watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (21/03/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, March 21, 2017, 07:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Former Brighton and Leeds defender Adam Virgo shares disbelief as Fulham star left out of Championship team of the season

The 11 is dominated by Brighton & Hove Albion players, with Newcastle United, Leeds United, Huddersfield Town and Fulham also represented.

Former Brighton & Hove Albion and Leeds United defender Adam Virgo has shared his disbelief at one player's exclusion from the Championship's team of the season.

The 11 is dominated by Brighton players, with Glenn Murray, Anthony Knockaert, Lewis Dunk and David Stockdale all included.

Leeds United's Chris Wood and Pontus Jansson, Newcastle United's Dwight Gayle and Jono Shelvey, and Huddersfield Town's Aaron Mooy and Tommy Smith also feature, alongside Fulham's Scott Malone.

Yet despite his connection with two of those represented clubs, it is the absence of a Fulham player which has most irked Virgo - now known for his Football League punditry.

"Odd to pick a team of the year mid March. Never easy to do but how @ThomasCairney of @FulhamFC isn't there I will never know!!" Virgo posted on Twitter.

Cairney has scored nine goals and created another 10 from midfield this season, helping Fulham to the brink of a play-off place.

The 25-year-old is said to have attracted interest from league leaders Newcastle ahead of the January transfer window, and saw his form rewarded with a call-up to Gordon Strachan's Scotland squad this month.

Cairney's Fulham teammate Malone is the only player included from outside the current top four of Newcastle, Brighton, Huddersfield and Leeds.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/03/20/former-brighton-and-leeds-defender-adam-virgo-shares-disbelief-a/

WhiteJC

Newcastle to renew interest in Fulham midfielder Tom Cairney this summer

Newcastle remain keen on deal after failing to sign Tom Cairney in January
    Fulham midfielder has impressed in recent weeks, earning Scotland call-up
    Rafa Benitez impressed by Cairney's Man of the Match game against his side
    Fulham want £12m for Cairney and are reluctant to sell Ryan Sessegnon 

Newcastle are keen to revive their bid to sign Fulham midfielder Tom Cairney in the summer.

The 26-year-old was called up to the Scotland squad this week after his performances in the Championship.

His promising displays have also caught the eye of Newcastle United manager Rafa Benitez.

Fulham midfielder Tom Cairney is the subject of renewed interest from Newcastle United

Newcastle made enquiries in January but Fulham were reluctant to sell their player of the year.

Cairney is rated in the £12million bracket by the Cottagers and will not be short of suitors at the end of the season.

He scored Fulham's first goal in their 3-1 demolition of Newcastle last week and ran the game from midfield.

The Scot produced a man of the match display when Fulham beat Newcastle 3-1

His man of the match display cemented Newcastle's belief that he can improve their squad ahead of a possible return to the Premier League.

Fulham are reluctant to sell teammate Ryan Sessegnon despite increasing interest in the talented 16-year-old while Everton are keen on his twin brother Steven.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4331170/Newcastle-United-renew-Tom-Cairney.html#ixzz4bwSylkMv
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Newcastle to return for ace playmaker this summer, £12m may be needed

"If you can't beat them, sign them" cried one Newcastle fan up by the bar here in the Transfer Tavern after reading the Daily Mail's report that his side are set to revive their interest in Tom Cairney.

The Fulham ace, who was recently called up to represent Scotland, has been in terrific form in the Championship this season, notching nine goals and nine assists for the Cottagers as they make a late surge for a play-off berth.

The 26-year-old played a part in both of the Londoners' wins over Newcastle this term in league action and reports from the Daily Mail claim that they are set to reignite their pursuit of him.

The Mirror claimed in January that the Magpies were after the former Hull and Blackburn man and the latest report hints they'll return for him in a few months' time.

Fulham are keen to keep their man, so he may command a fee of £12m, while much could hinge on both clubs' promotion pushes between now and the end of the season.

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/newcastle/newcastle-to-return-for-ace-playmaker-this-summer-12m-may-be-needed/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TransferTavern+%28The+Transfer+Tavern+Home+Page%29

WhiteJC

Malone In Team Of The Year

Scott Malone has been named in the Football Manager Team of the Season as part of the upcoming EFL Awards.

The XI was voted for by media representatives across the country, one for each of the 72 Football League clubs.

Malone has made 32 appearances for Fulham in his debut season at the Club, during which time he's had a hand in eight goals, scoring four himself and assisting the same amount for his teammates.

