watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (13/04/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, April 13, 2017, 07:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Players like Fulham's Scott Malone will prove pivotal in bruising Easter weekend encounters
Columnist Chris Bishop believes the full-back's mix of speed and flair and his iron core will be vital if Fulham want anything from their two games over the Easter weekend

A gentle sigh of relief when Fulham dispatched Ipswich; followed by a groan as I caught the end of the only Championship game beamed live in Africa on the day.

Sadly, Newcastle couldn't do us a favour at Sheffield Wednesday.

It is far from over for Fulham, even though the Wednesday looked pretty tasty at home. Two tough games over Easter and if we can win those surely anything is possible in that last game of the season at Hillsborough.

These are likely to be bruising games. In this, I think powerful players like Scott Malone will be the key.

That mix of speed, skill and flair and a core of iron. One of the few games shown live here was the win at Brentford. I was impressed by the way he thundered down the wing on that night.

You could swear that he could have run over one-or- two of the Brentford players without noticing. What a contrast to the meek surrender at Griffin Park the season before.

(Photo: Justin Setterfield/GettyImages)

The fans call Malone fast and frightening and it's not surprising given his background. He was born in Rowley Regis – in the steely heart of the industrial Black Country – not too far from where I grew up.

In these rough, tough, towns you learn to look after yourself very quickly.

More than that Malone has come up hard way, starting with an apprenticeship at his home town club of Wolverhampton Wanderers. He never played a game for them despite years of grafting away on the training ground – that must toughen you up for a start. Then the boot camps of British football: Southend and Burton Albion, on loan, Millwall and Cardiff City.

When Malone was swapped for Jazz Richards in pre-season I read some rubbish on line (written by Cardiff fans) saying something along the lines that it was fair exchange as both clubs had ended up with a poor player. This is one reason why I hate all this online trash talk.

How all those online haters must have felt when Malone passed the second against Ipswich so sweetly into the bottom corner of the net? A touch of class, as well as the strength of steel, will come in very handy if the dream stretches to Wembley.

A second debut: Marcus Bettinelli (Photo: Dan Istitene/Getty Images)

And how great to see Marcus Bettinelli back between the posts; his one-handed reflex save in the second half led to Johansen grabbing the third on Saturday; former Fulham 'keeper Tony Macedo, now 79 and living just down the road from me in Johannesburg, would have been proud.

It must have been hard for Bettinelli on the bench for the last couple of years. But he didn't give up and turned down bigger clubs in a situation where no one could have blamed him for going. I think can be a great Premier League goalkeeper yet.

Who knows? In the next couple of weeks another reflex Bettinelli save could make him the talk of Fulham fans for generations - like Macedo of Johannesburg.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/players-like-fulhams-scott-malone-12882379

WhiteJC

Forget West Ham.. These 3 reasons are why Slavisa Jokanovic should stay at Fulham

Following the news on Tuesday afternoon that Premier League outfit West Ham United may make an approach for the current Fulham boss Slaviša Jokanović, supporters were coming out with all sorts of reasons as to why Slaviša Jokanović shouldn't leave.

The Cottagers have enjoyed a relatively successful campaign in terms of league position, with the club racking up a late play-off push as the season's end comes ever close.

Jokanović has recently signed a new two-year deal at Craven Cottage so I personally struggle to see why the Serbian manager would opt out of his project at Fulham.

In fact, his squad has a number of rising stars who are not too far from becoming top-flight players themselves.

Two names spring to mind; creative and provider Tom Cairney and the teenage Ryan Sessegnon.

Many fans will be hoping the luxury of working in the Premier League doesn't become too tempting for their current boss.

Here are THREE reasons as to why Slaviša Jokanović should stick with Fulham for the time-being.....

Slaviša Jokanović has a project at Craven Cottage
Having decided to commit his long-term future earlier in the season, I can't see as to why Slaviša Jokanović would go back on his word and leave this summer.

The current roster he has is almost perfect to the project the 48-year-old has installed at Craven Cottage, and he will want to carry out that plan and image he has at Fulham.

Jokanović will undoubtedly want to gain promotion to the top-flight with this club, and he has the first opportunity to do this having been sacked too early, in my opinion, at Watford.

The players believe in Jokanović
As a manager at any club it is vitally important for the manager to be likened within the dressing room and have the players' trust, which is what Slaviša Jokanović has at Fulham.

The ex-Chelsea midfielder is working wonders at Craven Cottage and that's been transported into the first-team, who have dramatically overturned their fortunes since the Serb arrived in west London.

