News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tom Cairney and Chris Martin start for Scotland tonight.

Started by f321ffc, March 22, 2017, 06:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

gang

Quote from: MisfitKid on March 22, 2017, 06:59:55 PM
What about Chris....?  086.gif   :dft011:

Chrissy? Yes let's hope Tom stays injury free.

Hoppus

And Stefan Johansen is the new Norway captain (named by the new manager).

F(f)CUK

"A nervy 45 minutes for Scotland with Canada proving to be no pushovers. The positives for Gordon Strachan in the opening period are few and far between. Ikechi Anya and Tom Cairney are the two Scots who have shown their worth but worryingly there are many more negatives for the Scotland coach to be concerned about.

From BBC

BestOfBrede

Tom is easily the best on the pitch
Snodgrass is useless and overly used!
Plenty of times Tom had made space for himself and yet the daft scots play to either Snograss and he waters it or the right short winger who has a bit of speed but again wastes it's!
FFs give it to Tom and he will curl it into the corner.
Also noticed that Snod seems to take every free kick where Tom could have had a go!

FPT

Interesting quotes from Strachan pre-match, "We're bringing Tom Cairney in, we're trying to play a system that's similar to Fulham's."

Playing on better pitches will help, having a better coach too will help. Thought for past 4 years Scotland should have done so much more.

BestOfBrede

Must say the pitch is atrocious for an international stadiun

cmg

Awful game.
Knew we weren't in for a feast of sumptuous football when the commentator remarked, "Of course this isn't Canada's strongest team."
Then you spotted that they had decided to import a reject pitch from the local recreation ground....

TC's Sporran

the shirt can now be hung on his bedroom wall
hopefully its out of his system and he can now get back to playing decent football for Fulham

its easy for us english to say its a bit mickey mouse, but surely tc himself would have been able to see that for himself tonight

blinkers on from now on
one goal

JoelH5

Funny how he's been knackered the last two games yet everywhere on the pitch tonight.

Still, pleased he done well. Hopefully like said above he can get back to it with us now
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

I had a look at a couple of Scottish club forums to see what they said about our 2.
Praise for Cairney from some,but stating that best he stayed away as useless weasel faced Strachan will destroy his talent.
Best one was Aberdeen forum, stating Martin has to be the worst player ever to wear a Scottish shirt,"Get the eejit back doon the road,he isna even Scottish the fat lardhead"...Brilliant.. 064.gif

Williams Tale

Both Cairney and Martin are English , why would they want to play for Scotland ?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Williams Tale on March 23, 2017, 09:15:10 AM
Both Cairney and Martin are English , why would they want to play for Scotland ?

In Cairneys case his Dad is Scottish, and so he classes himself as.

Dodgin

Scottish pundit on Talksport rated Tom as best player and Martin rubbish.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Dodgin on March 23, 2017, 09:38:54 AM
Scottish pundit on Talksport rated Tom as best player and Martin rubbish.

Yep,that's how it looked on the forum's I read.

toshes mate

'Martin lurking by the far post' says the BBC text.  No mention of 'with intent'.

Good to know Martin's international game is exactly identical to his Fulham game.