watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR terrorists in Westminster.

Started by f321ffc, March 22, 2017, 03:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Police office stabbed and assailant shot outside Parliament, Car runs into pedestrians on Westminster Bridge.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Fulham76

Quote from: f321ffc on March 22, 2017, 03:45:29 PM
Police office stabbed and assailant shot outside Parliament, Car runs into pedestrians on Westminster Bridge.

One person dead! Hopefully just the inbred terrorist

f321ffc

10m
Sky News‏ @SkyNews
A woman has died and several other people have "catastrophic injuries" following the terror attack in Westminster
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

stevehawkinslidingtackle

We all knew it wouldn't be long before what was happening in Europe would be making its way to the UK.
Poor people. 

HatterDon

terrorist attacks in London ... reminds me of England in the 90s, the 80s, the 70s

I hope all are safe. You have the best police and, in my opinion, the best counter-terror regime in the world.  9739.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

f321ffc

BBC now reporting that the stabbed Police Officer has  died.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

filham

Quote from: HatterDon on March 22, 2017, 05:31:38 PM
terrorist attacks in London ... reminds me of England in the 90s, the 80s, the 70s

I hope all are safe. You have the best police and, in my opinion, the best counter-terror regime in the world.  9739.gif
True our police and security force are to be blessed but how on earth can anyone offer reasonable defence against these  terrorists and there tactics.
We really have to recognise that we are at war with these people and put ourselves on a war footing.

Trump possibly had it right in keeping certain nations out of the country , no way would we have let Germans move freely about in Britain in WW2.

Holders

The best counter-terrorism in the world won't prevent a "lone wolf" driving on the pavement and attacking a copper with a knife. Acting alone with something that we all have on our drives and in the kitchen there's no electronic footprint that GCHQ could have picked up. Awful as it was, it could have been so much worse.

At least they got him - then tried to save his wretched life!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Jem

:047:

:047: and thank you. Must be the most difficult job in the world.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Jem on March 22, 2017, 08:22:07 PM
:047:

:047: and thank you. Must be the most difficult job in the world.
Amen to that.  Thoughts with family & Friends.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

love4ffc

Friends of Fulham would like to extend our thoughts and prayers to the victims of this horrible attack on innocent people.  We consider this attack to be not only an atrocity to the citizens of England and London but a vile and shameful act on humanity itself. 

We would remind members though that this is a football forum and not to bring politicians or politics into this or any discussion.  Please keep all comments relevant to this terrible event. 

Thanks for everyone's support and understanding. 

The Mod Squad   
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

bobbo

Well said " LOVE " I'm echoeing those words . So close to home and so sad for the victims and their families. Will it ever stop? Perhaps not in my lifetime.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Southcoastffc

Quote from: bobbo on March 23, 2017, 08:30:22 AM
Well said " LOVE " I'm echoeing those words . So close to home and so sad for the victims and their families. Will it ever stop? Perhaps not in my lifetime.
Unfortunately not bobbo.  Like many others using this forum I suspect, I worked in London and from the 1970's to late 1990's there were very many Irish-related bombings.     Since then we've had The Angry Brigade, various letter bombs, and now a different flavour series of incidents.  The world doesn't really change THAT much.  All very sad but we just have to look after our nearest and dearest as best we can and support those unfortunates who suffer in atrocities.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

aaronmcguigan

Don't want to hijack the thread for football reasons but for a reporter like Gabriel Clarke to ask both Southgate and Cahill if the events in London were an excuse for defeat is an absolute shambles at the highest level . Inappropriate question looking for sound bite or controversy.

Ask them about the future of football, the game, the tactics, at a stretch about Podolski but not a terror attack on London

Lighthouse

Quote from: Newry FFC on March 23, 2017, 10:08:25 AM
Don't want to hijack the thread for football reasons but for a reporter like Gabriel Clarke to ask both Southgate and Cahill if the events in London were an excuse for defeat is an absolute shambles at the highest level . Inappropriate question looking for sound bite or controversy.

Ask them about the future of football, the game, the tactics, at a stretch about Podolski but not a terror attack on London

I think you are quite right. They tend to look for meaning in the meaningless. Try to find soundbites from the uninformed. We know what happened, Many have seen this sort of things too many times. The broadcast media now have a tendency to treat atrocities as entertainment on the news and a way to fill in air time. We shall soon be hearing how this has upset some actor or actress with a film or play to publicise.

Let's just remember the victims, both injured and no longer with us. Not those looking for something to say.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fulham Tup North

Have Fulham put anything on Twitter about this?  I saw on the BBC it said 'London Clubs Unite', but then only mentioned QPR & Tottenham.  I do not have access to twitter at work :(
There is nothing on the FFC Website.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

The Equalizer

Yep! And like every time before, us Londoners woke up this morning, had a cup of tea, spent a moment to think of the victims and then went off to work just like every other day.

I doubt the Millennials get this kind of behaviour, but when you've lived less than a mile from two explosions, and less than 100 yards from a controlled explosion, the fear is an afterthought. Terrorism has never worked in the UK and it never will.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Holders

No-one's said (so far as I've heard) whether he was wearing a stab-vest. Even beat bobbies do these days. If not, why not? If so, the terrorist must have got in underneath it.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

SP

Our thoughts go to everyone affected by this pointless atrocity.  Been involved in planning for such attacks at work & prepared a business continuity exercise involving a lone wolf attack.  There's also a police 'Stay Safe' film that's a useful reminder:

http://www.npcc.police.uk/NPCCBusinessAreas/WeaponAttacksStaySafe.aspx