watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Premier League or Championship

Started by ffcwickford, March 21, 2017, 11:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Allen Crankshaw

Has to be The Premiership. We got to the Europa League final as a team in the top league. I would love the experience of more European trips following Fulham.

Forever Fulham

Quote from: YankeeJim on March 21, 2017, 04:10:20 PM
The Prem. No question.
In the Prem I get to see us play live.
Agree.   We may just be the Little Club by the River in the Premier League, usually losing to top third of the table teams, but by God we were in the Premier League, facing quality teams and sometimes winning.  More enjoyable to watch better quality opponents.  More enjoyable to see our club lift itself onto a new level and strive to belong, to stay.  And when we occasionally win against the big boys, it means more.  Championship league has poorer refereeing, more cynical fouling. 

We get back up and with TV rev share money plus Tony Khan being here I think the money will be found to fund a decent team.  We've got a Premier league level skipper, so why not?  On our day, we're the most dangerous team in the Championship.   Push on.

HatterDon

Yes, as nice as it is to read countless pundits reporting how we play the most attractive attacking football in our league -- and as great as it is to beat the league leaders by two goals at their patch -- I yearn for a return to having the single goal of 40 points/17th place and constant moaning about how cup competitions are distracting us from that goal.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Andy S

Woolly Mammoth

Has to be the Premier League⚽️,for all the reasons that have been stated, that's the Challenge, and for me you have to meet the Challenge. It's alround better for the club and its development on and off the pitch. From the profile to the financial gains. When we are in the Premier League⚽️, we don't have to settle for second or third best. There is only so many times you can watch a midweek match v say a team like Barnsley, no disrespect to Barnsley, in an almost half empty stadium. When you know that we have the possibility of joining the Premier League.⚽️ Although I understand why others may feel differently.
As a footnote, may I emphasise that we are discussing The Premier League ⚽ as the title of this thread confirms, not the Premiership
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I think I'll make my mind up after the final whistle of the play off final  :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

St Eve

No decision. Premiership. Money, better opposition, keep our better players, attract better players, Europe, better tv coverage, bigger crowds

RaySmith

I like the cheaper tickets, that are easy to get without Membership, and going to away games  feeling that there's a good chance that we will win. I only remember seeing two away wins  out of all the games I went to in the Prem - Birmingham and  City, in the Great Escape. But what a win the latter was - almost like winning the Cup.

And I suppose that highlights the difference between the two leagues. The Prem has that glamour, the interest from TV, and if you beat one of the top sides at their place, or even at home, it's a real event that you remember.

The CH. has a lot going for it -Fulham  can compete with the best sides, and  expect to beat them, rather than  mostly losing, or hoping for a point; but it doesn't have that glamour, or the income for the club from TVmoney and raised attendances, although this translates into cheaper tickets for the fans. Very significantly when it comes to away games. I think that Rotherham tickets are £13, and a lot of CH. clubs are almost as cheap, whereas any Prem club  probably charge 25-30 quid or more for such as United, Chelsea or L/Pool.

rweller86

Premier League for me. If Slav can play a similar style of football in the prem with a squad of better players I'll be happy.
@rweller

filham

Think back to the Juventus match and that 2-0 win against Man.U. at the Cottage when Scholes and Rooney got rattled and picked up reds near the end of the game and their manager then blamed the small dressing room for their performance. Now tell me that you don't want Premier League football again.

toshes mate

I think rogerpinvirginia, if he is free, should do the warm-up/windup for the playoff final at Wembley, and then be contracted to do the same at the Cottage for all of next season's PL matches.   His sense of fun will win us a whole host of points.

What is football if it isn't about reaching the goal you have always had, and, if and when it eludes you for a while, fighting to get it back?  Hasn't this season got the juices flowing again after the crap we have been served up for so long?  I mean if it is constant winning you want then you can always support the cheaters who make sure it happens.