More so for the club rather than Slaviša Jokanović but the hope of a not-too-distant return to the Premier League is on the horizon, with this being their best campaign since relegation to the Championship and for that to happen the manager needs to stay.

A decision to leave could harm his managerial career
Slaviša Jokanović has several honours as a manager but I'm the one he commemorates the most is the promotion he gained at Watford, where the Hornets became runners-up in the league and went up to the Premier League.

After his unfair dismissal at Vicarage Road, I'm sure the former Yugoslavia international wants to add more silverware and promotions to his CV – this is a highly likely possibility if he remains at Fulham.

Deciding to manage West Ham would astronomically ruin his career as a unproven boss in the top-flight – he needs to establish himself in the English game at Craven Cottage before moving up the divisions.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/forget-west-ham-these-3-reasons-are-why-slavisa-jokanovic-should-stay-at-fulham/

WhiteJC

Neil Warnock names the two teams he thinks could win this season's Championship play-offs

Two of Warnock's old sides Leeds United and Huddersfield Town have all but secured a top six place, with Sheffield Wednesday and Fulham hoping to join the party.

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock has named the two teams he thinks could win this season's Championship play-offs.

Two of Warnock's old sides Huddersfield Town and Leeds United look to have all but secured a top six place alongside Reading, with one of Sheffield Wednesday or Fulham likely to join the trio for the end-of-season showdown.

But despite Warnock's allegiances - he's also a well-known supporter and former manager of Wednesday's rivals Sheffield United - the Yorkshireman gave a somewhat unexpected response when discussing the Championship's promotion candidates on Talksport on Tuesday.

"I think it could be whichever one of those two, myself. I think they could win the play-offs, Sheffield Wednesday or Fulham." he said.

"Fulham are a good side but they're not so good on the defensive side of the game so it'll be interesting. I think those two teams have got enough in the play-offs with what they've got, but you've got to take your hat off to the other lads. I mean, (Leeds United manager) Garry Monk's (been) fantastic after a bad start, and Huddersfield... wow, you know. It's unbelievable."

Warnock could yet have an impact on who finishes where, with trips to Wednesday and Huddersfield still to come for his Cardiff team.

The 68-year-old spent two seasons with the Terriers during the mid-1990s and returned to West Yorkshire in 2012 for an underwhelming spell at Leeds United.

This season's play-off dates were finally confirmed by the EFL on Wednesday, with semi-final ties to take place on May 13, 14, 16 and 17 - 12 days before the bank holiday Monday showpiece at Wembley.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/04/12/neil-warnock-names-the-two-teams-he-thinks-could-win-the-play-of/

WhiteJC

Fulham boss confirms news that fans will surely be ecstatic with

Fulham head coach Slavisa Jokanovic has today confirmed that the club won't be selling Ryan Sessegnon to either Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal this summer.

The highly-rated 16-year-old defender has shone for the Whites this season and it's led to increased transfer speculation about his future but Jokanovic confirmed in his press conference today that his player "won't be in the transfer market this summer".

This makes for good news for Fulham fans, who would have been worrying about the future of the left-back, who has been attracting attention from some of England's biggest clubs.

But with the Whites now set to turn down any move for the talented young defender, Fulham fans can continue thinking about the rest of the season, where they will hope to get maximum points from their remaining games to force their way into the Championship play-off places.

Fulham travel to Norwich City this Friday in what looks to be one of the biggest games of the season when it comes to deciding the promotion race.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-boss-confirms-news-that-fans-will-surely-be-ecstatic-with/

WhiteJC

Manager makes emphatic response to reports star man tracked by Tottenham for three years to transfer

Slavisa Jokanovic has insisted that Fulham will not sell teen sensation Ryan Sessegnon this summer.

The 16-year-old has been linked to all the elite Premier League clubs on the back of a stunning start to his professional career.

Sources have told Football Insider that Tottenham have been closely tracking the left-sided ace since he was 14 as they weigh up a bid this summer, while there is also strong interest from Liverpool and other super clubs Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City.

But Fulham are keen to hang on to their prize asset, who is so highly rated that many expect him to be worth £30million in two years.

Manager Jokanovic gave a firm response on Wednesday to the subject of Sessegnon's future by insisting the youngster "will not be in the transfer market in the summer".

Jokanovic has brought Sessegnon through this season, using him at both left-back and in left midfield while monitoring his game time carefully.

He has responded with six goals from 27 first-team matches in the campaign, including two in Fulham's stunning 3-1 win at Newcastle last month, and also weighed in with three assists, remarkable tallies for a player who is not only foremost a defender but also one who is so young.

