watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Billaricay Town

Started by Wearethewhites, March 24, 2017, 11:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

What's going on down there then? New owner with a bit of clout? Have signed Paul Konchesky, Jamie O'Hara, and just missed out on a 40 goal a season non-league striker after throwing big money at him. Owners ambitious, don't know a lot about him, but he's prepared to bankroll them to success, but build a solid foundation. Currently 7th tear, has a 2 season per year league plan to bring them up.

Matty389

Very interesting seeing all of this happen - billericay is my home town! Thought I'd take a look and see if anything was said on here after seeing o hara sign. Can't help but think that signing a very old konchesky and washed up o hara (just big names) will get them the progression they want. Throwing money at lesser known quality players would
Be a more sustainable approach!

The Enclosurite

Give it a few seasons, the collection buckets will be out trying to save the club from administration.
¡COYW!

Twig

Quote from: Matty389 on March 25, 2017, 12:39:06 AM
Very intteresting seeing all of this happen - billericay is my home town! Thought I'd take a look and see if anything was said on here after seeing o hara sign. Can't help but think that signing a very old konchesky and washed up o hara (just big names) will get them the progression they want. Throwing money at lesser known quality players would
Be a more sustainable approach!

Sorry Matty are you saying that signing Konch and O'Hara will get them progression or not?  I'm unclear.

westcliff white

Sure there are FFP rules in non league, so some issues ahead possibly
Every day is a Fulham day

filham

Konch and O'Hara sounds like two very good signings for a team at that level, their fans must be over the proverbial moon.

Supermitch

Quote from: The Enclosurite on March 25, 2017, 07:51:48 AM
Give it a few seasons, the collection buckets will be out trying to save the club from administration.

Indeed - there have been so many examples at this level.  Money is ploughed in with outgoings far in excess of income.  Owner gets bored / decides to cut back on expenditure / finds something else to spend money on [delete as appropriate] and the stalwarts of the club are left to sort out the mess.

They have just signed a forward from Hemel Hempstead for £24k and now have a wage bill of £20k per week.  Makes QPR of a few seasons ago (punishment still awaited) look well run.

bog

They had a good team in their standard back in the 80's. They won the FA Vase three times in a row I seem to recall. Mind you we have had similar at Margate. Three seasons back a bloke took over with all guns blazing promising league football.  He proceeded to upset all those volunteers who gave their free time to run the club behind the scenes and had done so for many years so that they all left. No he has pulled out and the club is sinking fast and probably to lower than they were before.   However I wish Billericay all the best, as has been said their supporters must be loving it!

092.gif