News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

EFL championship team of the year announced- bit early?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, March 20, 2017, 11:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Stockdale

MALONE
Jansson
Dunk
Smith

Knockaert
Shelvey
Mooy

Gayle
Wood
Murray

Interesting team. I'm stunned at Malone but well done to Scott. He's had a good season with a few goals but if you'd told me 1 of our players made this eleven, I think Malone would struggle to make my top 10. Two reasons I can think of for his inclusion, the EFL don't rate Jazz Richards much either and can't believe what a deal we got and because there isn't many high performing left backs out there.

Scott isn't even our guaranteed left back, at least he wasn't before the last two games but now I think Sess has shown he's more suited on the wing at his age. Good luck to Scott and well done, he's got a great attitude and  has been a good addition.

Baffled how Cairney misses out. The rest of our main core you could argue a case for but those picked are up the top of the league so that's probably how the decisions were made. But Cairney missing out is very strange.

4 for Brighton
2 for Newcastle
2 for Huddersfield
2 for Leeds
1 for Fulham

I suppose when you break it down like that it's nice to see Fulham recognised. No Wednesday or Reading players in there. Still suprised Cairney isn't there. Keep the 433 but put Knockaert in the front 3 instead of Murray and Cairney in the midfield trio.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Bill2

With Tom C's pass rate I would have thought he would be nailed on for a mention. Obviously cards don't count otherwise Shelvey would not get a mention.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Bill2 on March 20, 2017, 11:59:03 AM
With Tom C's pass rate I would have thought he would be nailed on for a mention. Obviously cards don't count otherwise Shelvey would not get a mention.

It's gotta be easier playing behind the likes of Gayle compared to Cairney playing most of the time without a striker to feed or even more trying with Martin.

Cairney is the better all round player.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

filham

Pleased for Malone, he should be our left back for the remaining games of the season.
Sessegnon should only be considered for the wide left position or on the bench as an impact sub.

FPT

After last years' abysmal show from the EFL Championship Team of the Season (it had 12 bloody players in it), it shouldn't surprise me that Tom Cairney isn't in. Best midfielder in the division, more assists than Knockaert, more goals and assists than Mooy and Shelvey, more passes than Mooy and Shelvey, better passing accuracy than Mooy and Shelvey and more chances created than Mooy and Shelvey. In no way can you convince me than either player deserves in ahead of Cairney.

As for Malone, it actually doesn't surprise me he's in it because when you actually look at creating your own Team of the Season, it's pretty void for left backs and Malone has been the best of the decent ones. He's done well and I think I'd struggle to pick another divisional left back that would be an upgrade (at least on the seasons form).

The worst thing about Cairney not being the Team of the Season is that it probably foreshadows him not really being in the running for Player of the Season... I don't think he's even been nominated for Player of the Month, let alone winning it. Oh well... I'm sure he'll still bring up a lot of interest this summer, even if the "experts" don't think he's good enough for that team.

hovewhite

westcliff white

is this the team picked by players or journos?
Every day is a Fulham day

toshes mate

Brighton, for what it is worth, have been my team of the season so far.  I cannot say they are the best footballing team in the Championship because they are not, but in terms of accomplishment they have an enviable reputation, built around a core of highly efficient team players.  Dunk has been a mountain of an obstacle in defence, Knockaert a truly talented and effective midfielder with skills in abundance, and Murray just one of those clever players who always seems to know where to be and at the right time.   I don't actually think Stockdale is a great goalkeeper but he is probably better than most anyone else in the Championship.  As for the rest of this EFL team then I suspect the players who were considered but who don't get a mention probably deserved a little better. 

I am not really one for these shambled together 'awards' in any competition, industry or trade because there is just too much politics involved, too much subjectivity, and you seldom see justice done.   I am sure any footballer worth his wages would prefer to be in a successful team than to be selected in such an arbitrary manner.  All the players will get their end of  season reports and many if not most will feel the outcome is a matter for endless debate.  As for the players that have been named how many would be good enough for the PL?

J.Perkins

Malone ain't that bad, but TOTS quality is a bit far fetched. Guessing he's in on the basis that no other LB has shone much either.

As for Cairney, the less praise he gets, the easier it may be to keep him.