to Ayite, Aluko and Kebano, he does seem to have something different in lightning pace and energy for the combat, the absolute opposite of CM playing for Fulham.  In time I think he'll start dragging defenders out of the game with his movement and hassle but it is taking time for him to bed in.  I think he should have started against Wolves because he is largely an unknown quantity.

Neil D

Quote from: Statto on March 20, 2017, 03:17:17 PM
I still think he looks technically and physically very good but he's a striker and he couldn't score during 45 min of (almost) one way traffic against a mediocre defence so IMO it's hard to argue starting him over Martin, who is essentially the opposite (i.e. Looks fat and rubbish but scores often)
Martin does look both of things and used to do the latter.  I find it hard to understand why SJ wanted him in the first place since he doesn't appear to fit in with the style of play he wants.  We have an embarrassment of riches in one type of attacking player - small, fast and nimble - and only Martin who offers something different but seems unlikely to do so now.  I think it's a pity SJ gave up on Smith so easily.