Fulham have showed in the past they are not able to hold on to their outstanding academy products, with Mousa Dembele leaving on a free to Celtic last summer, 12 months after Patrick Roberts joined Manchester City for £11million.

The west London club will be in a stronger position to keep Sessegnon for another year if they are successful in gaining promotion from the Championship.

The Londoners are seventh in the league, two points adrift of Sheffield Wednesday in the final play-off position.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/manager-makes-emphatic-response-to-reports-star-man-is-joining-tottenham-or-liverpool/

WhiteJC

Jokanovic responds to West Ham rumours as he offers update on his Fulham future
The Fulham manager gave a statement about his future at his press conference, which was attended by Sky Sports amid the West Ham links

Slavisa Jokanovic has issued a statement on his Fulham future amid links to replace Slaven Bilic at West Ham (Photo: Justin Setterfield/Getty Images)

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic has moved to deny recent reports that he is set for a move to West Ham at the end of the season.

The Serbian told gathered press today "I've extended my contract. I am absolutely committed to Fulham, always. I am happy with my club."

These quotes could strike a blow to some members of the West Ham board, but current boss Slaven Bilic may feel a tinge of relief after the man who was previously odds-on favourite for the Hammers job told press of his desire to manage in the top flight – with his current team.

"I want to be a Premier League manager with Fulham Football Club."

This dream could become a reality should Jokanovic's side manage to close up the 2 point gap to the Playoff spots in the remaining weeks of the season, and Fulham fans were delighted with the news that their 'Super Slav' ruled out replacing the Croatian.

Slavisa Jokanovic is reportedly in West Ham's sights if Slaven Bilic leaves (Photo: Andrew Redington/Getty Images)

As for Bilic's Hammers, they face a must win encounter at the Stadium of Light this Saturday, and should expect to pile on the misery for the under fire Sunderland boss David Moyes, should they manage to keep quiet former transfer target Jermaine Defoe.

West Ham will need to be winning games like these to look to climb away from the relegation dogfight and secure a mid-table finish.

http://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/news/jokanovic-responds-west-ham-rumours-12884898

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic dismisses West Ham link and insists his sole concentration is on Fulham
Reports suggested West Ham chiefs want the Serbian to replace Slaven Bilic should he leave in the summer, but Jokanovic has dismissed the link

Slavisa Jokanovic has dismissed reports linking him with the West Ham job should Slaven Bilic lose his position as the Hammer's manager.

Sky Sports News HQ reported yesterday that the Fulham boss was West Ham's number one choice to replace Bilic in the summer should their current manager be sacked and that the board at the London Stadium were impressed with Jokanovic.

One of the main things they reportedly are keen about with the Fulham boss is his ability to promote youth from the academy into the first-team - something he has done with Ryan Sessegnon this season.

But Jokanovic, who has been in charge at Crave Cottage for 15 months and signed a new two-year deal in February to remain at the club until 2019, has dismissed the reports and insists he is concentrating on getting Fulham into the play-offs.

He said: "This is only rumours and we are now in a crucial moment of the competition and I don't have time for thinking about different teams.

"I'm only thinking about my team and I am fully concentrated and motivated for the push with my players for fighting with the targets.

"For all the Championship coaches this can be a natural step for another things.

"I want to talk about my players, challenges in front of us.

"I have my problems and West Ham have problems to resolve in this moment, in front of them is a fantastic man and a fantastic coach and I don't have any info they are keen for changing the manager and this info that is passed around about me in this moment is not important, it's important what is in my head about the job that is front of us. I am not thinking about far future I am thinking about the immediate future and what is in front of us which is the Norwich game.

"I am absolutely committed, always, I will repeat that I have a year and a half on my contract with Fulham - I am happy with my club and I will push hard to be a Premier League coach with Fulham in the future either in a few months or a little bit longer."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/slavisa-jokanovic-dismisses-west-ham-12882519

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic plays down reports linking him with West Ham job
The Cottagers boss has insisted he is committed to getting Fulham into the Premier League

Jokanovic has dismissed rumours linking him to West Ham (Photo: Dan Mullan)

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic has played down reports that he is set for the West Ham job should the Hammers lose patience with Slaven Bilic.

The Croatian is feeling the strain at the London Stadium with the Hammers sitting in a disappointing 14th place in the Premier League and the Cottagers chief is reportedly top of the Hammers' wish list.

But Jokanovic said: "I've extended my contract. I am absolutely committed, always. I am happy with my club.

