more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army

Started by bog, March 21, 2017, 08:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

Quote from: bog on March 26, 2017, 08:35:13 AM
Whatever we say about the authorities they tried to clean up the game by outlawing tackles from behind. Some of these were career threatening. Mind you a lot were under instructions by their managers. I have no time for those old crunchers who had nothing else to their game but I have had a lifelong love of football but through those times there have been parts that I do not like but have had to put up with it. The modern ones being a lack of loyalty with some players but most of all the cheating and diving.   

092.gif

Thank you and good night 

Spot on, bog.  But refereeing has been marginalised by the apparent faddishness of what they are being asked to concentrate on for a certain period of time until the next 'watch for this' comes along as if they will get extra marks every time they spot an infringement of interest as it were.  Part of this has to be the attempt to keep games moving which is to be applauded provided it doesn't mean allowing fouls to go unpunished with words/warnings/cards just because it interferes with the flow.  Referees who control games really effectively are so conspicuous these days you wonder why the authorities don't just clone them and kick the others out. 

bog

Here's another name....Terry Hurlock? I never saw he play for Fulham, but I think he had a rather fearsome reputation? :022:

092.gif

bog

I agree Tosh. On to the officials, to me a top top ref is Michael Oliver. One day he will ref a world cup final. (male)

092.gif

brightster

How about Doug Rouvie he was a nasty one!