watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dissappearing Posts

Started by filham, March 20, 2017, 06:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Has anyone else noticed that when returning to the board after a period of time only the earlier posts of are shown. A gremlin seems to have been at work and rubbed out the later posts.
For instance I seem to be a post short in the current leading thread.

I have had problems handling my computer since Microsoft forced Windows 10 onto me but don't really think I can blame them for this.

Mince n Tatties

Been Gremlins in the works for ages.

Fulham1959

I have to keep refreshing the page to make sure I've got the latest posts.

Woolly Mammoth

It's the work of Witchcraft.☠️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

It depends on how you get to FOF. I have two search whatsits set up and noticed that with Google I get all the latest posts on FOF. On some others I seem to be frozen in time.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Fulham1959 on March 20, 2017, 08:43:06 PM

I have to do that, but it doesn't bother me
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

love4ffc

FoF is not a "live" refreshing website, like say when you are watching a live text website.  In other words you will always have to refresh or hit the "Show unread posts since last visit" located at the top of the page next to your avatar. 

As for disappearing post I have gone into the logs and have found no removal of any post of late.  So not sure what to tell you all about disappearing post. 

Sorry
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Fulham 442

Yes Filham it kept happening to me last week.  I couldn't read any of my replies to posts on my laptop without re-starting it, although I could read them on my phone.  A couple of times I thought I couldn't have hit "post" but when I went to re-write them a message popped up saying I had already posted on the subject!  Also I got messages saying I my session had timed out when it hadn't.  Touch wood all seems to be fine now!

filham

Quote from: Fulham 442 on March 21, 2017, 06:05:49 AM
Yes Filham it kept happening to me last week.  I couldn't read any of my replies to posts on my laptop without re-starting it, although I could read them on my phone.  A couple of times I thought I couldn't have hit "post" but when I went to re-write them a message popped up saying I had already posted on the subject!  Also I got messages saying I my session had timed out when it hadn't.  Touch wood all seems to be fine now!
That is exactly the experience I have been having but hitting refresh seems to be helping.

Lighthouse

Quote from: love4ffc on March 21, 2017, 03:12:22 AM
FoF is not a "live" refreshing website, like say when you are watching a live text website.  In other words you will always have to refresh or hit the "Show unread posts since last visit" located at the top of the page next to your avatar. 

As for disappearing post I have gone into the logs and have found no removal of any post of late.  So not sure what to tell you all about disappearing post. 

Sorry

I never have to refresh using Google.

ffc2004

Whenever I open my bookmark for the site, I have to refresh once it has opened to load the latest posts. Has been the case for the past couple of weeks.

filham

Sorry

You are quite right , I realise now that the posts hadn't really disappeared but were not apparently there. Continual refreshing seems to make the re-appear.

toshes mate

Sorry

Just thought I'd repeat your post so that people will try your wise remedy for themselves.  It is all to do with cookies and how we eat or ignore them.....

Fulham1959

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on March 21, 2017, 12:45:16 AM

Yes, but a couple of months ago there was no need to refresh.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Fulham1959 on March 22, 2017, 12:45:37 PM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on March 21, 2017, 12:45:16 AM

Yes, but a couple of months ago there was no need to refresh.

I still don't have to. So it cannot be a universal problem caused by the type of site FOF is.