The Serb signed a new deal at Craven Cottage in February, committing himself to the club until 2019.

The former Watford head coach joined Fulham in December 2015 from Maccabi Tel Aviv and led them clear of relegation trouble last season.

His side currently sit in seventh place in the Championship, just two points off Sheffield Wednesday in the final play-off spot.

The Hammers secured a much-needed win against Swansea last weekend to snap a five-game losing streak and see them move eight points clear of the relegation zone.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fulham-boss-slavisa-jokanovic-plays-10212225

WhiteJC

Liverpool dealt huge transfer blow after Fulham issue a hands off warning on wonderkid Ryan Sessegnon
The Reds had been ready to pluck the 16-year-old defender from the Cottagers once the transfer window opened

Jurgen Klopp will not be giving Sessegnon a Reds shirt this summer (Photo: Getty Images)

Ryan Sessegnon will not leave Fulham this summer after Slavisa Jokanovic issued a hands off warning for his star man.

Liverpool had been ready to pluck the 16-year-old defender from the Cottagers once the transfer window opened.

The Reds had been desperate to make Sessegnon the answer to their left-back problems - with James Milner forced to fit in at the back this season.

But the west London side insist Sessegnon will not be sold this summer, with the left back set to sign a professional deal at the end of the season.

Sessegnon has been a shining light since breaking into the first team (Photo: Reuters)

Boss Jokanovic said: "Sessegnon will not be in the transfer market in the summer."

Arsenal, Tottenham, Manchester City and Manchester United were also in the hunt for the wonderkid.

Sessegnon has made 26 outings on this maiden campaign - with Fulham chasing a play-off place.

Former Watford chief Jokanovic has also played down speculation he could be the next West Ham boss.

The Serbian is reportedly top of the Hammers' wish list should they part with Slaven Bilic this summer.

But Jokanovic said: "I've extended my contract. I am absolutely committed, always. I am happy with my club.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-ryan-sessegnon-fulham-transfer-10212215

WhiteJC

Edun: Gaining Momentum

Fulham lost 3-1 away at Newcastle in the PL2 on Monday afternoon, and the Whites sit in fourth spot with only two matches remaining in the season. The next match is Tuesday away at Blackburn, followed by Wolves at Craven Cottage the week after.

On Tyneside, the Whites took the lead before conceding three goals within nine minutes, all goals came in the first half.

"It was tough," commented Tayo Edun, who was playing left-back for the Whites. "We went ahead, we knew we were better than them but I think we had a spell where we just let it slide.

"In the second half we got better, but having let it go too much in the first half we couldn't bring it back. We were definitely better than them, that spell where we conceded the three goals cost us.

"I'd say we just fell apart. If we let two goals in maybe we would have had a bit more luck, but conceding three is a lot, especially in one half so it was asking lot to come out and get the goals that were needed, unfortunately we couldn't do it."

Though Edun was operating in the back line, he was able to get forward in the match and put good supply into the box. Matt O'Riley and goal scorer Josh Smile were sending balls up the pitch for him to chase.

"Peter was telling me to play more advanced, as we needed to get the goals to put more pressure on them because there would definitely be chances, so he was telling me to push on more.

"He knows the quality the boys have in midfield to find me wherever they are on the pitch with the diagonals."

Asked out how crucial the next two games could be, Edun replied, "Of course we want to win them and get some momentum going into the Play-Offs, but also if we can beat Wolves and then get them in the Play-Offs, there's then a mental advantage as we've beaten them a few weeks before.

"So that's why I think losing to Newcastle was more of a loss, because if we have them in the Play-Offs now, they could go into it thinking 'we beat these guys and we can do it again'.

"We want to get the momentum going because we know we are definitely good enough to be in the first division and that's where we are trying to end up.

"I think the season's been good, the amount of players that have been in and out of the team, and we've still continued to bond.

"Even if we haven't been getting the results recently that we have wanted, we can still keep the structure and everyone's on the same page. Obviously we want the Play-Offs and unfortunately we didn't get to win the league with Swansea having run away with it. We still have a chance to get promotion which is key."

Edun has been playing for the England Under-19 squad this year and his selection reflects how well he has been performing this season. He scored a storming goal against Norway in their recent European Qualifier.

"The tournament is in Georgia, there a couple of camps beforehand," he stated. "There is a week in Spain and then a couple of weekends up at St. George's before the tournament and hopefully I get picked. I'm just doing as much as I can at club level to impress."

The next match PL2 match is Tuesday 18th April, at the Leyland County Ground at 7pm.