AlexW132

The problem I have with the Championship is that it's almost always frustrating whether you're doing well or not. Bad referees, time wasting fouling opponents, grounds less full, hardly on TV, and constant threat of losing any semi decent player, no bragging rights, etc. Last two seasons, frustration because we're in a relegation battle. This season, frustration because we're almost there but not quite. The only scenario that doesn't result in frustration is promotion. I posted something similar on a similar thread a month or two ago, and the fact of the matter is it's very difficult to be in the C'ship consistently. Ipswich is an exception, however the longest serving team otherwise is Derby, who have been in since 2008. The next is 2011 I think. If you want the club to have stability, you absolutely have to at least be pushing for the Prem, otherwise you risk slipping down into League One either by on the field performances or financial instability off it due to the lack of revenue. Granted, even the crapper Prem teams struggle to keep their talent, however the offer of Premier League football makes it very easy to attract replacements from abroad, whereas 'Championship' is never as enticing.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: AlexW132 on March 22, 2017, 12:09:25 PM
The problem I have with the Championship is that it's almost always frustrating whether you're doing well or not. Bad referees, time wasting fouling opponents, grounds less full, hardly on TV, and constant threat of losing any semi decent player, no bragging rights, etc. Last two seasons, frustration because we're in a relegation battle. This season, frustration because we're almost there but not quite. The only scenario that doesn't result in frustration is promotion. I posted something similar on a similar thread a month or two ago, and the fact of the matter is it's very difficult to be in the C'ship consistently. Ipswich is an exception, however the longest serving team otherwise is Derby, who have been in since 2008. The next is 2011 I think. If you want the club to have stability, you absolutely have to at least be pushing for the Prem, otherwise you risk slipping down into League One either by on the field performances or financial instability off it due to the lack of revenue. Granted, even the crapper Prem teams struggle to keep their talent, however the offer of Premier League football makes it very easy to attract replacements from abroad, whereas 'Championship' is never as enticing.

Good points.
An example of the 'deterioration' of a club is Coventry, almost certain to be in League 2 next year with low crowds but a huge 'new' stadium'  !

Neil D

Sometimes it is better to travel hopefully than to arrive.  This season has been a lot of fun.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: toshes mate on March 22, 2017, 11:04:20 AM
I think rogerpinvirginia, if he is free, should do the warm-up/windup for the playoff final at Wembley, and then be contracted to do the same at the Cottage for all of next season's PL matches.   His sense of fun will win us a whole host of points.

What is football if it isn't about reaching the goal you have always had, and, if and when it eludes you for a while, fighting to get it back?  Hasn't this season got the juices flowing again after the crap we have been served up for so long?  I mean if it is constant winning you want then you can always support the cheaters who make sure it happens.

Good afternoon everyone and welcome to Craven Cottage for this afternoon's PL match between FULHAM and those
scumbag supporters of the filthy oil rich Chelsea, also based in FULHAM.

Let's have a huge cheer from you FULHAM fans.........and a loud Boo Hiss also from us FULHAM fans.
The twats in blue can wait to be spoken to and we apologize for the vomit looking stuff on your seats, just a little
joke arranged by our ball boys. It is in fact imported vomit.

It's now 2.30 and both sets of fans will be leaving the pubs, FULHAM fans to CC and Chelsea fans to SB.
Again a little joke as mass rumours were spread around the media that the game had been switched to SB due
to vomit on the Putney end seating.

Our visitors will be without all of their foreign players due to leaks regarding work permits and the Brexit departure,
which not only includes EU players but players from every other nation in FIFA, under the new initiative which requires
all foreigners to score 100% in the English version of the WFPSBC (The World Football Players Spelling Bee Competition)
FULHAM however will be uncjanged.

Nice to hear that FULHAM won the darts match last night between the 2 sets of supporters in the Riverside Gin bar.
The opposition failed to field a team as the Bar is only open to Fulham Members.
We will be working to amend that policy sometime in the distant future, via the FST
Congratulations and bragging rights however go to Fulham

I've just had some breaking fake news that John Terry failed to make the team as he is from Essex (we think)

And so as we approach kick off time, the FULHAM players are out running around the pitch, no sign of the
players from the ground near FULHAM PALACE ROAD tube yet.

We'll hand you over to our generally unbiased commentator Mr Gentleman Jim and to save him some time
David Button is in all yellow, the referee is indeed biased and is constantly in the way of the ball, the linesmen
are blind, the opposition players are all clowns but will get up, and Eden Thingy is a diving twit. He will be getting
replays and be echoed by the other guy.

I just had a Crème de Menthe with Roman AbrahamovichPutinovichovich, I'll leave it that

So, please give big cool reception to our filthy rich visitor and I hand you over to GJ in the Gantry

TheDutchCottager

Premier League of course.
I want those games against Chelsea again.
Because...where were they when they were sh*t?

But we need to improve if we promote. Werther it's this year or the next. We really need good players or we'll go straight down again.

toshes mate

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on March 22, 2017, 10:43:09 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on March 22, 2017, 11:04:20 AM

Good afternoon everyone and welcome to Craven Cottage for this afternoon's PL match between FULHAM and those
scumbag supporters of the filthy oil rich Chelsea, also based in FULHAM.

You'll get better at it too; that's what I am looking forward to.