He is the only Whites player to make this Team of the Season, although a poll run by Sky Sports put Tom Cairney – at the time of writing – second in a list of individuals who fans feel should have made the cut.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/march/20/malone-in-team-of-the-year

WhiteJC

Report: Newcastle United to renew interest in Fulham midfielder Tom Cairney; Cottagers want £12m

Newcastle United are said to have been quoted £20 million for the Fulham star in January.

Newcastle United are ready to revive their interest in Tom Cairney after failing to land the Fulham midfielder in January, the Daily Mail reports.

Cairney was instrumental in Fulham's 3-1 win at St James' Park earlier this month, and it is claimed his performance has "cemented Newcastle's belief that he can improve their squad" should they return to the Premier League at the first time of asking.

The Chronicle reported in January that the Cottagers had slapped a £20 million price tag on Cairney's head, however, the London side are now said to be looking for a fee in the region of £12 million for the Scotland call-up.

Cairney, who moved to Craven Cottage from Blackburn Rovers for around £3.5 million two years ago, has scored nine goals and created 10 more in this season's Championship, and it is claimed that Fulham will not be short of suitors come the summer.

Newcastle currently lead the promotion race, opening up a seven-point gap over third-placed Huddersfield Town at the weekend, but could be followed into the top flight by the Cottagers, who are now only a point outside the play-off places.

Promotion for Slavisa Jokanovic's side is only likely to hinder Newcastle's chances of securing a deal for Cairney, however.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/03/20/report-newcastle-united-to-renew-interest-in-fulham-midfielder-t/

WhiteJC

Further Subsidy for Aston Villa Away Fans on Fulham Away Tickets

Away Benefits

Following on from the news that all that all Villa supporters with one of the sold out allocation of Burton away tickets would have a £5 subsidy included in the price, comes the good news that Fulham away tickets will also include the same subsidy of £5 per ticket.

The 2,787 Fulham tickets will be the forth set of away tickets to benefit from the £50k subsidy pot the club set aside for away tickets this season. The previous away game ticket prices to include a price reduction were Norwich City, Newcastle and Burton.

Prices
Ticket Category    Prices *
Adult    £20
Over 65    £15
Under 22    £15
Under 18    £10

So for Fulham away tickets 'Twenty's Plenty'!

MOMS will bring news shortly of whether they'll be room for any more subsidies in the remaining away games of the season after the Fulham away tickets reduction.

Sales information for the tickets will go up on the Aston Villa online box office from 2pm today (Monday).

UTV

http://www.myoldmansaid.com/subsidy-aston-villa-away-fans-fulham-away-tickets/

WhiteJC

Ex-Fulham striker reveals why it's going so well for Queens Park Rangers right now

Queens Park Rangers star Matt Smith has explained why it's going well for the club right now on the back of five wins in seven matches.

The Hoops are one of the form sides in the Championship right now and scored five past Rotherham United on Saturday.

Smith has impressed since arriving at Loftus Road and he is certainly enjoying what boss Ian Holloway is trying to build.

The striker, who scored the opening goal at the weekend, believes it's a "work in progress" but does feel something special can happen looking to next season.

"I still think it's taking time having the team get to know each other and we're not the finished article," said Smith.

"Like anything, things like this don't happen overnight, it's a work in progress and we're starting to reap the benefits of the manager's philosophy and the lads are starting to gel a bit.

"But it's going to take a lot longer than a couple of months.

"We can feel that something is building here and the crowd sense that. We feel it in the dressing room."

And Smith has revealed that the squad at QPR is one of the best he's been part of so far in his career.

The 27-year-old says there a "no egos" or "bad eggs" which can be disruptive to the team spirit.

"I've been a in a few dressing rooms before and the team spirit here really is second to none," said Smith.

"Everyone wants to work for each other and there is, what I haven't seen before, maybe is a completely utter respect for every other person in the squad.

"It's an easy thing to say, but to truly believe it, I think everyone in that dressing room respects each other to the highest level possible, and ultimately the manager as well.

"I think the manager has just assembled a really good set of lads, and it boils down to character.

"Everyone wants to work hard for each other, there are no egos in there or bad eggs in there, which is, the higher you go the more common they're found, but it's a really good set of lads.

"It's a group of lads where everyone brings their own skill set. There are different qualities throughout the squad and I think as a team we'll only benefit from that."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-fulham-striker-reveals-its-12767926

WhiteJC

Ticket Office Late Opening

Please be advised that the Ticket Office will be opening at the later time of 11am on Friday 24th March.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/march/20/ticket-office-late-opening

WhiteJC

Scotland v Canada: Fulham's Tom Cairney eyes permanent place

Tom Cairney has been called up for the first time

International friendly: Scotland v Canada
Date: Wednesday 22 March Venue: Easter Road, Edinburgh Kick-off: 19:45 GMT
Coverage: Listen on BBC Radio Scotland 810MW/DAB/online; live text commentary on BBC Sport website

Tom Cairney says he and his family have waited a long time for him to make his Scotland debut and he aims to hold on to his place should he face Canada.