Newcastle photos courtesy of Serena Taylor/NUFC Photographer

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/april/12/edun-gaining-momentum

WhiteJC

Ticket details: Owls v Fulham

Owls v Fulham 
Sunday 7 May 2017 – (12.00pm)
Championship

Tickets for this Category B fixture start from £34 for adult Owls Members and £5 for under 11 Members on the Kop.

Tickets are currently on sale to Season Ticket holders and Owls Members and will go on general sale from Tuesday 18 April.

Tickets are available to purchase in person at the Ticket Office, by telephone on 03700 201867 (Option 1, £2 booking fee per ticket) or online at www.shop.sheffieldwednesday.co.uk.

Prices

Kop   Members   Non Members
Adult   £34   £39
Senior/under 21   £24   £29
Student/armed forces   £29   £39
Junior under 17   £10   £15
Junior under 11   £5   £10
Junior under 5 (advance sale only)   £5   £5

North/Grandstand   Members   Non Members
Adult   £37   £42
Senior/under 21   £27   £32
Student/armed forces   £32   £42
Junior under 11   £5   £5

South   Members   Non Members
Adult   £41   £46
Senior/under 21   £31   £36
Student/armed forces   £26   £46
Junior under 11   £5   £10

All supporters who attend this game and purchase their tickets in advance under their own ID number will receive 10 Ticket Priority Points.

Read more at http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/ticket-details-owls-v-fulham-3671943.aspx#j6QuxuBXvEgUTooY.99

WhiteJC

Jokanović's Easter Preview

Slaviša Jokanović has urged his side to find another gear as we go into the final five fixtures of the regular season.

The Easter period throws up a double-header against Norwich City and Aston Villa, and the Fulham Head Coach wants his team to give everything to ensure the campaign doesn't end at Hillsborough on May 7th.

"It's two important games in front of us," he stated. "We're confident, we're in a good mental moment and we believe we can win the games that are in front of us.

"We've played 41 games, now it's a crucial moment of the competition and we need to find extra motivation and extra power and extra desire to try and find our best performance in these five games in front of us.

"Five games are left but really what we want is eight games still to play this season, and we're going to push hard for this target.

"I am confident. I am optimistic that we can improve ourselves and make some more steps. If you're seventh in the table it's natural to want to push a little bit stronger and finish the competition in the top-six."

Norwich go into Good Friday's encounter having humbled Reading 7-1 last time out, but Jokanović insists his side are prepared for the fixture.

"A fantastic game is behind them," he admitted. "They played very well, destroyed Reading.

"We've analysed what happened in this game and in the game they played before, and we are confident and believe we can offer our best performance and fight for the victory.

"I need brave people, I need people with enough experience for this moment, we need to read and interpret what happens during games a little bit better and be available to fight all together with the ball, or without the ball too."

Asked what advice he gives to the younger members of the squad who haven't experienced this pressure before, Jokanović replied: "Be brave, believe in yourselves and your teammates.

"Open your mind and interpret what's happening around you; when is the moment to be quiet, when is the moment to take extra risks.

"This is part of the game, and I'm ready to support them, but we need to be intelligent enough and understand what's happening around us."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/april/12/jokanovics-easter-preview

WhiteJC

Villa Tickets

Tickets for Fulham's match against Aston Villa on Easter Monday (17th April, kick-off 2:45pm) are now limited!

The Whites will head into Monday's game looking to continue their push towards the Play-Off places, and with tickets selling quickly there's no better time to guarantee your seat to watch all the action unfold!

With tickets priced from just £25 for adults and from £15 for juniors, supporters can purchase tickets online today or by calling the Fulham Ticket Office on 0843 208 1234.

Fans are also reminded that the Fulham Ticket Office will be closed on Friday 14th April but will be open for the rest of the weekend.

With queues expected, we encourage fans to collect their tickets in advance of matchday. Find out more about our Easter Opening Hours here.

Matchday Hospitality
Why not enjoy the match in style by experiencing all the action with our Easter Monday Hospitality package.

Spend your matchday with fellow Fulham fans in a Shared Executive Suite, where you'll recieve food and drink served prior to kick-off, followed by watching the match unfold from private balconies overlooking the Cottage pitch.

Priced at just £75 per person, this package is available to purchase online or by phone on 0208 336 7555 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5:30pm).

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/april/12/villa-tickets

WhiteJC

Russell Martin wary of threat from Fulham and former Norwich City striker Chris Martin

Chris Martin celebrates scoring Fulhams equaliser against Norwich City during this seasons 2-2 draw. Picture by Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd

Russell Martin is wary of the threat likely to be posed by Fulham and a former Norwich City striker at Carrow Road on Friday.

