watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Clint Dempsey

Started by Dodgin, March 25, 2017, 07:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Good to hear that Clint is well and playing again at international level.
Clint was a very good and wholehearted player for us and the video clip of the goal from a free kick brought back memories of his magnificent goal against Juventus, have we ever seen a better Fulham goal?

hovewhite

Great news clints back playing,and a great player for us and will always be one of us.

cottagecornerreject

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KRORRQVT5M Missed the whole second half of last MLS season with scary irregular heartbeat. More than a few thought it was a career ender. Could see the joy in his play and face to be back out there with the boys. Hat trick with a couple fantastic goals as well.

I did'nt know he had one?
[/quote]

jarv

I will always be a fan of Clint. I was at his first game in MLS and his class stood out, best player on the pitch by a mile. I think he was only about 20. When Fulham signed him, I said to some friends here, we have just signed the best outfield player in American history, before he became that.

Forever Fulham

Hat Trick against Honduras.  Not too shabby.   

I watched the Costa Rica v. Mexico game, too.  Bryan Ruiz was very good.  Sports a beard now.  But the little country was no match for Mexico.

bog

I will never forget Clint. Was a top player for us. His goal v Juventus has to be in the top three goals scored at the Cottage. Like Brian McBride a great ambassador for his country.

092.gif

FortCollinsFulham

'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

toshes mate

Quote from: cottagecornerreject on March 25, 2017, 12:45:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KRORRQVT5M Missed the whole second half of last MLS season with scary irregular heartbeat. More than a few thought it was a career ender. Could see the joy in his play and face to be back out there with the boys. Hat trick with a couple fantastic goals as well.

Arrhythmia has become increasingly common these days and is often linked to glandular issues e.g. thyroid, pancreas etc.  I have had the problem (an apparent sudden and impulsive beat which appears for unknown reasons) since my early thirties but tracking down its cause and finding a treatment or cure can be even trickier than the condition itself.  No treatments worked for me and so the condition remains.   I am fortunate that it has not been intrusive.

Bill2

Didn't he pick up an umpteen year ban for assaulting a ref in an international recently, so surprised to hear he is playing? Glad he is better though.

Forever Fulham

My mum had arhythmic tachycardia (sp?) -- a racing heartbeat.  Serious enough to put a scare into her.  Bothered her more than the high blood pressure.  They had medication for the latter but not the former.

FortCollinsFulham

Quote from: Bill2 on March 26, 2017, 03:23:29 PM
Didn't he pick up an umpteen year ban for assaulting a ref in an international recently, so surprised to hear he is playing? Glad he is better though.

He ripped up a referee's notebook during a US Open Cup match in 2015. He was banned from the next two Open Cups (it was 6 games or the next two Cups I'm pretty sure) and 3 MLS matches. So nothing international wise, just a few games and Cup most don't really care about.
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

filham

Quote from: jarv on March 25, 2017, 03:57:23 PM
I will always be a fan of Clint. I was at his first game in MLS and his class stood out, best player on the pitch by a mile. I think he was only about 20. When Fulham signed him, I said to some friends here, we have just signed the best outfield player in American history, before he became that.
Clint was good, no doubt about that but "best outfield player in American history" is a step too far but I would accept "2nd only to Brian McBride as an American outfield player"