The 26-year-old believes he is in the best form of his career after being switched to a central midfield role by Fulham head coach Slavisa Jokanovic.

"I have wanted it for a long time now and it is great to finally be here," said Cairney.

"I don't want to just be a flash in the pan. Once I am in, I want to stay in."

Cairney, who has played at under-21 level, is hoping to make his full debut in Wednesday's Easter Road friendly, which is preparation for Sunday's World Cup qualifier against Slovenia at Hampden Park.

"I thought it would happen at some stage," he said about his first call-up to Gordon Strachan's squad.

"But, when it eventually happens, no matter how the season has gone, it is still surprising.

"I have never had a season like I've had and I owe a lot to the manager and the staff for that as well."

Gordon Strachan thinks Cairney has probably been the best midfielder in the Championship

Cairney believes his international progress was hampered by being played out of position with his English Championship club.

"A few managers over the last couple of seasons have played me on the right wing," he explained.

"I can play there, but I never felt that was my strongest position.

"I have been playing in the middle of a three and it's more natural to my game and that's a big factor in my form this season and I've enjoyed it a lot."

Cairney was born in Nottingham but retains strong links north of the border through his Scottish father.

"I used to come up every school half term and visit my family in Uddingston," he recalled.

"I used to get my Celtic kits and stuff. I had good memories when I was little.

"It makes it a lot harder to come up these days with football and being in London, but I have very good times here.

"My dad especially is a big Scotland fan, so I think as soon as I got called up it was a proud moment for him."

Cairney recognises that midfield is where Scotland have greatest strength in depth and it is where he will compete for a starting place with his former under-21 team-mate, Stuart Armstrong, who is also in seeking a first cap.

Strachan has decided that Armstrong, along with four Celtic colleagues, will not feature against Canada after playing for their club on Sunday.

Injuries to James McArthur, James Morrison and Matt Phillips further increase the chances of a first cap for Cairney, who the national coach praised for his nine goals in 41 appearances this season.

"Tom Cairney has been absolutely fantastic this year," said Strachan.

"He could probably be the midfield player of the year in that league.

"In saying that, Matt Ritchie's scored 13 goals for Newcastle, so he's been magnificent and Stuart has been fantastic as well."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39331344

WhiteJC

Fulham midfielder: This is why we should remain calm despite weekend's loss

Fulham midfielder Kevin McDonald insists that the morale is still high in the Fulham camp despite only picking up one point from their previous two games, reports the club's official website.

Fulham twice squandered the opportunity to move into the play-off zone; firstly, when they conceded a late equaliser against Blackburn Rovers in the week and then when they failed to capitalise on Sheffield Wednesday's slip-up by losing 3-1 at home to relegation threatened Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday.

Fulham midfielder Kevin McDonald insists that the morale is still high in the Fulham camp despite only picking up one point from their previous two games, reports the club's official website.

Fulham twice squandered the opportunity to move into the play-off zone; firstly, when they conceded a late equaliser against Blackburn Rovers in the week and then when they failed to capitalise on Sheffield Wednesday's slip-up by losing 3-1 at home to relegation threatened Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-midfielder-this-is-why-we-should-remain-calm-despite-weekends-loss/

WhiteJC

Shad Khan makes Forbes list of richest people on planet
Jaguars owner No. 158 on Forbes 2017 Billionaires List

Shad Khan, the owner and CEO of the Jacksonville Jaguars, London-based Fulham Football Club and founder of Flex-N-Gate Group, made Forbes' list of the richest people on the planet.

Khan, 66, ranked No. 158 on the magazine's 2017 billionaires list. He came in at No. 54 among U.S. billionaires.

His net worth is $8.2 billion.

A record 2,043 billionaires made Forbes' 31st annual ranking of the world's billionaires. Bill Gates remains in the top spot for the fourth year in a row and has been the richest person in the world for 18 out of the past 23 years. Gates has a fortune of $86 billion, up from $75 billion last year.

Forbes also released Monday how much President Donald Trump is currently worth. He ranks No. 544 on the list, worth $3.5 billion. 

http://www.news4jax.com/news/shad-khan-makes-forbes-list-of-richest-people-on-planet