The Cottagers are tied with the Canaries as the second-highest scorers in the Championship, on 72 scored in 41 games, and hit back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 with Norwich at Craven Cottage earlier this season.

Martin thinks Slavisa Jokanovic's side play in a similar style to play-off rivals Reading though – who City smashed 7-1 last weekend – and is hopeful of another good home result.

"Probably the second half down there, they were one of the best teams we've played, them and Huddersfield in terms of passing the ball and having a way of playing, but Reading do play a similar way," the Canaries skipper said.

"So this week will be about trying to exploit that, knowing their strength and making sure we produce something similar to what we did against Reading.

"If we do that we're confident we can get a win, especially here, our home form has been reasonably good."

Fulham are likely to have City academy product Chris Martin in their line-up as well, with the Beccles-born forward having scored 10 goals in 29 games since joining on loan from Derby, including the equaliser in October.

The 28-year-old played 117 times for the Canaries, scoring 34 times, playing alongside Martin as promotions from League One and the Championship were secured and the duo also play together for Scotland.

"He's one of the best strikers in the league, there's no doubt about it, that's what he's proved over the years," Martin added. "Chrissy is one of the most mentally strong lads I've ever come across, he doesn't care what anyone else thinks of him, he knows his game, knows his strengths.

"When he was here he probably didn't quite work out what he was going to be and he obviously had Holty (Grant Holt) here, but Holty helped him a lot, he was on him every day and told him you can't just be jack of all trades, master of none. Chris has worked out what his game is and is extremely tough to play against and in the teams he's been in he's been a focal point, when he was at Derby.

"He'll be a threat if he plays, Fulham will be a threat."

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/russell-martin-wary-of-threat-from-fulham-and-former-norwich-city-striker-chris-martin-1-4974407

WhiteJC

Revealed: 96% of Liverpool fans want Klopp to sign Ryan Sessegnon

Fulham's teenage wonderkid Ryan Sessegnon will surely be the Football League's most sought-after commodity this summer.

The left-back is just 16 years of age but has already represented England at U19 level, scored against Premier League opposition in the form of FA Cup opponents Hull City and made 26 Championship appearances, playing a hand in six goals, amid the Cottagers' incredibly convincing late promotion push.

Accordingly, Sessegnon is by no means short of suitors, with The Daily Mail claiming Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur have all watched him in action this season.

However, the British newspaper report that Liverpool hope to beat Tottenham and Manchester City particularly to Sessegnon's signature and according to the results of our exclusive poll, this is a transfer battle Reds supporters desperately want to see their club win.

Indeed, we asked Liverpool fans earlier this week whether they'd back a summer swoop for Sessegnon and the result was a resounding yes, with 96% of the vote. We're not convinced he's quite ready to take over James Milner at left-back just yet, but the teenager looks a fantastic prospect for the future.

https://www.footballfancast.com/debate/poll-results/revealed-96-of-liverpool-fans-want-klopp-to-sign-ryan-sessegnon

WhiteJC

Summer is fast approaching: Slaviša Jokanović must send scouts to watch these 3 players ASAP

Slaviša Jokanović has worked wonders at Craven Cottage since his arrival and more so this season with the club lingering just outside the top six, chasing a potential place to walk out at Wembley in the play-off final.

The Cottagers will fully be focused on the what happens on the pitch, whereas the manager will have one eye on his transfer targets as the summer transfer window quickly approaches.

With the campaign nearly over, Jokanović will be wanting to get the scouting work done as soon as he possibly can with only weeks remaining in the footballing year and I'm sure he already has a positive idea of which players he wants scouts to be watching.

One position I do feel Fulham have lacked in throughout the season is a consistent goal scorer and perhaps another creative play maker in the heart of midfield to take the heat off Tom Cairney.

As well as this, maybe they need some defensive reinforcements.

So, with that said, here are three players Slaviša Jokanović needs to send scouts to watch as soon as possible.

Lee Gregory
Having previous mentioned that Fulham need a reliable forward, Millwall striker Lee Gregory is a perfect candidate for this and with the player just coming back from an illness, this is the perfect opportunity for the Cottagers to start doing their scouting work.

The 28-year-old has risen through the divisions and been one of the highest scorers in League One for the last two seasons, becoming a quick transfer target for a large number of Championship outfits.

