watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-two Scots

Started by bog, March 23, 2017, 07:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

When was the last time Fulham had two players in a Scotland side? Well one and a half. The best Scot we have ever had has to be Graham Leggatt.  :Haynes The Maestro:

Thank you and good night

092.gif

bill taylors apprentice

Never!

According to Dennis Turners book of 2007 Fulham the complete record we have had 22 Scottish internationals since 1903 but only two played for their country while with us.

Jimmy Sharp gained his fifth cap in 1909 and the other was the great Graham Leggat.

dannyboi-ffc

McCormack has played as a Fulham player. McDonald got a call up but I'm pretty sure he pulled out with injury.

What makes this stat about Cairney and Martin more bizarre is that neither are actually Scottish.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

toshes mate

Mr Leggat was my first real hero in a Fulham shirt.  He was so quick, so clever with or without the ball, and had such a wicked skill when shooting with those heavy laced up leather balls.  I tried to emulate his skills when playing with the school team but I could never hit a ball so sweetly as Mr Leggat did no matter how hard I tried.   One of Fulham's all time best wingers.

Woolly Mammoth

They had three farmers and two dogs watching them last night, that must have been exciting.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Sir Graham played in all 5 forward positions and scored from all of them. Was a regular scorer for Scotland also. You could rely on him to score in the big games also. I still recall when he signed from Aberdeen he was not impressed as someone up there said he was injury prone.....which he was not, just prone to being a magnificent player. In my long gone yoof I worked on the petrol pumps at a garage in Barnes called Boon & Porter for a while and I served him once. Very unassuming. A genuine Fulham God.   :Haynes The Maestro:
   I can still see him scoring up at Villa Park in 1962 to put us ahead v Burnley in the cup semi final.... 

092.gif