watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dreaming about next year

Started by We Are Premier League, March 23, 2017, 11:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

After a successful play off the club goes all out and we end up with the following summer signings

Wayne Hennessey (Free transfer)

Thomas Kalas
Marc Muniesa (from the Stoke bench)
Bassong (Free transfer)

Rodwell (from relegated Sunderland)
Joe Ledley (Free transfer)
Delph (from Man City bench)
Aaron Mooy (Man city / loan to Hudds after they failed to get promoted)

Ulloa (from leicester bench)
Solanke (free transfer)
Defoe (from relegated sunderland)

AlexW132

Can guarantee that squad would get relegated within 2 years.

rweller86

I certainly won't be dreaming of that squad
@rweller

Southcoastffc

Quote from: mlangstrom on March 23, 2017, 11:36:08 PM
After a successful play off the club goes all out and we end up with the following summer signings

Wayne Hennessey (Free transfer)

Thomas Kalas
Marc Muniesa (from the Stoke bench)
Bassong (Free transfer)

Rodwell (from relegated Sunderland)
Joe Ledley (Free transfer)
Delph (from Man City bench)
Aaron Mooy (Man city / loan to Hudds after they failed to get promoted)

Ulloa (from leicester bench)
Solanke (free transfer)
Defoe (from relegated sunderland)

Well, I do like your 2nd choice.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Twig

Always liked Ulloa, powerful and effective up front.

filham

A little too early to be thinking about next season as my mind is fully concentrating on this season especially the next match, have we recovered our form is the big question.

Of course when the season does end our first priority is going to be keeping Cairney and Sessegnon, the vultures are already hovering. I bet that doubt will run right through the summer up to the end of August.

FFCFOREVER

Sorry but I would rather have our current squad in prem next season.

@jolslover

Not bad suggestions.
Think we should target Kalas whether we go up or not and reckon a 10mill double deal for him and Piazon would be good business.
Bassong is someone I wouldnt mind signing if we did NOT go up, and if we sold Ragnar Sigurdsson otherwise I dont feel hes a great improvement on Ragnar. He would be available on a free so could be good business at this level.
Muniesa is a ball playing CB who would fit great with our current system, I think he would be a good signing if we didn't go up but if we did I assume we would be looking for better players.

Not sure Rodwell would be a good signing regardless of our position next year as he would probably cost around 8/9mill and his wages would be too high for the champ. Expect we could get a much better CM from abroad for a fraction of the price so its a miss from me.
Ledley is someone I would like to see us get in on a free if we don't go up.  A well rounded CM who I think would provide great competition for Johansen and Mcdonald.
Delph again would never come to us in the champ, If we did go up he would still cost about 8/9mill and is on big wages at City. So not sure how realistic that would be when there are again cheaper/better options abroad. Good player though.
Mooy is someone I would love to see us get regardless of our position next year but sadly do not think he would come to us unless we go up. If we do go up he could be a realistic signing. Good suggestion.

Ulloa is someone I think would be perfect for us regardless of our position next year. He seems to be the big striker Slavisa likes but he is also very capable with the ball at his feet and a good footballer, Proven goals at this level and proven in a possession based system very similar to ours (Oscar Garcia at Brighton) however I suspect we would have competition from premier league sides.
Can't say I know a lot about Solanke but know hes highly rated at Chelsea so could be a good loan signing if we don't get promoted.
Defoe is someone who's name I see posted on this forum constantly. I think if we do not go up people need to stop talking about him because hes never coming to us in the championship. I also think he's highly overrated but he could be a good signing if we went up and would be happy to see him join if we were in this position. Not sure he is the type of striker Slavisa wants in our system however.
STH H3

FPT

If that's our post-promotion summer window, I'd be distraught. A couple I don't mind, Fabian Delph would do excellently in our midfield.

I want us to sign players who are either in their prime or their best years ahead of them; and for the first window back, I would try to prioritise a few players with Premier League experience (like we did this season in Button, Malone, Kalas, McDonald, Aluko, Martin and Piazon).

You've talked me into the hypothetical rabbit hole...

My Premier League window (trusting we go up this season), is a little more ambitious than yours I think; Asmir Begovic has long been my promotion goalkeeper of choice, very nearly joined Bournemouth; quality goalkeeper, wouldn't have to move home, and is in his prime years.

Stuns me that the best you're aiming for is Kalas, Bassong and Muniesa, none of which are number one central defenders in the Premier League - they'd all make capable partners like Hughes was to Hangeland - if they go down, and we wanted to go big, I would love Ben Gibson next to Tomas Kalas in the Premier League. Two young, classy centre back players who will suit our style of play and compliment each other superbly.

Again, I think Fabian Delph would do very well here and under Jokanovic. I wouldn't mind someone like James McCarthy either, think he'd benefit again from working with Jokanovic and a new environment - the ideal player for us to pick up, 26 years old with a point to prove.

Then to complete a new spine, I think we could convince Andre Gray to come down south (again); he's perhaps not the ideal striker in terms of all round number 9 play, but I think he's a goal scorer that would love the through balls a Cairney would give him. We may not have the possession numbers in the Premier League as we do in the Championship, so Gray's pace and willingness to run for the cause would be great for the counter, whilst I back him not needing too many chances to score a goal.

This is just off the top of my head, I'm sure Tony Khan and the scouting department could rack their heads together and identify some foreign talent to compliment it all but the players I've put all have the ability to produce in the Premier League as well as the qualities to slot right into our team and style of play, as well as the personalities to keep up with a professional, hard working and ambitious group.