Gregory will be eager to move up a division to prove his ability if the Lions don't gain promotion this campaign and putting two-and-two together, it's a perfect match for both parties although there is only three weeks remaining of the season so Fulham need to act swiftly.

Liam Boyce
Liam Boyce has been one of the players of the year in the Scottish Premiership with 15 goals and 5 assists in 29 matches for Ross County, so it's clear to see why the striker may build up interest.

The reason why Slaviša Jokanović needs to send scouts to watch this potential arrival is because the 26-year-old is yet to ply his trade in English football and Fulham will want to do their homework before making such a signing.

Boyce may be an ounce cheaper as his contract at Ross County has just one year remaining and the Scotland side may want to cash-in on their influential attacker than allowing him to depart for free.

Yoann Court
The 27-year-old is currently playing in the French second division but is certainly ready to make the step up to English football with his performances throughout the season.

Yoann Court has provided seven assists for Gazélec Ajaccio in the 2016/17 campaign and would have some sort of impact at Craven Cottage if he was signed by manager Slaviša Jokanović.

Probably unknown to most Fulham supporters, he'll need to be scouted to see if his stats prove the ability he possesses and if that is the case then Court could play a vital role in the club's promotion push next year.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/summer-is-fast-approaching-slavisa-jokanovic-must-send-scouts-to-watch-these-3-players-asap/

WhiteJC

Star Returns To The Starting XI – Projected 4-2-3-1 Fulham Line-Up To Face Norwich

Predicted Fulham Lineup To Face Norwich
Fulham's playoff push continued with a good 3-1 win over Ipswich last Saturday, keeping them in 7th place in the Championship table just behind Sheffield Wednesday.

They face a tough trip to Norwich now, who may well have found their feet very belatedly, especially at home, where they thrashed Reading 7-1 last week to remain in the top 10. In an astonishing performance, Norwich were 6-1 up at half time that day and will come here full of confidence.

They have plenty to offer going forward, as do Fulham, so this could be a very entertaining game indeed. Lucas Piazon came off the bench last week as his return from a broken jaw gathers pace, so he may well line-up from the start.

Expected Starting XI:
Manager: Slaviša Jokanović
Formation: 4-2-3-1
GK – David Button

It is hard to understand why he was replaced by Marcus Bettinelli last time out, but with 40 games under his belt this season, he has been regarded as the no.1 and may come back into the side.
RB – Ryan Fredericks

The former Bristol City man has played 25 times in the league this season, creating 5 assists in the process and so can add crucial attacking presence once again from right-back position.
CB – Tomas Kalas

The on-loan Chelsea man can start again at the back on what may be a tough afternoon for defenders.
CB – Michael Madl

The Austrian has found his way into the side and may stay there at centre-back alongside Kalas once again.
LB – Scott Malone

The attacking full-back has been excellent this season and might start once more. 5 goals and 3 assists from left-back position is an outstanding record.
CM – Kevin McDonald

Should partner Johansen once again in the midfield engine room. He will be key in controlling the game in favour of Fulham.
CM – Stefan Johansen

The Norway midfielder adds crucial experience. Fulham will need all the defensive nous they can get in this game to keep out a confident Norwich attack.
RW – Sone Aluko

His mazy runs into the box may bring reward on a day like this. He will be looking to get on the scoresheet and make his point.
CAM – Tom Cairney

Although destined for bigger things in the summer; another appearance beckons for Fulham's best player and he can be crucial on the day.
LW – Lucas Piazon

Floyd Ayite may consider himself unlucky to miss out, but he may be replaced here by the Brazilian who will be fresh, after having missed a chunk of the season with a jaw injury.
ST – Chris Martin

Another loanee, this time from Derby, Martin provides Fulham's central goal scoring threat and provides a great foil for runners such as Aluko and Piazon.

http://soccersouls.com/2017/04/13/star-returns-to-the-starting-xi-projected-4-2-3-1-fulham-line-up-to-face-norwich/

WhiteJC

Jokanovic makes his Irons position clear

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic has shrugged off false reports that he is fancied for Slaven Bilic's job despite Sky Sports claiming otherwise in a report yesterday.

The story was immediately denied by the hammers to ClaretandHugh and now the Serbian Craven Cottage boss has made it clear he has no interest in it anyway.

Quite apart from the fact that Bilic looks as safe as houses the media reports continue that replacements are being lined up. They aren't!

The Hammers can more or less guarantee their safety with a win at Sunderland this weekend but in any event it looks a certainty that Bilic will be going nowhere in the summer anyway.

