watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Atmosphere

Started by Luka, April 17, 2017, 07:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luka

It was terrific today, we sounded loud and vocal today in H4.
I'm at home now watching a recording of the sky broadcast and there seems almost no noise from the home support while the away support sounds massive!!

Is this the accustics in the ground or just where the mics are placed?
We should adress this for next season if it's accustics. The way things stand it must give the away team a real advantage.

Dodgin

At Norwich it was pretty loud.

AlexW132

Best moment of the match was when they scored and were singing 'Who are ya' to us and the whole of CC replied with the 'We are Fulham, super Fulham' chant, it really showed how up for it we were. It was a bit quiet in the last 5, mainly because the game was finished and we were all knackered!

Holders

It's always that way. The acoustics are truly awful. I just hope the players hear some of it.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

SP

The Villa had great support as always but their songs today were so childish, they seemed to spend more time singing about Birmingham City.

Holders

And we never sing about our neighbours do we?!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

The Enclosurite

Could whoever keeps starting that 'we will rock you' clap in the Johnny Haynes please stop.

It's embarrassing.   :dft001:
¡COYW!

SP

Quote from: Holders on April 17, 2017, 07:48:02 PM
And we never sing about our neighbours do we?!

I don't.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Holders on April 17, 2017, 07:40:56 PM
It's always that way. The acoustics are truly awful. I just hope the players hear some of it.

The Hammy End with its wide open spaces at each side let's the noise out into the Thames.
Putney End it bounces back off the Cottage.. :022:

Mince n Tatties

Away fans are always noisy,we out sang Norwich at their gaff.

HillingdonFFC

Yep agree, couldnt go today but managed to start watching on the TV after 25 mins. Atmosphere seemed very subdued.
Really think the club should look into ways of improving the acoustics at the Hammersmith end. Sound escapes out the semi-open back & the roof layout doesn't help. Funnily enough didn't think Villa were overly loud either

Andy S

WokinghamWhite

Yes there's something about the acoustics. When I have friends or relatives as away supporters they always say afterwards how quiet the home support is, even if it sounds loud to me in T block in the Riverside.

SP

Scott Hogan didn't look too pleased when he was substituted & a Riversider (yes, a Riversider) shouted he should've stayed at Brentford.

Southcoastffc

I used to sit in the JH stand, roughly on the half way line and, invariably, the Hammy End sounded quiet.  Now I'm in the HE and it only sometimes seems noisy.  As has been said, the acoustics are not good.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

_Putney_

It was loud at times today but at others quite quiet.  The problem I think is a mix of poor acoustics and relatively quiet supporters...

When we go to the away games it tends to be the most vocal of fans all around the ground gathered in one spot.

Fulhamfan666

Was in the mixed end, and the home fans were, arguably from where I was sitting, poor vocally.

Villa chants were pure banter.

Wingnut

Gonna have to be at our very best and loudest at Huddersfield. Any idea how many we are going to take there?
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

NorfolkJim

Hammersmith end acoustics have always been a problem as long as I can remember - I do wonder what it's like in the centre circle though. We've been suggesting the club looks at it for decades

southwest6

As someone mentioned earlier, please stop that we will rock you clap... very, very cringe. The acoustics at CC are awful and especially the HE. I'm not sure whether the cottage by the Putney end may help trap sound and therefore is louder. Obviously, away fans will always be more vocal and CC is known to be pretty quiet but on many occasions I had felt that we generated good noise only until i would sometimes watch the broadcast. Not sure what could be done other then enclosing Riverside and HE (wasn't that meant to be a plan at one point?)
Also being by a river doesn't help acoustics either