watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Final Internatioal Break

Started by filham, March 25, 2017, 10:56:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

The is season seems to have been fragmented by International Breaks, each of them have been irritating but this current one seem the most painful of the bunch. We are sitting a point off a play off place but with two bad matches behind us. The game coming up against  bottom club Rotherham will show whether the loss of form was just a blip or whether it is to continue into the final games of the season and finish  off our promotion hopes.
The wait for the important Rotherham game seems endless and there is the question of whether our international players will return to Motspur Park fit and fresh.
The Scotland match is tomorrow night so we assume Cairney will be back with us for training on Tuesday but what about the other absentees, will they have a full week with Jocanovic before we leave for Rotherham.

Lighthouse

Players come back in dribs and drab. We always seem to do badly after the break. But having done so poorly just before the break we can hope we can come back better. As we seldom change our tactics I guess the players will not need time to digest some new formations.

I doubt we will have a whole week with a full squad. I just hope we can pick up 3 badly needed points against an already relegated side.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Grumpy Worthing White

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 25, 2017, 11:14:27 AM
Players come back in dribs and drab. We always seem to do badly after the break. But having done so poorly just before the break we can hope we can come back better. As we seldom change our tactics I guess the players will not need time to digest some new formations.

I doubt we will have a whole week with a full squad. I just hope we can pick up 3 badly needed points against an already relegated side.
Perhaps we will break the mould and do something totally Fulhamish after the International break.....like win, and just for the record I hate International weekends, I cant get my FFC fix.

Twig

For once I think we needed the break. Let's hope it works in our favour this time.

Fulhamfan666

If we can't win against Rot. then we don't deserve a play-off spot, let alone promotion.

filham

So , our players will come back from their international duties in dribs and drabs through the coming weeks and possibly the first time they will all be together will be on Friday, ready to get on the coach to Rotherham.
Without any Fulham coaching over the last two weeks they will have to face the long journey to Yorkshire and then just pick up where they left off against Wolves two weeks ago.

Rotherham on the other hand will not have a long journey to an away ground and possibly without international players may have had two weeks training as a team.
Can see this match going pear shaped for us.

Woolly Mammoth

Perhaps I can reassure you. I wouldn't look too deep into this. Sometimes we can imagine things that do not exist. Because we are too busy beating ourselves up over a concern or worry or what might happen.
This is where Sports Psychology comes into it. It's not just about how physically fit an individual is, it's the mental state. This is where a strong mentality comes into it.
Any injury problems sustained by players in Internationals will take care of themselves.
Nothing you or I or the Manager can do about that.
But the players and managers have to have a strong mentality in this situation, there is no room for snowflakes or milky applications.
If we are to make the play offs we will need a strong mentality to get there, as well as overcoming all and Sundry to get to the promised land.
Look at it this way.
Coming back from an International break, in the situation Fulham find themselves. Out of all the teams in our Division, which team would you prefer to play. I would imagine Rotherham would be up there somewhere as a favourite.
However, we still have to beat them, they won't lie down, nobody does. But It could have been far far worse.
As has already been said, if we cannot beat Rotherham, then maybe we do not deserve to reach the play offs let alone get promoted.
So let's relax, everyone plays better when they can relax and play without fear.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BedsFFC

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 25, 2017, 02:19:45 PM
Perhaps I can reassure you. I wouldn't look too deep into this. Sometimes we can imagine things that do not exist. Because we are too busy beating ourselves up over a concern or worry or what might happen.
This is where Sports Psychology comes into it. It's not just about how physically fit an individually is, it's the mental state. This is where a strong mentality comes into it.
Any injury problems sustained by players in Internationals will take care of themselves.
Nothing you or I or the Manager can do about that.
But the players and managers have to have a strong mentality in this situation, there is no room for snowflakes or milky applications.
If we are to make the play offs we will need a strong mentality to get there, as well as overcoming all and Sundry to get to the promised land.
Look at it this way.
Coming back from an International break, in the situation Fulham find themselves. Out of all the teams in our Division, which team would you prefer to play. I would imagine Rotherham would be up there somewhere as a favourite.
However, we still have to beat them, they won't lie down, nobody does. But It could have been far far worse.
As has already been said, if we cannot beat Rotherham, then maybe we do not deserve to reach the play offs let alone get promoted.
So let's relax, everyone plays better when they can relax and play without fear.

Seems to me that you get all chilled, nonchalant and a touch philosophical when there is a break in FFC games. Either that or you've had a spliff

Woolly Mammoth

I have also noticed that. But you are barking up the wrong tree, I am so laid back I am almost horizontal. Half man half mattress. By the way what's a spliff ?

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 25, 2017, 04:13:53 PM
I have also noticed that. But you are barking up the wrong tree, I am so layed back I am almost horizontal. Half man half mattress. By the way what's a spliff ?

I don't imagine spliffs were around in the pre Cambrian era!

Woolly Mammoth

Are you implying that I am a Fossil.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Perhaps a spliff is a new cocktail for Mammoths to be taken during international breaks but only after the 9pm TV watershed.

Woolly Mammoth

I enjoy International Breaks. I wish they were longer, and more frequent.

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

We will win v rotheram no doubt about it.
It looks like we. Have the hardest fixtures and think we will make the playoffs then its a lottery.

JoelH5

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 25, 2017, 07:14:34 PM
I enjoy International Breaks. I wish they were longer, and more frequent.

It's does temporarily put us out of our misery! ;)
I was there, standing in the Putney end