And Jokanovic has no intention of doing a Jaap Stam by claiming he is flattered to be linked with such a position – instead ruling out the possibility entirely.

He declared: ""I've extended my contract. I am absolutely committed, always. I am happy with my club.

http://www.claretandhugh.info/jokanovic-makes-his-irons-position-clear/

WhiteJC

Fulham ready for attacking threats of Norwich City after seeing how Reading were 'destroyed'

Slavisa Jokanovic is confident his Fulham side will not be 'destroyed' by Norwich City in the same way Reading were at Carrow Road last weekend.

The Cottagers arrive in Norfolk tomorrow with a two-point gap to close on the top six but know they must beware the attacking talent at the disposal of interim Canaries boss Alan Irvine.

"A fantastic game is behind them," Jokanovic admitted. "They played very well, destroyed Reading.

"We've analysed what happened in this game and in the game they played before, and we are confident and believe we can offer our best performance and fight for the victory.

"I need brave people, I need people with enough experience for this moment, we need to read and interpret what happens during games a little bit better and be available to fight all together with the ball, or without the ball too."

The west London side have struggled for consistency recently but shook off a 4-2 defeat at Derby when beating Ipswich 3-1 last Saturday. They now face a pivotal part of the season, following Friday's game with a trip to in-form Aston Villa.

"It's two important games in front of us," Jokanovic continued, speaking to his club's website. "We're confident, we're in a good mental moment and we believe we can win the games that are in front of us.

"We've played 41 games, now it's a crucial moment of the competition and we need to find extra motivation and extra power and extra desire to try and find our best performance in these five games in front of us.

"Five games are left but really what we want is eight games still to play this season, and we're going to push hard for this target.

"I am confident. I am optimistic that we can improve ourselves and make some more steps. If you're seventh in the table it's natural to want to push a little bit stronger and finish the competition in the top-six."

Asked how he wants his players to deal with the pressure of a play-off chase, Jokanovic added: "Be brave, believe in yourselves and your teammates.

"Open your mind and interpret what's happening around you; when is the moment to be quiet, when is the moment to take extra risks."

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/fulham-ready-for-attacking-threats-of-norwich-city-after-seeing-how-reading-were-destroyed-1-4974543

WhiteJC

Tottenham could be crowded out in chase for Ryan Sessegnon

Until fairly recently, Tottenham seemed the only logical destination for Fulham starlet Ryan Sessegnon. New rumors complicate that picture however.

Prior to Tottenham's visit to Fulham in February for their FA Cup match, the buzz surrounding Sessegnon intensified. His appearance in that match proved to be the highlight of the host's match as they succumbed to a 3-0 loss.

The England under-21 international's natural position is left-back. Despite starting from so deep, he finds ways to enmesh himself in the workings of the attack. His six goals and four assists for Fulham so far this season are testament enough to that.

Tottenham, of course, are hardly in need for another body at left-back. Danny Rose's injury might be keeping him out of the side, but there is no doubt that he is among the leading full-backs in Europe at the moment. His backup, Ben Davies, is making his own mark, and recently signed a new contract to keep him at the club for the foreseeable future.

Rose is 26 however, and Davies is 23. Still young, with plenty more years left to serve Spurs, but they have nothing on Sessegnon. The Fulham Academy product is just 16-years-old, making him perhaps the clearest long-term successor out there for Rose's role in the England senior set up.

What's more, his fervor in attack makes him a likely candidate for a future position change. Fulham coach Stavisa Jokanovic occasionally pushes him forward into a wide midfield role, thereby keeping him closer to goal and the team's more dedicated goalscorers.

Tottenham, in sum, were never going to be alone in longing for Sessegnon. On Wednesday a new rumor surfaced strongly linking Liverpool with a move for the boy, while the Guardian floated the possibility that more of Spurs' rivals are in the hunt too.

In recent transfer windows, Tottenham have not fared well in bidding wars with the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United. With the stadium construction underway, funds are tight. Daniel Levy's historical reluctance to meet clubs demands — or bend to salary expectations — have sunk many a deal, and could do so again here.

Tottenham hold a unique advantage to those other clubs however. Sessegnon can't realistically hope to immediately start for any of these teams. With Spurs, though, he will have a clear path to the first team. Mauricio Pochettino has made it abundantly clear that he has no problem with promoting worthy candidates from the Academy. Sessegnon need look no further than the chances given to Harry Winks and Cameron Carter-Vickers this season to see how his future with the club might look.

http://hotspurhq.com/2017/04/12/tottenham-could-be-crowded-out-in-chase-for-ryan-sessegnon/