watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Big Match - Rotherham United Away

Started by Friendsoffulham, March 26, 2017, 12:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Leading up to next Saturdays big game v Rotherham United, the Whites really need to capitalise on that top 6 place, after the last 2 opportunities have gone begging.

We was never going to do it the easy way, we'll do it the Fulham way, the hardest way, but what do you think needs to change from the Wolves and Blackburn games, to make sure we come away with a result?

Leading up to this game, please use this thread to discuss how Slav might change things, what team lineup we're likely to see, and what system.

toshes mate

Hopefully SJ won't need to change anything but first we need everybody back from their duties safe and sound.  My only change, all other things being equal, would be a start for Cyriac in preference to Ayite, Kebano or Aluko, because I'd like to see him get in some real match time.

Texas White

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on March 26, 2017, 12:51:01 PM
Leading up to next Saturdays big game v Rotherham United, the Whites really need to capitalise on that top 6 place, after the last 2 opportunities have gone begging.

We was never going to do it the easy way, we'll do it the Fulham way, the hardest way, but what do you think needs to change from the Wolves and Blackburn games, to make sure we come away with a result?

Leading up to this game, please use this thread to discuss how Slav might change things, what team lineup we're likely to see, and what system.

Drop Martin and send him back. His moods disrupt the team.

filham

Yes, we need to get every one back at Motspur Park, fit and fired up for Saturday, as soon as possible.

Then I would think the priorities may be:-

1. Make sure our engine room, McDonald Johansen and Cairney, are back to the form they showed before the last two home games.

2. Decide on Malone at left back, too much pressure in this game for young Sessegnon.

3. Start with Cyriac as the lone striker.

4. Ensure that all players are aware of the importance to us of this game and that it will not be just a walk in the park with a team facing certain relegation.

The Swan

I would like to think that all Fulham players will know how important this game is. We missed two chances to get into the top six so we can't mess this one up.
Wednesday are away to Barnsley which I think will be a draw.
If we can win we will be one point above them in sixth place.
After this game we have four difficult away games. We must win this game on Saturday.
The Swan

Woolly Mammoth

If Wednesday do not win, then I cannot see us having a better chance of overtaking them. No disrespect to Rotherham, who I am sure will not roll over easily. But if we are unable to beat them on the day under the current circumstances, then maybe we do not deserve a top six place, let alone achieve one. So all we can do is win, and keep on winning.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

Probably be a hard fought game. I hope get at least a point.

To lose would be demoralising, but we need to keep going until  there's no mathematical chance of a play -off place. I'm sure there will be a lot of twists and turns along the way, and Wednesday, or someone else could go on a bad run.

This could go right to the wire.

Twig

Quote from: RaySmith on March 28, 2017, 05:32:32 AM
Probably be a hard fought game. I hope get at least a point.
D
To lose would be demoralising, but we need to keep going until  there's no mathematical chance of a play -off place. I'm sure there will be a lot of twists and turns along the way, and Wednesday, or someone else could go on a bad run.

This could go right to the wire.

Given our run in, a point won't do it.  This one game we absolutely need to win.

Fulham Tup North

Got to agree, anything less than 3points will be dire for us. There are games away at Huddersfield which will prove to be hard. This one is a win or forget top 6.
Hope Barnsley can do us a favour!
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

MJG

Nothing less than 3 points is required on Saturday.
Wednesday also play Rotherham next week so if we dont win we would at least hope they dont beat our result we have, but the 3 points are needed to be banked because of our tough run of games.

davew

Quote from: MJG on March 28, 2017, 07:30:38 AM
Wednesday also play Rotherham next week so if we dont win we would at least hope they dont beat our result we have, but the 3 points are needed to be banked because of our tough ruin of games.

Hope you mean tough run of games and not ruin, bad omen that comment!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

MJG

Quote from: davew on March 28, 2017, 09:03:25 AM
Quote from: MJG on March 28, 2017, 07:30:38 AM
Wednesday also play Rotherham next week so if we dont win we would at least hope they dont beat our result we have, but the 3 points are needed to be banked because of our tough ruin of games.

Hope you mean tough run of games and not ruin, bad omen that comment!
;-)

RaySmith

The phrase 'must win' chills me - it just seems to put so much pressure on the team, and we usually don't win games flagged up as such.

Though, obviously if we don't win, that greatly diminishes our chances of a top 6 place, though I won't give up hope until it's impossible.

I'm sure we'll have a good crowd cheering on the team. I wish I could be here, though I'm going to Huddersfield, and possibly Wednesday if we're still in contention. This is  a stressful time for Fulham fans, and feels a bit like a relegation battle - except it isn't, of course, and we are aiming for a very positive outcome for the club, with no terrible consequences if we don't  get it.

JoelH5

Quote from: RaySmith on March 28, 2017, 09:11:13 AM
The phrase 'must win' chills me - it just seems to put so much pressure on the team, and we usually don't win games flagged up as such.

Though, obviously if we don't win, that greatly diminishes our chances of a top 6 place, though I won't give up hope until it's impossible.

I'm sure we'll have a good crowd cheering on the team. I wish I could be here, though I'm going to Huddersfield, and possibly Wednesday if we're still in contention. This is  a stressful time for Fulham fans, and feels a bit like a relegation battle - except it isn't, of course, and we are aiming for a very positive outcome for the club, with no terrible consequences if we don't  get it.

This is a must win. If you can't beat bottom of the league who are effectively already relegated, we really cant claim that we deserve a play off spot.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

RaySmith

I hope the team can play their normal game, and aren't too tense. We definitely should win this if we play to our potential. And, of course, we need to win it.

toshes mate

Quote from: RaySmith on March 28, 2017, 09:30:13 AM
I hope the team can play their normal game, and aren't too tense. We definitely should win this if we play to our potential. And, of course, we need to win it.

They are capable of winning any game they play, and should do so by playing their normal possession football.  We need to win every game not because they are must win but because we are good enough to do so. 

nose

we have taken four points from our last four home games, the last two performances less than good enough by a long way.
It would in truth have been better to lose at Newcastle and win three out of four at home!
the rotherham game AND all the rest our now massive but leeds V reading is massive for us too.

Because we have been quite so lackluster in the last two games I am less confident than for a while.
The 1st of February is killing us and unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it except hope the owner learns from another avoidable error of judgement.

Scrumpy

We never lose away games north of Birmingham!

(Well, this season anyway).

Hopefully we can squeak a win. I'm sure Rotherham won't make it easy, but we should have too much quality for them. We just need to take a couple of chances and not squander too many.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Fulhamfan666

It's "easily enough" to predict top six, but on how many points do people reckon Rot. will end up with?

davew

Quote from: Fulhamfan666 on March 29, 2017, 07:03:26 PM
It's "easily enough" to predict top six, but on how many points do people reckon Rot. will end up with?
Hopefully 17, otherwise we could be in trouble!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)