watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cryotherapy

Started by grandad, March 21, 2017, 08:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Has anyone seen the piece on the BBC about Fulham using Cryotherapy treatment in training for the regeneration of muscles. I can´t find a link but apparently we are the only club using this method.
Cryotherapy is the practice of exposing the body to extreme temperatures as low as -160C to provoke a process of muscle regeneration and immune-system stimulation.

Where there's a will there's a wife

hovewhite

saw it on bbc breakfast,real interesting watch.and i guess an SJ addition!

f321ffc

CRY O THERAPY something definitely needed by us Fulham fans. 064.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Southcoastffc

It's been used in Rugby Union for over 5 years, and Watford and Leicester City have been using it for a couple of years. Maybe SJ brought the idea from Watford?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Texas White

Better than the cheese..

RaySmith

Quote from: f321ffc on March 21, 2017, 08:53:57 PM
CRY O THERAPY something definitely needed by us Fulham fans. 064.gif

Where you stick your head in a bucket of cold water to anathetise your brain!

RaySmith

Shows how progressive the coaching and training at the  club is under Slav.

Holders

Better than cryogenics.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

gezkc

Quote from: Holders on March 22, 2017, 07:13:14 AM
Better than cryogenics.

Wish we'd cryogenically frozen Johnny Haynes, George Best, Louis Saha and a few others. They could come in quite handy!

Holders

Quote from: gezkc on March 22, 2017, 08:32:49 AM
Better than cryogenics.

Wish we'd cryogenically frozen Johnny Haynes, George Best, Louis Saha and a few others. They could come in quite handy!

I did think of putting that. Saha's not dead though.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

copthornemike

I believe cryotherapy has been a medical facility at FFC for quite a few years and is a well established and recognised therapy.

If I recall correctly has been used by England Rugby amongst others and would have arrived during MAF's reign.

You will be pleased to hear however that it does not involve the clinical use of cheese as pioneered by a previous manager.

FPT

Not seen the piece, but know cryotherapy has been all the rage for a fair while now - excellent for recovery. It's nothing unusual and if football clubs can afford it, they absolute should have these facilities but no doubt another thing people will ignore when slating Shahid Khan's investment (and lack thereof).

By the way, don't underestimate the influence of Marco Cesarini. He came in and Scott Parker went on that run at the back end of last season of 90 minutes in a good number of matches in a row - I believe he also had an influence on getting Watford the fly to away games to save legs as they chased the title; and possibly also has had an influence on the hotel before all games philosophy. Has worked at AC Milan and is a bright young guy who I think has been an understated influence in keeping our players regularly fit and bringing new ideas to help prevent injury.

AlexW132

Quote from: FPT on March 22, 2017, 05:51:28 PM
Not seen the piece, but know cryotherapy has been all the rage for a fair while now - excellent for recovery. It's nothing unusual and if football clubs can afford it, they absolute should have these facilities but no doubt another thing people will ignore when slating Shahid Khan's investment (and lack thereof).

By the way, don't underestimate the influence of Marco Cesarini. He came in and Scott Parker went on that run at the back end of last season of 90 minutes in a good number of matches in a row - I believe he also had an influence on getting Watford the fly to away games to save legs as they chased the title; and possibly also has had an influence on the hotel before all games philosophy. Has worked at AC Milan and is a bright young guy who I think has been an understated influence in keeping our players regularly fit and bringing new ideas to help prevent injury.
Not to mention he also sent Marc Bircham packing when we played the ha has

gezkc

Quote from: Holders on March 22, 2017, 08:36:13 AM
Quote from: gezkc on March 22, 2017, 08:32:49 AM
Better than cryogenics.

I did think of putting that. Saha's not dead though.

Good point, though I think you can cryogenically freeze living people and bring them back in the future a la Buck Rogers in the 25th Century!
A freshly awoken 26 year old Louis Saha would be of more use than a dead fella!

toshes mate

The methodology is an extreme adaptation of hot bath/cold bath remedies where the temperature changes impact on the release and removal of toxins from tissue.   It is as old as hot spa bathing (probably pre-Roman).   If you are tired from a lot of exercise then a hot bath with added minerals (epsom salts/magnesium crystals are both excellent) and follow it with a cold shower the body rejects the toxins and replaces them with the mineral salts which is known to have therapeutic effect.  You will feel really reinvigorated.  There is some recent peer reviewed research acknowledging the already known benefits of hot/cold mineral treatments which remains unconvinced about enhanced beneficial recovery effects from cryotherapy across different injury groups and encourages more serious study with greater numbers participating.  However I must add that having done the hot bath/cold shower treatment on injuries such as painful strained or pulled leg muscles I do believe there is something worth pursuing in this kind of extreme temperature therapy. 

J

Quote from: grandad on March 21, 2017, 08:27:04 PM
Has anyone seen the piece on the BBC about Fulham using Cryotherapy treatment in training for the regeneration of muscles. I can´t find a link but apparently we are the only club using this method.
Cryotherapy is the practice of exposing the body to extreme temperatures as low as -160C to provoke a process of muscle regeneration and immune-system stimulation.

Maybe the only club in the championship at a push, but even then I'd be surprised! It is pretty established in football (and top level sport generally) now even if it doesn't get talked about much...

Bolton Wanderers were using it at least as far back as 2008!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/3708478/Embracing-the-big-chill-the-boom-in-cryotherapy.html